Fake stores selling on Lazada

geoffphuket

20 hours ago, impulse said:

I doubt they're more rigorous.  When you buy something on Lazada, you pay your money to Lazada.  They hold the funds until the seller provides proof that the goods were delivered.  Even then, they hold the funds for up to 2 more weeks to give the buyer time to file a complaint.  In effect, Lazada acts as an escrow agent.

If the OP got scammed as he described, it was a store on Lazada conning him into doing business outside of their system.  Capitalizing on greed, like most cons.

I don't know about EBay.th, but on EBay in the USA, you pay the vendor directly.  There are consumer protections, but people get scammed all the time.  

In over a hundred transactions on Lazada, I never got scammed.  I got a couple of refunds, and few replacements for defective products.  But never scammed.

AliExpress is good, but I once had a delivery that came a month late, though the tracking system said it was delivered.  In that month, in order to get a refund, I had to prove that I had not received the package.  Which, of course, is impossible.  I dropped the claim when the goods finally showed up a month after the tracking system said they were delivered.

Thanks for the clarifications - I was not aware that Lazada did that regarding payments.  But my point about sellers being more rigorously verified by EBay remains - Lazada lets just about anyone become a seller. But I guess that is why they dont pay the seller until confirmation from buyer/  Noted about AliExpress - I used them a couple of times and was not impressed too.

9 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Noted about AliExpress - I used them a couple of times and was not impressed too.

AliExpress has lower prices 99% of the time, but much longer delivery, usually 1 month, can be 2 weeks or occasionally never turn up and you have to wait 60+ days for a refund

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 12:49 PM, scubascuba3 said:

AliExpress is best i think, I've bought lots of things, recently 3 didn't arrive and was given a refund by AliExpress. Anyone get a refund from Lazada?

Yep, several times. The problem is that you get credited to your wallet and foreigners can't use the wallet for buying, you must transfer monies back to your bank account. I avoid as must as possible the Chinese suppliers on Lazada as  they often sell total junk, but the local Thais show good ethics in general.

I just got scammed on there for the first time ever. I bought a SanDisk 128GB USB3 stick:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sandi-cz73-usb-128gb-pendrive-usb-i521470432-s928412093.html

I tested it by copying the complete series of Star Trek TNG (98GB) plus I already had about 2GB on there. Only the first 28GB of files were playable so I suspect it's a 32GB drive. Plus, from the average transfer speed (7MB/s), I suspect it's USB2 as well.

Then I did a quick test with 'FakeFlashDrive' which reported only 7GB useable. Doing a full test now but I don't hold out much hope.

Also checked in 'device manager' which reports the drive as 'VendorCo ProductCode USB Device'. This is a quick way to test a drive in a shop...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

I just got scammed on there for the first time ever. I bought a SanDisk 128GB USB3 stick:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sandi-cz73-usb-128gb-pendrive-usb-i521470432-s928412093.html

I tested it by copying the complete series of Star Trek TNG (98GB) plus I already had about 2GB on there. Only the first 28GB of files were playable so I suspect it's a 32GB drive. Plus, from the average transfer speed (7MB/s), I suspect it's USB2 as well.

Then I did a quick test with 'FakeFlashDrive' which reported only 7GB useable. Doing a full test now but I don't hold out much hope.

Also checked in 'device manager' which reports the drive as 'VendorCo ProductCode USB Device'. This is a quick way to test a drive in a shop...

I had the same on eBay. Got my money back immediately and could keep the fake. On eBbay I always got my refund if anything was wrong. I received my money immediately and without long discussions - always. Things arrived broken, things never arrived, things arrived too late, fakes, whatever. 

On 2/2/2020 at 9:01 AM, impulse said:

In over a hundred transactions on Lazada, I never got scammed.  I got a couple of refunds, and few replacements for defective products.  But never scammed.

Only idiots get scammed on Lazada or elsewhere, like those that think that they can buy a 128 Gb usb drive for 293 Baht.

image.png.898328a87248c589b9937274eae81312.png

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 2/1/2020 at 9:29 AM, geoffphuket said:

Just a 'heads up' to be aware of fake stores selling on Lazada. In particular, smartphones, cameras and TV's are common products to be found listed. The giveaway is that they (the stores) have zero sales, ludicrously low prices, and ask potential customers to contact them via LINE or email to purchase. Here is just on example: https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/shippits111/?spm=a2o4m.pdp.seller.1.2f2a1ff9qb6b3n&itemId=709524204&channelSource=pdp

Good warning... Lazada now has quite a few pitfalls including scammers! We should undoubtably stay on the buying platform... that is an absolute MUST! You do need to watch out for the enormous amount of 'dropshippers' too though... they will lie blatantly about shipping times... clearly breaking Lazada's 'shipping' time quotes even within the buying platform... this one is definitely to be avoided... https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/coolbar/?spm=a2o4m.pdp_revamp.seller.1.392379b5tLuQSi&itemId=1895606970&channelSource=pdp

Alibaba now has a recent controlling 54% stake in Lazada... seems to have become a much more 'risky business' website since they took over last year... what a surprise!

AliExpress is best i think, I've bought lots of things, recently 3 didn't arrive and was given a refund by AliExpress. Anyone get a refund from Lazada?

yes 3 times. no problem at all

use Lazada all the time. 

Ps  Just noticed it's a year old thread.

Edited by quake

Always and twice told can keep the product, last week free tin of paint when wrong colour sent.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:05 AM, impulse said:

Not to mention making sure I had a bunch of cash at all times.

You only need the 'bunch of cash', which you should know exactly how much, on the day the delivery is arriving.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:43 PM, Beggar said:

It is in the meantime impossible for not Thais to have a wallet. 

Once I needed to get a refund from Lazada the chat support insisted on creating a "Lazada Wallet" which required installing an Lazada app & sending my passport scans & address proofs & whatever else. In turn, I insisted that I won't register any bs wallet and want the refund money sent to the same bank account they've received the money from. Then support answered that they will just issue a discount voucher for the amount of refund and I agreed.

So if you'll ever need a refund and don't want to install any bs then just directly ask for a discount voucher as the refund.

Several times, no trouble at all.

Gas hob, arrived broken, bike bag I ordered black, they sent pink, solar panels, paid in advance but they never arrived.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You only need the 'bunch of cash', which you should know exactly how much, on the day the delivery is arriving.

You can pay the delivery guy by bank transfer on your phone banking app, at the gate.

no need to have cash.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 9:01 AM, Beggar said:

The scandal is that Lazada allows people doing such scams in the end with the help of Lazada. 

Yes, I complained to Lazada about a fake flash drive, but they said it was more than 7-days since delivery so would not refund. They also said they carefully check sellers to make sure no fakes are sold. I could give them examples right now but it would be a waste of time.

On 2/2/2021 at 3:08 PM, lopburi3 said:

I use bank transfer almost daily with Shopee and never an issue - refunds are made within a few days directly to my bank account.  But my orders are not high ticket - about 6k max for one item this year.

Lazada stopped using bank transfers years ago for Bangkok Bank so have to use a CC but no issues as refunds are fast - but have only received for items that could not be sent.

For me it is the high price sellers that make Lazada a mess as some will sign on with dozens of names and an item 3 times normal price in hope someone will buy first seen and not check other sellers.  You get a whole page with the same high price so seems legit.

Lazada is set up now for Bangkok Bank, actually for quite some time.

1 hour ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

Yes, I complained to Lazada about a fake flash drive, but they said it was more than 7-days since delivery so would not refund. They also said they carefully check sellers to make sure no fakes are sold. I could give them examples right now but it would be a waste of time.

These companies need to be held responsible. In the end they help such fraudsters to do their criminal activities and these companies even earn money by doing this. It is time that something is done by governments. If I do the same I will end up in jail. 

On 2/1/2020 at 2:43 AM, KhunBENQ said:

I love the:

"SAMSUNG USB 3.0 compatiple" 2 TB(!) memory stick for 179 Baht.

If only all fakes were that obvious.

(the only monstrous 2 TB stick produced cost about 600 to 800 Dollar).

Must be Thai Bytes - small bytes. 

12 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Lazada is set up now for Bangkok Bank, actually for quite some time.

From my read only for ATM or (maybe) M/banking.  I would be using I/banking (internet) and that used to be an option until mid 2018 and can still use it on Shopee.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought something a couple weeks ago, wrong colour turned up, the shady seller ended the listing so my 1* review wouldn't be important. It was actually a seller with a lot of history just decided he'd send me the wrong colour to get rid of stock I guess. No response for refund. I decided to keep it in the end which is probably what he was betting on