Bonfire awaits 59,000 pieces of fake goods

webfact

By The Nation

800_9c6579162fca6b3.jpg?v=1580370236

Copyright owners and consumer protection groups were invited to witness the delivery on Thursday (January 30) of a mountain of seized fake goods to the private firm that will destroy them.

The Aranyaprathet Customs House in Sa Kaeo province handed over clothing, bags, shoes and blankets deemed in violation of intellectual property laws to Thai Asia 14001 Co Ltd. 

There were 58,839 items worth a combined Bt14 million among the 142 shipments seized at the eastern border.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381304

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-30

12 minutes ago, Medicine Man said:

So burn them creating an environmental issue rather than donate to a needy cause like hill tribe villagers or similar. More crazy logic...

Western countries are no different on this one ...

Fake goods are destroyed world wide.

Incineration is the preferred method.

An appropriate company with appropriate safeguards on their incinerator is the appropriate way to go.

I know not if this company has these safeguards, but I expect they do, and I also suggest no one here knows otherwise.

4 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

An appropriate company with appropriate safeguards on their incinerator is the appropriate way to go.

I know not if this company has these safeguards, but I expect they do, and I also suggest no one here knows otherwise.

7,000 fake Rolex watches crushed with steamroller
US authorities stage demonstration to warn off counterfeiters.
US authorities crushed 7,000 fake Rolex watches with a steamroller in Philadelphia this week.
fakes-watches-steamroller.jpg

Continued https://www.professionaljeweller.com/7000-fake-rolex-watches-crushed-with-steamroller/

500_F_149520500_rZ8OTrQIgbnLD9O5vCUSCG6z

A steamroller squashes illegally-made Garfield dolls and other counterfeit goods seized by Thai authorities during a destruction ceremony in Bangkok

https://stock.adobe.com/ee/editorial/a-steamroller-squashes-illegally-made-garfield-dolls-and-other-counterfeit-goods-seized-by-thai-auth/149520500

Edited by katana

Oh look at the "low rent" tourists with LV luggage at the airport, you know there is no way they would have gained admittance to the LV shop.

Customs should spend a day or two at check-in confiscating the goods

On 1/30/2020 at 3:41 PM, webfact said:

By The Nation

If they want to get all the fake goods that they are trying to sell in LOS there won't be to many shops and markets operating, Thailand will go Broke ,  ????

9 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Of course, it is always possible that the photo which is attached to the story below is not actually "real" ----->

• Thanks 1