Black magic in Thailand

Kenny202

Cleaning out my safe the other day and came across a plastic bag full of what I am led to believe is a black magic spell. 

Contained a lock of hair woven into a circle shape, a tooth, assortment of medals and cards from a temple..... and the creepiest little figurine, like a brass thing with a gargoyle riding a cock. My Mrs freaked right out when she saw it. All of her relatives told her it was very bad.

The back story to this was I split up with a psycho ex around 3 years ago. Had been with her 7 years and we had a child together. Total nutter but she read futures and although I am not a believer in this stuff, I saw first hand she had an uncanny sixth sense. She was always talking about black magic. She was Isaan by the way not Khmer. Anyway, we had a child together. Things with her mental state got worse, she was getting more uncontrollable and violent and I simply couldn't hack it anymore. She actually packed all of her stuff and left of her own will and of course wanted to come back the next day but I took the opportunity and simply kept the gate locked and didn't let her in again. I did, and continue to take care of our son. Anyway, after she had gone madness ensued for 3 months. My house was practically under siege day and night with her out the front screaming and trying to kick the gate in. This all culminated in her breaking into my house and me getting the police involved to remove her. Was one of the only times I ever left the bloody safe open in 5 years of being here and surprisingly as usual she seemed to know. She didn't really take anything of any value, not that I have discovered yet anyway but did take documents etc from my safe, and I am guessing it was at this time she left me this little gift.

My current girlfriend was imploring me to take the kit and myself to the temple to have everything undone whatever that was but I laughed it off and threw everything in the rubbish. Strangely the next day myself and my son fell violently ill, stomach virus of some sort but severe. No one else in the house go it. My girl said it was the bad being purged out of me or some such. Anyone else had any experience with that sort of stuff here? I know they take it very seriously in fact I think there are laws against it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

My Mrs freaked right out when she saw it.

25 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

My current girlfriend was imploring me

Is this the same person or you got two on the go? Whatever, they both sound as batty as the original 'nutter' believing this stuff, but the nonsense still goes around in the sticks even today. I got dragged out to a rubber farm once at 3am with a monk from a temple who had given up and led this 'possessed' girl I knew to a witch doctor instead.

10 minutes ago, puchooay said:

My wife is from Isaan and is Khmer. 

?????

Whats with the question mark? I think u know what I mean. Isaan is an area, people usually Laos descent and Bhudist. Khmer is a religion / culture and yes Khmer people are found in South Eastern Isaan

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Whats with the question mark? I think u know what I mean. Isaan is an area, people usually Laos descent and Bhudist. Khmer is a religion / culture and yes Khmer people are found in South Eastern Isaan

Khmer is not a religion. Issan people are not "usually" of Laos decent. There are many cultures in Issan. I posted question marks as your post was differentiating between Issan and Khmer. There is no difference. Now, if you were to say "Laos"or even "Issan Laos" that would be more accurate. All people who are from the north east of Thailand are referred to as Issan people. Not just those with Lao heritage.

• Like 2

Back in the early 80's, my young, pretty and hugely insecure ex-wife who was from Laos, had more emotional baggage than a regular airline business class allowance could handle. She got heavily into this Khmer black monk stuff as well as the Japanese mumbo jumbo but after too many unpleasant 'surprises', we parted and eventually divorced. It wasn't until several years later that my friends girlfriend was going through a bunch of stuff that I had given to him years earlier as I was folding my conjugal Thai tent and he was just pitching his. This included furniture and housewares that I was only too glad to quickly offload after my ex- and I had separated and this included bed linens and pillows that he needed to get his new, happy home furnished quickly and cheaply.

She was stripping the old pillows when she came across small, neatly folded paper satchels that had the typical Thai squiggly yoni stuff that only a monk can create on the outside. Inside they contained what is assumed now to be a locks of my hair, bits of cloth or string, some gritty powder, maybe ashes of some sort and a note saying basically that as long as my head rested on these pillows, I would not dream about any other women. My friends girlfriend was visibly shocked and when she mentioned it to her maebahn, they both agreed that these were very bad, black magic, my ex- was evil (but I knew this already). They had no immediate idea about what to do with these magical packages except NOT to simply throw them away. Apparently the pillows and pillowcases cases were burned a few days later but I have no idea about how they eventually dealt with these small, evil 'gifts' that my ex- had secreted.

BTW, the bad, black magic that they invoked was pretty rubbish.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

Mostly Thai or Lao but not Khmer.

As @puchooay has already enlarged on, there's a significant Thai demographic in the lower southeast bit of Isaan that has distinctly Khmer influenced language, culture and beliefs. The geographical claim that Isaan and dark-skinned Lao speakers are all in the Thai 'northeast' is a flawed, Bangkok-centric generalization. Isaan starts a lot closer to Bangkok and a bit further south than Korat, extending east with a common east-west running border with Cambodia.

PS: Buriram girls ARE different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

correct, for the Thai family it is a very serious issue and you shouldn't mock their concerns, you should have done as she said and taken it to the temple, it's no skin off your nose, just the same hocus pocus as in the christian rituals only the Thais take their rituals seriously.

Exactly, I would have gone to the Temple immediately.

• Like 1

Listen carefully and do exactly as suggested.

If you are a foreigner not of the Buddhist faith:

Go to a remote site, dig a small hole in the shade of a large tree not close to a house, and preferably near natural running water. empty the contents of the bag into the hole and fill it in. Do not bury the bag with the contents, take the bag home and put it in the bin.

If you are a Thai or if you are a Buddhist:

I can't help you.

Good luck.

• Confused 1

On 1/31/2020 at 6:01 PM, JWRC said:

Exactly, I would have gone to the Temple immediately.

Better off staying away from the Temples. They are responsible for a goodly part of the so-called 'black magic'.

How do I know? I just do, but it's up to you to do what you think is best.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 5:37 PM, NanLaew said:

Back in the early 80's, my young, pretty and hugely insecure ex-wife who was from Laos, had more emotional baggage than a regular airline business class allowance could handle. She got heavily into this Khmer black monk stuff as well as the Japanese mumbo jumbo but after too many unpleasant 'surprises', we parted and eventually divorced. It wasn't until several years later that my friends girlfriend was going through a bunch of stuff that I had given to him years earlier as I was folding my conjugal Thai tent and he was just pitching his. This included furniture and housewares that I was only too glad to quickly offload after my ex- and I had separated and this included bed linens and pillows that he needed to get his new, happy home furnished quickly and cheaply.

She was stripping the old pillows when she came across small, neatly folded paper satchels that had the typical Thai squiggly yoni stuff that only a monk can create on the outside. Inside they contained what is assumed now to be a locks of my hair, bits of cloth or string, some gritty powder, maybe ashes of some sort and a note saying basically that as long as my head rested on these pillows, I would not dream about any other women. My friends girlfriend was visibly shocked and when she mentioned it to her maebahn, they both agreed that these were very bad, black magic, my ex- was evil (but I knew this already). They had no immediate idea about what to do with these magical packages except NOT to simply throw them away. Apparently the pillows and pillowcases cases were burned a few days later but I have no idea about how they eventually dealt with these small, evil 'gifts' that my ex- had secreted.

BTW, the bad, black magic that they invoked was pretty rubbish.

Probaby.

The 'Black Magic' that Thais or other Buddhists use is the same as everything else Thai or Buddhist. Why would it be otherwise?

On 1/31/2020 at 3:12 PM, timendres said:

Spot on.

Not really, Thais do what they always do, they pay lip service to anything they think might be able to hurt them if they don't, though most are deeply superstitious. It's one of the reasons they're in the state they're in.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

You can be both... most of what you described is rather common stuff... but how did it get in your safe?

If you read my OP, after we split up and she left, she broke into my house. Was I think the only time in 5 years I went out and left my safe open. Uncanny how she seemed to know that

On 1/30/2020 at 9:53 PM, BritManToo said:

I don't want to be the one to say this, but in all probability your current gf put something in your food.

Punishment poisoning is very common with Issan ladies, I've had it done to me by a lovely lady from Korat.

I pooped and vomited for a day, then everything was good.

I was thinking of marrying her until that happened.

I was thinking the same......

• Haha 1