DId you pay sinsord and how much?

parafareno

On 2/15/2020 at 4:00 AM, bwpage3 said:

Takes two to tangle.

You theorizing that all white women are bad?

Look in the mirror, you might find the answer.

If you are old and fairly ugly, make up, they want your money, not you.

I don't think all white women are bad. I have white female friends- I just wouldn't marry one. PC is so ingrained into western culture that they don't even realise how PC they are. I even thought PC was normal till I discovered Thailand. No wonder I fell in love with it and the women.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 8:10 AM, neeray said:

I won't produce one baht of sinsod.

The little family is forever grateful that I am putting daughter through a Bkk university complete with all the extras required for that education.

And I've already got my payback with grades in the high nineties.

This smart, sensible, well-grounded Thai girl will have a bright future.

No need to prove anything with sinsod.

awesome! where can i find a young girl with good open heart? not corrupted with age and can put her through studies? how did you find your girl? 

Sinsod is still observed by many all over the country. I haven't paid any and I actually made it clear at the beginning that I DO NOT observe and care for traditions that require large amount of money to change hands. The family accepted my decision and never had a problem with it. In fact, I seemed to have gained more respect.

But nevertheless, most lower-class locals still observe this custom. It is indeed true, that if the guy doesn't pay the right amount, the wedding will fall through.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:00 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think all white women are bad. I have white female friends- I just wouldn't marry one. PC is so ingrained into western culture that they don't even realise how PC they are. I even thought PC was normal till I discovered Thailand. No wonder I fell in love with it and the women.

I don't think ALL white women are bad either ......... just the ones we marry.

It all starts going wrong after you bang em.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 2:44 AM, BritManToo said:

I don't think ALL white women are bad either ......... just the ones we marry.

It all starts going wrong after you bang em.

I did realise that very early on in life and I never attempted to bang any woman I wanted to be friends with. IMO it's impossible to go back from being lovers to being friends. That doesn't apply to friends one would like to marry. IMO one should never marry a woman one isn't a friend with first. Love never lasts, but friendship does.

• Like 1

Paid 33k, and it was frowned on at first. But accepted a day or two later,  and the mom kept it. I didn't care. She was never married,but had two children before, so she really wasn't due anything. It's supposed to go back to the couple after the ceremony. It's just a show of responsibility for their daughter. Those who keep it are in it for greed. Her mom asked for us to get married again when we moved into the house that I built here for us, but I said no. She responded by divorce. I said I don't care, it's your mom's extortion. That went away anyway. All women want to be taken care of, except the most liberal, and it's a man's job to take care of the family ,with help from his wife.

Edited by fredwiggy
add

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 12:56 PM, fredwiggy said:

All women want to be taken care of, except the most liberal, and it's a man's job to take care of the family ,with help from his wife.

Doesn't apply in LOS.

It's a daughter's job to take care of her family, while the sons get to <deleted> and drink. Some time ago Thai women realised that if they married a farang he would support the family for her, while she got to watch Thai soaps, gossip and and paint her nails. All she had to do in exchange was put up with a bit of horizontal folk dancing now and then.

They ain't stupid.

All women want to be taken care of

Seems western men are waking up and smelling the coffee. Marriages in are at a low level compared to the past.

https://www.healthymarriageinfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Marriage-Trends-in-Western.pdf

From 1970 to the present, countries in all three Euro-pean regions have seen decreases in marriage rates, and significant increases in divorce, cohabitation, and non-marital birth rates.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 12:56 PM, fredwiggy said:

It's supposed to go back to the couple after the ceremony.

No. It's compensation to the parents for losing a care giver.

You are confusing what generally happens now with the reason for sin sod in the first place. Yes, it is usually returned to the couple ( or to the person that gave it ), but that's for parents that don't need it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't apply in LOS.

It's a daughter's job to take care of her family, while the sons get to <deleted> and drink. Some time ago Thai women realised that if they married a farang he would support the family for her, while she got to watch Thai soaps, gossip and and paint her nails. All she had to do in exchange was put up with a bit of horizontal folk dancing now and then.

They ain't stupid.

All women want to be taken care of

Seems western men are waking up and smelling the coffee. Marriages in are at a low level compared to the past.

https://www.healthymarriageinfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Marriage-Trends-in-Western.pdf

From 1970 to the present, countries in all three Euro-pean regions have seen decreases in marriage rates, and significant increases in divorce, cohabitation, and non-marital birth rates.

Some women don't "put up" with the horizontal folk dancing, but enjoy it, especially if they're partner is both taking care of the family and is healthy and takes care of himself. Yes, there are many that will have sex with anything for money, just like prostitutes, but some have morals and want to be attracted to their partners. They are stupid if they do what you've said. because a smart man will find something that at least pulls their weight, and not just in bed. Marriages everywhere are failing because of immorality, greed, unrealistic expectations, and poor upbringing. Cohabitation usually ends up in a split, and like here, single women abound because some fall for the cute face, not realizing 90% of men (boys) will leave anyway. The pattern continues, taught by their parents, that men are only good for one thing, money, and women are to be used because all they want is money. And the sin sod usually does go back to the couple after the ceremony, unless the daughters parents are greedy.  The dowry or sin sod is also to demonstrate that the groom is financially capable of taking care of their daughter.Thai Dowry is a touchy subject in Thailand with Westerners. Normally you or someone in your family approaches the Thai woman’s parents to negotiate” Tong Mun” and “Sin Sod.” Tong Mun which literally means “gold engagement” is in reality 24 karat gold jewelry given to the bride. The concept is similar to an engagement ring in the West. Sin Sod is the dowry itself. The word “Sin” means riches. This could be anything of value. In Africa it would include farm animals, land and such. “Sod” on the other hand is the act of storing or in this context holding the “Sin”. Hence the term Sin Sod or dowry.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Marriages everywhere are failing because of immorality, greed, unrealistic expectations, and poor upbringing.

IMO marriages fail because most people can't live with the same person for as long as we live now. Marriage had a purpose once- the man worked long hours and didn't have time to cook meals, bring up children etc. They got married so someone would do that for them. If they were lucky, their children became adults before they died of overwork and bad food.

The idea that women could get married and live the life of Riley while their husband slaved to give them everything their heart desired is an anomaly of post WW2 affluence in the west, and will go the way of the Dodo as soon as androids are invented.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Some women don't "put up" with the horizontal folk dancing, but enjoy it,

Yes they do, but in many cases the "enjoyment" only lasts till they are in a position they can't be easily got rid of.

Psychologists probably have a theory for it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Marriages everywhere are failing because of immorality, greed, unrealistic expectations, and poor upbringing.

No, marriages are failing because women are given the choice to leave and asset strip then receive government money.

There are almost no failed marriages in many Muslim countries, where the women leave with nothing and there's no welfare.

Divorce is almost all caused by government interference.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You may change your mind on that if you have a prostatectomy, and we don't get to choose if we have cancer or not.

We certainly have a choice to have surgery or not.

Free will....ain't it grand. Making that choice do you consider your PSI results, your prognosis of life expectancy or not give a damn either way?

Just now, BritManToo said:

No, marriages are failing because women are given the choice to leave and asset strip then receive government money.

There are almost no failed marriages in many Muslim countries, where the women leave with nothing and there's no welfare.

Divorce is almost all caused by government interference.

No,divorce is caused by what I've listed. Take out the money and greed, and what's left is the human equation. Everyone has the choice to stay or leave. Children look at marriage growing up. If their dad is abusive, controlling, a cheater or distant, they think that is normal. If their mom is a cheater, money hungry or looks at her husband as just money, the children, especially the daughters, think that is normal behavior, and will follow suit in their relationships. If children see both parents doing their share, handling fights and money problems rationally and without blame put on the other partner, they will think this is the way a marriage works, and their marriages will prosper, IF they pick a like minded partner. In Muslim and Japan , the man is the breadwinner usually, the woman takes care of the family and home and is subservient to her husband. When they rebel against that kind of treatment, they look to foreigners, thinking they will be treated more equally. There is nothing wrong with the traditional marriage, as long as both are ok with it, and it doesn't mean the wife is a slave. God himself looks at the man as the head of the household. When women think they can do that job, chaos erupts. Thailand itself is a feminine culture,even though the husband is the head of the household, the women are the outspoken ones, but marriages here can work out, unless the man is a cheater and the woman doesn't want any part of that. Sadly, that seems to be the norm here, and is one reason why Thai women look at foreigners as potential partners, as well as the chance of being better taken care of because of the money.

Just now, UncleMhee said:

Free will....ain't it grand. Making that choice do you consider your PSI results, your prognosis of life expectancy or not give a damn either way?

Don't give a damn, I've had my life and am ready to go.

Knew loads of people who were 'chopped' for cancer, they still all died a year or two later.

Yeah, I know there's always a few who claimed surgery saved their lives, I've always suspected false diagnosis.  

Just now, fredwiggy said:

No,divorce is caused by what I've listed. Take out the money and greed, and what's left is the human equation. Everyone has the choice to stay or leave.

Odd how in Oman where they've never included the money or greed, the women all choose to stay.

Christianity (religion of the weak meek) is not the solution, it's the problem.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Odd how in Oman where they've never included the money or greed, the women all choose to stay.

Christianity (religion of the weak) is not the solution, it's the problem.

A lot of Muslim women stay out of fear.  How is Christianity the religion of the weak? What makes a Christian weak? His belief in God? Yes, American Christian marriages have a high rate of divorce, and a lot of that is the independence of women in America, whereas in Muslim countries, the man is usually the worker, taking care of the family. The Muslim rate of employment is about the lowest in the world, which leaves them dependent on their husbands and less likely to leave also.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:19 PM, bangkokboy888 said:

awesome! where can i find a young girl with good open heart? not corrupted with age and can put her through studies? how did you find your girl? 

Soi 6........ It was her first day though....also she was cashier so never been with anyone......................................:coffee1:

• Like 1