DId you pay sinsord and how much?

parafareno

1 minute ago, Janner1 said:

And is a virgin because that is what you are actually paying for.

Far to many think they can be the village bike but the farang must pay for what’s left if he wants to ride it

and she's probably a well repaired pillion in the rear by then...

5 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

And is a virgin because that is what you are actually paying for.

Far to many think they can be the village bike but the farang must pay for what’s left if he wants to ride it

Good point. In many cases the parents pimp them out to places like Pattaya, then when they meet a foreign sucker they try to fleece him with the Virgin Mary story and have the cheek to ask for the long term bar fine for marrying them. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Most.

Yes, of course. That´s why most inventors in the history of the world is guys. Most of the successful business owners in the world is guys. Not to forget the most prominent investors and stock market experts are also guys. Not to talk about highly recommended chefs, lawyers and bank managers. Actually there is also a bad as the female football and other sport teams need to have help by a male coach. Yeah, Yinn! You know, the ones that you see as most of them are stupid. ????????????

Actually I must give it to you regarding the dorks that comes to Thailand and get all love sick on the first woman they see in a bar. The ones that just give away everything they got for the company of a young girl. There you are right, they are the real stupid losers. But they were stupid already since birth.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The OP is clearly asking in the wrong place, as obviously every married  member here, has either married a Hi-So General's daughter, who pay them to take her off his hands, or appear to be grooming some young super - intelligent lass through university in return for her favours under the guise of 'marriage'. 

OP, do the sensible thing and export your GF to where SIn sot doesn't exist.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

1.5 million.... They asked for 2 originally, but we only had 1.5 spare ????

All for show only... Straight back to us after the wedding

What's peoples issue with Sinsod ?? It's the custom here so just go with it, or insist to get married in your home country...

Its not the custom of upper class Thais.  But how few farangs know any?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if someone else has mentioned this but when a Thai man marries a Thai woman, yes he pays a sinsord but he often marries into property because his wife will have been left some of the family property if the parents have died. So in that case it is a real estate transaction. A problem there for us because farangs cannot own property.

So many stories about giving it back after the wedding because it's all for show. They care so much about "face" in their community and to their family and friends. Such a burden to carry! So different to Western ideas of marrying for love. For Thais love is shown by giving money in cash or gold. 

I am reliably informed that a previously married woman especially with children is not generally entitled to any sinsord. However many Thais will argue about that 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Isaan Alan said:

Not sure if someone else has mentioned this but when a Thai man marries a Thai woman, yes he pays a sinsord but he often marries into property because his wife will have been left some of the family property if the parents have died. So in that case it is a real estate transaction. A problem there for us because farangs cannot own property.

So many stories about giving it back after the wedding because it's all for show. They care so much about "face" in their community and to their family and friends. Such a burden to carry! So different to Western ideas of marrying for love. For Thais love is shown by giving money in cash or gold. 

I am reliably informed that a previously married woman especially with children is not generally entitled to any sinsord. However many Thais will argue about that 

i may go have a coffee at starbucks tomorrow, can someone please loan me their macbook pro just for 1 hour please

• Like 1

...just look at the 'body language' in some of those photos....it says it all...

...looks of contempt...disdain...even disgust.....

...yeah....give her (?) a condo...'right off the bat'....you'll be playing 'catch-up' the rest of your life...

...and hope that it doesn't serve for her to 'keep her other options open'...

...good luck....!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...just look at the 'body language' in some of those photos....it says it all...

...looks of contempt...disdain...even disgust.....

...yeah....give her (?) a condo...'right off the bat'....you'll be playing 'catch-up' the rest of your life...

...and hope that it doesn't serve for her to 'keep her other options open'...

...good luck....!!!

Or its just awkwardness at being forced to show a public display of affection in-font of a media frenzy when societal values have taught these women up to avoid such shows. 

Edited by richard_smith237

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Thailand is a feudal society. Haven't you worked that out yet?

Yep, but I'm not Thai, I'm from a Western background.

In a relationship it's give and take. Sin sod and other backwards customs I wouldn't agree with. Luckily my girlfriend is quite progressive.

17 hours ago, tlock said:

I married a 26 year old never married and no kids and paid 200k baht.  The mother borrowed gold and money from friends so at the wedding they announced 400k baht and were able to show it.  

I think the general rule of thumb is sinsod only applies to women who haven't been married before.  A condo is taking the <deleted>.  

I didnt pay and if you do you married the wrong woman. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Tell her if you have to pay you won’t bother getting married. Then see how much is about the money and how much is about being married. 

Correct another Thai scam originated from selling there daughters for sex services. I give to the family small amounts from time to time. If you want to be scammed pay. They can pay me for saving there daughter which they failed to do. Good luck to these Thais.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

I didnt pay and if you do you married the wrong woman. 

Based on your singular point of experience you have made this sweeping generalisation that 'if Sin-Sod is paid a man has married the wrong woman’ - with such a flawed and unimaginative argument presented it could also be countered that perhaps your wife married the wrong man !!! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Correct another Thai scam originated from selling there daughters for sex services. I give to the family small amounts from time to time. If you want to be scammed pay. They can pay me for saving there daughter which they failed to do. Good luck to these Thais.

You must have an amazing relationship with her family, I hope you speak Thai. You are a noble chap for saving their daughter.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its sad that this is your only take-away from a post where someone identifies that he’s been respectful of the family he’s moving into. 

You seem to lack the ability to recognise that not all cultures are the same as ours. I suspect any cross cultural relationship you are involved with involves a lot of tension through your failure to accommodate other traditions, cultures and people. 

Yes, there was tension at times and so there should have been. In time you'll figure out a happy medium where both cultures are respected. Once again, it's give and take.

My observation is that when it comes to money matters within farang/thai relationships, Thai culture often governs and I wonder why.

Edited by Bassosa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1