BANGKOK
webfact

Thai govt considering suspension of visa on arrival for visitors from China

The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak sparked by the coronavirus in China as a global emergency today!

Edited by Tchooptip
  • Thanks 1

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul insisted that only about 20,000 Chinese from Wuhan city had entered Thailand during the period. That's a lot of possible carriers walking around the country. For the govt. to state that only 14 have shown symptoms is total BS....  

Just now, Forza2002 said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul insisted that only about 20,000 Chinese from Wuhan city had entered Thailand during the period. That's a lot of possible carriers walking around the country. For the govt. to state that only 14 have shown symptoms is total BS....  

ONLY 20,000 ??? and while in Thailand with how many people they interacted.... the numbers can grow extremely fast

• Haha 1

While at it, add to the visa requirements that Chinese must stay under quarantine for two weeks at swampy before allowed to enter. That should do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

While at it, add to the visa requirements that Chinese must stay under quarantine for two weeks at swampy before allowed to enter. That should do it.

one problem here, typical Chinese tourists only stay 2-3 days 555

• Haha 1

If they come from a shut down area in chins where will they apply for a visa?

Or if the Thai embassy/consulate is closed, where then?

Edited by overherebc

A serious question: I normally get 6 to 10 parcels a month from Aliexpress sellers. Should I be using bleach to clean the packages and contents when I  open from now on? 

Edited by Grumpy John
Smeling
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Grumpy John said:

A serious question: I normally get 6 to 10 parcels a month from Aliexpress sellers. Should I be using bleach to clean the packages and contents when I  open from now on? 

Very unlikely anything would survive on the surfaces. Won't hurt of course, who knows what other hazardous chemicals Chinese product are covered with.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

they should do this regardless of the coronavirus, if they want to save their tourism industry longterm 

A whole province in Vietnam has stopped Chinese tourists . TRUE

• Confused 1