BANGKOK
Huckenfell

Fallen value of Thai Bht

My brother in UK is coming here for a holiday in April, contacted me today asking  "Why has the exchange rate for the Bht fallen so badly since he last came 5 years ago.   What can i tell him ?

39 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Tell him to check events in the UK.

Why?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Why?

Why do you need to ask?

• Haha 1

Simple question, why can't you answer it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Simple question, why can't you answer it?

I can answer it I just cant fathom why you are so clueless.

Did you read my full post? Simple question.

You could show him these graphs of the Pound falling from 45 to 40 over the last 3 years, and the US dollar falling from 35 to 30.

You could go on to explain that the Baht has strengthened against all major currencies over the last 3 years. It isn't just the Pound that has fallen.

598530903_poundvsbaht.JPG.ba0511de67419e43761bd6c1034f8d63.JPG886447363_usdtothb.JPG.d0c910b752228b3fbf2e25bf4e34b4ff.JPG

• Like 2

It's clear that that recently the THB has strengthened due to its becoming a haven for foreigner money due to Thailand’s current account surplus, its significant foreign reserves and negligible inflation.

<<<<26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.>>>>

However, It's also clear that the idiotic manner in which Brexit has been managed (not Brexit itself) has weighed on the GBP and continues to weigh on it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50821583

Both of these factors together have made the GBP especially weak against the THB.

Edited by metisdead
Link to Bangkok Post removed.

According to countless idiot posters the. "elite" whoever the <deleted> they are. Are controlling the banks and propping the currency because they are not finished buying Rolex watches and Prada hand bags....he is going to hear it within 5 minutes of sitting in a bar anyway 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tell him the glass is half full, not half empty. If he had come a few months ago he would have only got 36 baht rather than 40.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nkg said:

You could show him these graphs of the Pound falling from 45 to 40 over the last 3 years, and the US dollar falling from 35 to 30.

You could go on to explain that the Baht has strengthened against all major currencies over the last 3 years. It isn't just the Pound that has fallen.

598530903_poundvsbaht.JPG.ba0511de67419e43761bd6c1034f8d63.JPG886447363_usdtothb.JPG.d0c910b752228b3fbf2e25bf4e34b4ff.JPG

Thanks, but why should I waste time explaining basics to pedants asking silly questions.

7 hours ago, Salerno said:

I did, but blaming it purely on Brexit is what I would call "clueless".

Did you change the nature of your query when you finally realized the answer lies with the pound in the UK rather than with the Baht?

I never mentioned Brexit, why make up <deleted> in endeavoring to look less stupid, it has the reverse effect.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Salerno said:

I did, but blaming it purely on Brexit is what I would call "clueless".

Are they having BREXIT in the USA, Australia and NZ  etc ?

• Like 1