BANGKOK
webfact

Thai govt considering suspension of visa on arrival for visitors from China

23 minutes ago, sambum said:

"But you are right, west should act quickly and decisively and they haven't."

Wrong! British Airways was the FIRST to suspend ALL flights To and FROM China!

Too late. Should have been done in 1998.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Haha 2

Typical Thai response - shift the accountability to the Chinese to verify  their citizens are infected free - impossible given incubation period.

only answer is to ban Mainland Chinese flights into thailand for say one month and re evaluate at a later date...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snatur said:

Amazing Thailand and welcome in the Land of lies.

No flies on my back!I think they've taken the year off.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jack7106 said:

In what parallel universe do people really believe that the Chinese officialdom are giving out correct and believable numbers relating to this virus😳🤷‍♂️

They couldn't even if they wanted to, the diagnostic and health care system is swamped, I doubt they are very concerned about doing paperwork at the hospitals.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/30/asia/chinese-health-care-virus-intl-hnk/index.html

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

They couldn't even if they wanted to, the diagnostic and health care system is swamped, I doubt they are very concerned about doing paperwork at the hospitals.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/30/asia/chinese-health-care-virus-intl-hnk/index.html

Are you doubting the Glorious Communist State?! The Chinese patients are the most healthy patients in the world! 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Timwin said:

Are you doubting the Glorious Communist State?! 

Why dear Comrade, I would never!

• Haha 1

Sorry, but Anutin Charnvirakul is either totally ignorant or a complete idiot. 

• The visa issue is a matter for the foreign ministry and not on his plate. 
  • If he travels to Wuhan or not will not make a difference; having said that I suggest he starts studying the timetable of the State Railways of Thailand.
  • The evacuation of Thai citizen is not an issue for the Chinese government; many other countries got their people out already. Decision to get 'em out is a Thai thing; the Chinese would NEVER risk an international bashing over the fact, that they would not allow a rescue flight. 

Wondering if he is waiting for Santa Claus or the Virgin Mary, seriously! 

I fear the Minister of Public Health has no medical education from a university or special medical knowledge.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

True and that is also why all the people comparing this to the Flu and saying it is nothing, should sit back and think a bit.

The danger in this is not so much the amount of people that die, but the many people who need medical care and get critically ill. Many people with other deceases, will also die due to lack of treatment and ressources.

Wuhan is a clear example of what will happen, when this gets out of hand. Thailand has not yet realised this and it is already too late here. The outbreak is a reality in Thailand and MANY more infected will show up. 

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, Roy Baht said:

"Considering"? That sounds a little strong. Let's organise an action committee and hold a series of meetings.

Err let’s just think about it there saying i think in case something really bad turns sour

"Speaking at a news conference in Geneva, Dr Tedros (Adhanom Ghebreyesus) described the virus as an "unprecedented outbreak" that has been met with an "unprecedented response".

He praised the "extraordinary measures" Chinese authorities had taken, and said there was no reason to limit trade or travel to China."

And this from the chief of the WHO!!! (World Health Organisation - not the rock group!)  Am I missing something?

• Haha 1