DId you pay sinsord and how much?

parafareno

40 minutes ago, PaulieAUS said:

Precisely why I am heading back to Thailand when the airports open back up again. I am in good shape, fit, eat well but you'd be hard pressed to find a girl in my home city of Sydney (including australian born asians) that are slim over the age of 22. They have normalised the idea of women in the western world carrying a few extra pounds is okay but I am NOT okay with that. For me the cut-off is 52kg. Larger boned ladies, "curvy" women has never done it for me and never will. If I want to benchpress I'll go the gym thanks.

Poppycock!

You should rephrase to " No 22 year old would want a grandfather"

There are plenty of sexy fit women in Sydney.

They are not financially desperate and any first word upbringing decrees old men and young women.

Just now, fredwiggy said:

American Christian marriages have a high rate of divorce, and a lot of that is the independence of women in America

More like the women were only ever pretending to be Christian.

Hard to reconcile the willingness to break an oath made before God to 'Love, honour, and obey until death' with true belief.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Poppycock!

You should rephrase to " No 22 year old would want a grandfather"

There are plenty of sexy fit women in Sydney.

They are not financially desperate and any first word upbringing decrees old men and young women.

You are kidding me. I work in the CBD as well. Once they hit 25 it's downhill and rapidly. Plenty of desperate women in their thirties have seen better days as well.

I'll be heading back to Bangkok and getting stuck with the under 50kg market. Not everyone in Thailand is an uneducated rice farmer from Issan btw. You do realise there are many educated women in BKK from middle class backgrounds that aren't exactly poor, are well travelled and aren't desperate.

Edited by PaulieAUS
Addition
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2020 at 10:34 AM, tlock said:

I married a 26 year old never married and no kids and paid 200k baht.  The mother borrowed gold and money from friends so at the wedding they announced 400k baht and were able to show it.  

I think the general rule of thumb is sinsod only applies to women who haven't been married before.  A condo is taking the <deleted>.  

I didn't pay sin soht but I would be more willing to pay sin soht that the parents kept than show off money and gold that weren't ours. I detest any sort of "showing off". it would really bug me throughout the process.
Actually I don't like the idea of showing off even if I had given sin soht/gold.

Not having a go at you for doing it, whatever you felt was right for you...........Just for my own feelings on that.

I know that is custom, but it's not my custom.........so would need to be some comprimise

Edited by marc26

On 1/30/2020 at 1:44 AM, neeray said:

The concept of sinsod is as fake as people who buy branded clothes, branded cars, sun glasses, hand bags and expensive watches.

Why would buying any of those things be fake if you can afford them.

they are not my thing but who are you to judge?

On 1/30/2020 at 8:33 AM, RobbyXNorway said:

This is part of the reason I'm going to the Philippines to find a young lady for a serious relationship. And then bring her here to Thailand to live with me.

Thai focus on money and monetary wealth is disgusting.

You my freind know sweet <deleted> all about the philipines it seems. 

The worst horror stories I have witnessed occur there.

Good luck to you, you are begging to be raked over the coals. 

• Like 2

On 1/30/2020 at 8:54 AM, RichardColeman said:

1st Thai wife , about 100,000 - 27, no kids, not married. (I divorced her after 2 years)

2nd Thai wife , Zero. - 2 kids prior to me (live with gran), but not married . (happy for 5 years now with new daughter).

Rule of thumb you pay for what you get - I guess. If she's married before, kids before then zero. 20 year old virgin (555) and you can probably forget the condo 

Yeah, dont know if I would want to marry a woman who would dump her kids.

Then again I wouldnt marry anyone who expected it of me either.

• 1 month later...

I'm "paying" 500,000 baht sin sod for the ceremony. My girlfriend's parents have passed on already. After the wedding I will be giving something like 50,000 to the older sister, and 15,000 to an elderly aunt. The rest will be used to pay wedding expenses. Oh, and I'll be showing 5 baht of gold, which will likely be sold back after the wedding.

Edited by SeaMike01
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, SeaMike01 said:

I'm "paying" 500,000 baht sin sod for the ceremony. My girlfriend's parents have passed on already. After the wedding I will be giving something like 50,000 to the older sister, and 15,000 to an elderly aunt. The rest will be used to pay wedding expenses. Oh, and I'll be showing 5 baht of gold, which will likely be sold back after the wedding.

You are kidding me? Sister and auntie? How the D e le t e d have they convinced you to accept that, or why? It have nothing to do with the tradition.

And since the parents passed away, you only pay for the party? 500k, should be a good party at least, and return some envelopes with money?

• Like 1

Here is a different take of sin soht

What will you do about your son being requested to pay sin soht?

Will you help them?

My stepson is 19yrs old, goes to Thamassat University and runs in some pretty well off crowds.

If it is part of the culture, I wouldn't be against helping him, I'd look at it as if helping kids back in US with a wedding

I just don't know what my cut-off would be amount wise