BANGKOK
webfact

Thai govt considering suspension of visa on arrival for visitors from China

"Thailand is the country with the second most number of infected patients, totalling 14."

Yay, go Team Prayut, Thailand number 1! Or number 2 at least!  

93896948-emoji-holding-thai-flag-emoticon-waving-national-flag-of-thailand-3d-rendering.jpg.23becd3c94b13c838e76859c57f77c11.jpg

Edited by Guderian

No I think Thailand should welcome all Chinese tourists and especially sick ones as we are the "Health and medical Hub" Just imagine how much money the hospitals & government could make... money, money, money.... that's what its all about isn't it? 

Edited by JohnHans
added words
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Stop the flights completely. Nothing to add to that, it's simple.

Many Chinese visit Thailand by road. I doubt that the border police would have the necessary information, testing units, and facilities to prevent them entering. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Just put a block on travel to and from China for now. Better to err on the side of caution.

Finally, some good news. 

Not if he comes back............. with the virus. will he stay in Isolation when he returns.

• Like 1

Typical small-minded thinking by the Thai authorities. This is the perfect opportunity to get a total strangle hold on Chinese tourists. They should be giving Chinese special 2 for 1 deals!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Apparently the Mayor or Wuhan knew and wanted to disclose the information sooner, but he had to ask for permission from Beijing first which caused an unnecessary and dangerous delay. 

That’s exactly as I heard it too. Saving face doesn’t work for long, now they have egg all over it and people are sick and dying because of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

Considering, WHAT!! Past time these dopey sods woke up, and put a stop to visitors from China, until this virus is brought under control.

Oh stupid me, the country will lose money, and that cannot be allowed to happen.

So what if a few die just collateral damage........ Pathetic situation.

yes this is the same as a Thia soldier down south totally expendable

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2