Video: Scramble for lottery tickets as King Cobra found under vehicle

webfact

Video: Scramble for lottery tickets as King Cobra found under vehicle

6pm_VI.jpg

It appeared near lottery day!

Locals are scrambling for lottery tickets after a five meter, 15 kilogram King Cobra was found hiding under a forestry department official's vehicle in a garage in Trang. 

Sarot Lookmanee got a shock after he happened to look there by chance.

Now the locals in Ban Ao Tong are desperate to get the number of the licence plate for the national lottery draw coming up. 

It was clear as day: 2948. 

Thaivisa notes that the appearance of snakes are often seen as fine omens for lottery wins. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-31

You can laugh, this happened to me fifteen times in five years living in Saraphi, Chiang Mai, between 2008-2013. Our dog alerted each time to activity in the carport, under the pickup truck. First one was a common cobra, the next two were Malayan pit-vipers, - the Chinese call them the "seven steps snake", as that is about all you will take, before you drop dead ! Rest mostly common cobras, plus one 'spitter'. Nasty things. Klong out front was the culprit. Lots of frogs, their main food source. All were despatched by me, but nothing changes. We left Thailand permanently in 2013 after I got throat cancer from breathing the "air" in CM. After 3 months radiation (and hopefully cured), we established a small farm in Oz. We 'spell' racehorses and the missus grows Thai fruit and veg. Two weeks ago, picking coriander (paak chi) she yells out (in English, now good after 7 years in Oz) 'xxxxing snake'.  Me 'did it bite you' - her - 'I'm not xxxxdy stupid mate', - and then "go and get the camera, so we can show mum in C Mai" ! It was a king brown, well over twelve feet, or nearly 3.5 metres long. Quite majestic really. Just wish I knew how to put the photo on here. She's a keeper my missus - she was a locksmith in Thailand. Our 10 y.o. daughter loves horses, but hates snakes - horses don't like 'em much either - and, it is illegal to kill snakes in NSW Oz ! 

Snakes are territorial. If you kill one another will move in especially if there is a good supply of food. The klong with its mice, rats and fish.

Hence the reason so many snakes came into the garage over the years.

As for the Eastern Brown, they rarely bite humans unless cornered or threatened. The snake does not preceive us as food so does not waste venom.

The Chinese are now finding out it is better to leave snakes alone. Eating snakes that have eaten bats has caused this pandemic to start. Good news for wildlife is that the Chinese authorities have closed all wild animal markets.

The green tree snake in Thailand eats bats and I witnessed this myself in Sattahip. The palm trees are full of bats and palm swifts, or in other words snake food.