Fake stores selling on Lazada

geoffphuket

Just a 'heads up' to be aware of fake stores selling on Lazada. In particular, smartphones, cameras and TV's are common products to be found listed. The giveaway is that they (the stores) have zero sales, ludicrously low prices, and ask potential customers to contact them via LINE or email to purchase. Here is just on example: https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/shippits111/?spm=a2o4m.pdp.seller.1.2f2a1ff9qb6b3n&itemId=709524204&channelSource=pdp

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Perhaps they are just new sellers?  New businesses start up all the time.

Some of them are months old, without a single sale. As I said, the ludicrously low prices are the giveaway, and anyone enquiring is asked to purchase from a LINE or email link. 

There was a Samsung vendor a couple months ago that was bogus. Half retail prices and contact via Line.

Ripped me off for 6000 baht. Russian and Thai accomplice . Complained to Lazada who wanted the details but nothing came of it. My own fault really as I shouldn't have fell for the contact on "Line"

I hope they rot in hell.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

There was a Samsung vendor a couple months ago that was bogus. Half retail prices and contact via Line.

Ripped me off for 6000 baht. Russian and Thai accomplice . Complained to Lazada who wanted the details but nothing came of it. My own fault really as I shouldn't have fell for the contact on "Line"

I hope they rot in hell.

Exactly what I'm talking about! Instead of the issue being nailed, there are now countless stores doing precisely the same thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Lazada warns you not to do business off the platform. If you purchase off the platform you are wide open to issues.

Indeed they do, but it doesn't stop people following up their offers. A fool and his money, as the saying goes. 

1 minute ago, AussieBob18 said:

Try eBay Thailand (eBay.co.th) - they are a lot more rigorous than Lazada in managing its online shops.

They dont have the same amount of cheap Chinese stuff - but they do well enough.

Amazon a bit better too - but they dont have a Thailand 'branch' (last I checked).

Shoppee is the only real alternative to ebay in Thailand. Amazon is for the US and Europe, and buying from an unknown seller on ebay is risky - As I've learn't to my cost, TWICE!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geoffphuket said:

Shoppee is the only real alternative to ebay in Thailand. Amazon is for the US and Europe, and buying from an unknown seller on ebay is risky - As I've learn't to my cost, TWICE!  

AliExpress is best i think, I've bought lots of things, recently 3 didn't arrive and was given a refund by AliExpress. Anyone get a refund from Lazada?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

AliExpress is best i think, I've bought lots of things, recently 3 didn't arrive and was given a refund by AliExpress. Anyone get a refund from Lazada?

Yes, several times for faulty goods or wrong size. Refund goes into my Wallet.

• Like 1

It really seems like you like the streets of your deserted cities with no trade.
This is what will happen soon if you continue like this.

Don't buy anything on the internet;

keep the merchants of your streets alive
even if it's more expensive than at Amazon or Lazada ...

If I want to buy a camera or a smartphone; actually not a smartphone, I don't have one and I don't want one;

So a camera, it is imperative that I take it in hand to know if it will suit me ..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

It is of course doable; but I prefer human contact.
and then if I have a problem, it will be easier to solve than by internet.

I understand what you mean and there was a little bit of sarcasm in my words. But I think the development can't be stopped. Thailand has weak consumer laws but in many other countries you simply send the things back if you don't like them. In the worst case you will have to pay a re-stocking fee. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Also rechargeable batteries, USB memory sticks and after shave.

I love the:

"SAMSUNG USB 3.0 compatiple" 2 TB(!) memory stick for 179 Baht.

If only all fakes were that obvious.

(the only monstrous 2 TB stick produced cost about 600 to 800 Dollar).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Some people deserve to be scammed. If the correct price for an SD card is say 1000 baht and you see some chinese seller offering it for 200 baht then it's obviously a scam.

The scandal is that Lazada allows people doing such scams in the end with the help of Lazada. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Try eBay Thailand (eBay.co.th) - they are a lot more rigorous than Lazada in managing its online shops.

They dont have the same amount of cheap Chinese stuff - but they do well enough.

Amazon a bit better too - but they dont have a Thailand 'branch' (last I checked).

I doubt they're more rigorous.  When you buy something on Lazada, you pay your money to Lazada.  They hold the funds until the seller provides proof that the goods were delivered.  Even then, they hold the funds for up to 2 more weeks to give the buyer time to file a complaint.  In effect, Lazada acts as an escrow agent.

If the OP got scammed as he described, it was a store on Lazada conning him into doing business outside of their system.  Capitalizing on greed, like most cons.

I don't know about EBay.th, but on EBay in the USA, you pay the vendor directly.  There are consumer protections, but people get scammed all the time.  

In over a hundred transactions on Lazada, I never got scammed.  I got a couple of refunds, and few replacements for defective products.  But never scammed.

AliExpress is good, but I once had a delivery that came a month late, though the tracking system said it was delivered.  In that month, in order to get a refund, I had to prove that I had not received the package.  Which, of course, is impossible.  I dropped the claim when the goods finally showed up a month after the tracking system said they were delivered.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

and what if someone paid by bank transfer ? will lazada refund if goods are never delivered ?

no one should pay by bank transfer surely

Before I got enough confidence in Lazada to give them my debit card info, I paid them by bank transfer for over a dozen transactions.  Never had an issue.  Didn't expect any for reasons I detailed in my previous post.  

BTW, my first 2 Lazada transactions were COD.  But I got tired of waiting around the house to pay the delivery guy.  Not to mention making sure I had a bunch of cash at all times.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1