Moving to Thailand: Will Thai Customs impose tax?

JCP108

1. With what visa, if any, and with what purpose of your trip do you plan to travel to Thailand? (There is no visa category for "move to Thailand")

2. Within what period do you plan to take this electronic equipment out of Thailand again?

3. What is the age and the value of this equipment? Do you have the relevant receipts for the purchase?

1) I have a one-year, multi-entry, non-immigrant visa based on visiting my Thai wife. I plan to later convert that to the "marriage visa."

2) I don't plan to take it back out at any particular time since (per #1) I will be staying in the country long-term.

3) All of them were purchased within the last 18 months. I can pull up purchase orders via my email. I could print those out to bring along if that might help.

Lappie and iPad should be no issue, people bring them in and out all the time, obviously don't bring them in their boxes.

A desktop may be more problematic, even so, if it looks used you probably won't have a problem (no warranty implied or inferred).

Computers "should" be zero duty so if anything is payable it would be 7% VAT, but of course TiT.