Goodbye Chrome

SoonOh

15 hours ago, hereforgood said:

Opera on Desktop Laptop Android Mobile Phone and Tablet all Sync with each device works great for me. 

I use Chrome partly for that reason (synching) on the same range of devices and because Chrome, being Google, interacts well with Android.

Do you find Opera syncs better than Chrome, then?

My experience with early versions of Opera was not positive and I haven't tried it since.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

Windows 7 user, with Windows Edge (it is great), was on I.E.11 and a small amount on Google Chrome as did not like that, but had to, due to the fact that True could not show me "logged in" with I.E.11.

Win ????

My phone is Android and my tablet, when my laptop died I replaced it with a cheap Chromebook but I almost never use it.Use a Chromecast audio connected to my amp for Spotify and radio.

I'm ok with it but then I don't have any use nowadays for lots of different passwords for general use I use one password and it's a good one.

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

That is not really a good idea as all it would take is one account password being found and they would have access to everything.  As good as the password may be will not help if any account becomes compromised (and that happens all too often if the real world).  

I know, the important ones banking etc have totally different ones.Its a good one though and not in English and contains capitals,numbers and symbols.

1 hour ago, JusticeGB said:

Windows 7 doesn't get as many hackers now as so many people have changed their systems. Windows 7 is stable and I have some programs that can't run on windows 10.

Just FYI....you can probably run your Win 7 programs on Win 10 in compatibility mode

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/run-old-software-windows-10-compatibility-mode/ 

9 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

For those not aware the new Windows Edge (Version 79.0.309.71) is Chrome based and works great with easy conversion from Chrome.

To be technical, the new Windows Edge is Chromium based.  Both Edge and Chrome are Chromium-based browsers, as are several others.  I use Comodo Dragon, another Chromium-based browser.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:10 AM, SoonOh said:

I just lost all settings, extensions and bookmarks. I uninstalled Chrome for the last time. I will not download it again. .

Yes, I use Fiefox, Firefox Focus, Opera and Brave+DuckDuckGo

How about you?

Don't you not sync your Google Chrome account? All your settings and bookmarks would be saved on the cloud and instantly available. 

• Like 1