Tears and cheers as EU lawmakers give final nod to Brexit

webfact

Well, finally...that is finally the UK government can resume (dare I say) 'normal' function of what it is supposed to be doing. Perhaps the UK can get back to some kind of stability and begin building on old relationships and a few new ones too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

2017, the net contribution to the EU budget was 0.47% of the UK GDP. That's not exactly massive. And the positive impact of the 0.47% UK contribution on the UK GDP itself is multiple.

If you can calculate, it helps in many cases.

Classic "remain"! 

A statistical arguement which is meaningless if 1) you don't refer to exactly what the UK GDP is, 2) you make no comparison with the GDP or GDP% paid by other member states, 3) it makes no attempt to demonstrate or prove what the "positive impact" is, other than a vague reference to a " multiple"!

Then you end with a bit of abuse -suggesting that anyone who disagrees with you is stupid!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"It's probably the saddest day of my life so far. Brexit is something that attacks the very foundation of our identity," said Kirton-Darling, who plans to stay in Brussels with her Belgian husband.

If possible, she can even ask to no longer be British.
I am French but I regret on this one, not to be English ..
Our rulers in France have no balls;
The Europe of the "six" was certainly a beautiful thing, but it had to stay that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

If possible, she can even ask to no longer be British.
I am French but I regret on this one, not to be English ..
Our rulers in France have no balls;
The Europe of the "six" was certainly a beautiful thing, but it had to stay that way.

Maybe she is enthused by the prospect of an "Europe from the Atlantic to the Urals", looked forward to, if I recall, by one of your countrymen on this forum. An idea, which over the centuries, has sprung from various attempts at "European Unity" albeit one which has never really ended well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Cry me a river, you silly lady! And speak for yourself; it is not our identity and never was. 

My identity is British and has been for the last 75 years.

Beyond that I am English, and proud of it, and also a man of Wessex.