Thai govt considering suspension of visa on arrival for visitors from China

webfact

12 minutes ago, neeray said:

I have a prediction:

Many people living in Thailand and Thai citizens have chosen to stay indoors as much as possible until this situation is under control (from what I hear).

That may cause boredom.

I predict in about 9 to 11 months from now, there will be a baby boom of both Thai/Thai and Thai/farang babies. ????

lol. you may be right.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

"Considering"? That sounds a little strong. Let's organise an action committee and hold a series of meetings.

act immediately. my suggestion is to have meetings later. follow some other country model for protection procedures.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dcnx said:

YOU CAN HAVE THE VIRUS AND NOT SHOW SYMPTOMS. 

How difficult is it for these people to understand what is going on? 

Cancel all visas. No exceptions. Or pay the price.

Close the border to China like many other countrys , cancel all flights. For Thailand it seem to be all about money. Clowns...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, smedly said:

so pass the responsibility on to China ?

how stupid is that

How about Thailand owning responsibility for its own citizens and borders 

no one can determine the risk exposure as carriers may not show symptoms during the incubation period og 14 days.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The government is considering suspending the visa on arrival facility for Chinese tourists due to the outbreak of coronavirus in Wuhan, Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul said on Thursday (January 30).

That's the Thai master plan????

Anutin is so far out of touch he's in a league of his own, health minister they call him!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Thai government has a big quandary......tourist money or Coronavirus,

which one do you think they will choose .

regards Worgeordie 

Both ;

Do you remember ?

" You had to choose between war and dishonor; you have chosen dishonor, you will have war."

Winston Churchill, 1938, in London, House of Commons, in The Official Report, House of Commons (5th Series), Hansard, 13 May 1940, vol. 360, c. 1502: To the Prime Minister then in office Neville Chamberlain, on the subject of the Munich Agreements. -

Churchill

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The government is considering suspending the visa on arrival facility for Chinese tourists due to the outbreak of coronavirus in Wuhan, Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul said on Thursday (January 30).

Suspending all of the Chinese would make more sense......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, dcnx said:

YOU CAN HAVE THE VIRUS AND NOT SHOW SYMPTOMS. 

How difficult is it for these people to understand what is going on? 

Cancel all visas. No exceptions. Or pay the price.

Did you ever try to teach a Thai anyone else would understand ? YOU CAN'T !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

A mistake that the Chinese HAVE repeated this time. When this virus was revealed in early December, China arrested the 8 doctors who reported it as spreading false news, and bringing China into disrepute. It wasn't until the cases started increasing that China reluctantly revealed it!

There is an excellent article in the New York Times on this subject. Worth reading.

And I am a Brit who doesn't usually like what the USA does. This article is very interesting.

Agree with you on that article, very revealing. Sad but true and in part, why we are where we are now and where we are heading.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, neeray said:

I read something quite to the contrary today. I can not post it here as not sure if allowed. But I will PM you the article if you wish.

By comparison to the initial denial and failure to inform even it's own medical authorities of the SARS outbreak this time the reaction has been faster. Unlike an outbreak of a known  disease such as  measles or  chicken pox which is quickly identifiable if a cluster of people present with a new strain of a virus with flu like symptoms it is inevitable that it will take time to recognize it as  such unfortunately only because it demonstrates the  ability to kill quickly without hospital/medical intervention. Information and identification obviously is initiated due to the cluster of  deaths and pathology separating it  from the background of other "normal" infections such as  seasonal influenza. If this  new  virus was not potentially lethal at all it  could exist for a  long time with  no urgent cause to identify it.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200121-sitrep-1-2019-ncov.pdf

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, yokat said:

Out of the confirmed cases in China, more than 1200 are considered to be in a critical condition (according to Thailand's own official report). The situation is serious and I hope someone understands this in the gov, this is not just a flu.

In Thailand here's what today's report states: since the beginning 44 lab tests came back negative, 14 positives, 144 still waiting for results. 27 people are currently in isolation rooms.

Not just a flu, over 50,000 americans have contacted the flu so far this year and over 800 have died ehat you are thinking the flu no big deal

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1