Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Brexit at last: Britain leaves the EU as champagne corks fly

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Umm, the British don't have an empire anymore.

 

Not that shooting natives holding spears with Gatling guns is any kind of achievement.

 

I do agree with the previous poster, the economic miracle of Germany is far more impressive than violent theft from unarmed natives.

 

 

Germany narrowly avoids recession despite trade war hit

The country's economy grew by 0.1% in the third quarter of the year after contracting in the previous three months.

The value of total German exports - including services - is about 47% of the country's whole economy, its gross domestic product or GDP.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50419127

 

If I remember correctly it was Germany that invented the word dieselgate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, izod10 said:

Any comments?  thought not

    Anyway Land of Hope and Glory  sung in absolute unity....yes pity Eire,just a rotting carcass pulled out of a bag of turds, England's finest blockading them off,..the other dross north of the border kicked up the <deleted>,  Christ that Sturgeon woman what an ugly bag,and poor Alex facing a ten year stretch...

 

    Ready Ready  GO.......LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

 What has the Belgian Congo got to do with your pathetic attempt to claim Brexit was responsible for The Maldives readmission to the Commonwealth?

 

You were the one who introduced the Belgian Empire in general and Congo in particular to this topic, were you not?

No idea!   Was this something to do with General Dada  Amin?

  Anyway better than good news for you,yes it does get better exceedingly so..

   3.6 million  dross about to be kicked out of the UK,  but here is the best bit, public funding to launch appeals has dried up,no money,no appeals,no right to stay,no housing,no food banks,no hand outs    'bye 'bye folks,nice (not) to have known you

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, elliss said:

 

     Was Prince Andrew there  ...

 

What a strange question.........🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Logosone said:

A fitting metaphor, the Maldives, for the not-so-great Britain. An island that risks to go under.

 

Exactly the same fate awaits not-so-great Britain. Your economy is massively in debt, against all your efforts your manufacturing output has over the last 30 years been reduced by two thirds, Italy and India produce more than the UK now.

 

And you have a Prime Minister who announces to the world proudly that economics takes a back seat to utterly childish Union Jack waving.

 

What could go wrong? 😉

But but but obv you are irash  ,backed up by the skirt wearing dross north of the border

  full of philosophy ,blabber too,still good to immortalise.

    Yes proudly waving the Union Jacks,very proud indeed.   you will be joining the potato famine herd sooner than later ,you will have no right of abode in the UK,as johnny states  'keep walkin'"

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gearbox said:

The UK manufacturing (and others) declined due to the rising East Asian economic powerhouses. Japan, Korea, Taiwan, now China and later Vietnam. This process is going to accelerate further as the huge domestic market gives the Chinese big advantages to build more homegrown multinationals.

 

However in 15-20 years the manufacturing may be coming back if the Chinese start making t-shirts and plastic toys in UK 😂

 

It was certainly one of the contributing factors, however, why then did this not lead to Germany losing all its manufacturing? Or Italy, which now outproduces the UK?

 

The UK had a number of internal political political errors, others have not made, as one can read in this Guardian piece.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/nov/16/why-britain-doesnt-make-things-manufacturing

 

As for the Chinese, yes all the signs now point to a new Chinese century but then that's what they said about Japan back in the 80s, that the Japanese would take over everything. They didn't. Yes the Chinese are a large market. But even the Japanese can't match the real French baguette or a Porsche or Mercedes or Jamon Serrano. So I think there will always be a place for quality European products.

 

It's a large pie. We can all live and have a slice, it does not have to be all one nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, transam said:

What a strange question.........🤔

From a strange source. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Logosone said:

 

It was certainly one of the contributing factors, however, why then did this not lead to Germany losing all its manufacturing? Or Italy, which now outproduces the UK?

 

The UK had a number of internal political political errors, others have not made, as one can read in this Guardian piece.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/nov/16/why-britain-doesnt-make-things-manufacturing

 

As for the Chinese, yes all the signs now point to a new Chinese century but then that's what they said about Japan back in the 80s, that the Japanese would take over everything. They didn't. Yes the Chinese are a large market. But even the Japanese can't match the real French baguette or a Porsche or Mercedes or Jamon Serrano. So I think there will always be a place for quality European products.

 

It's a large pie. We can all live and have a slice, it does not have to be all one nation.

Jamon Serrano? Same one as played a few roles The Saint

Edited by nauseus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 2:29 AM, Logosone said:

Just out of curiosity, may I ask why you think it is best for Britain to exit the EU?

 

No, the UK is not the no.6 largest manufacturer in the world, it keeps sliding and is now just about in 8th place, but the key thing is that you are falling. You were higher up, but you are on the decline, your place on the manufacturing league table is falling. Looking at the figures it doesn't take a genius to see what will happen. India has already overtaken you. Yes, India, a largely agrarian nation, now outproduces you in industrial output. ITALY outproduces the UK, for God's sakes, the Italians now produce more than you do!

 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/456342/realtive-comparison-of-value-added-in-manufacturing-of-leading-countries/

 

Looking at the figures it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Indonesia and Mexico will soon overtake you. Just like Italy and India did already.

 

In 2011, household, financial, and business debts stood at 420% of GDP in the UK.  As the world's most indebted country, spending and investment were held back after the recession, creating economic malaise. That has NOTHING, but NOTHING to do with the EU, but only with your own underlying issues.

 

There are pros + cons of staying in the EU / Leaving and I considered both, coming to the conclusion overall that Brexit would be best.

Of course, it would be with risks, but I really dislike the way the EU is heading.

 

I believe Statistica.com is a german website, I would rather use Eurostat which is the official european stat office which individual countries (ONS in UK case) feeds into.

 

Here's a potential Brexit Boost from Nissan for you.  Should boost our manufacturing figures nicely, if it happens.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/03/nissan-eu-uk-hard-brexit

 

Quite something to be coming from the left-wing, pro EU paper.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sharksy said:

 

There are pros + cons of staying in the EU / Leaving and I considered both, coming to the conclusion overall that Brexit would be best.

Of course, it would be with risks, but I really dislike the way the EU is heading.

 

I believe Statistica.com is a german website, I would rather use Eurostat which is the official european stat office which individual countries (ONS in UK case) feeds into.

 

Here's a potential Brexit Boost from Nissan for you.  Should boost our manufacturing figures nicely, if it happens.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/03/nissan-eu-uk-hard-brexit

 

Quite something to be coming from the left-wing, pro EU paper.

 

 

 

Lol, as if a German statistical website would falsify statistics, but fair enough. I am sorry to say the FT canard was already denied by Nissan, and they made clear that their UK plant is at risk unless the UK plays nice with Europe and is tariff free. It won't boost UK manufacturing. UK manufacturing is beyond saving now, anyway as 80% of your economy is services.

 

From the guardian itself:

 

Nissan denied having made such a plan, however, and said its Sunderland plant would be under threat along with its European operations if the UK fails to ensure tariff-free access to the EU market.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/03/nissan-eu-uk-hard-brexit

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sharksy said:

 

There are pros + cons of staying in the EU / Leaving and I considered both, coming to the conclusion overall that Brexit would be best.

Of course, it would be with risks, but I really dislike the way the EU is heading.

 

I believe Statistica.com is a german website, I would rather use Eurostat which is the official european stat office which individual countries (ONS in UK case) feeds into.

 

Here's a potential Brexit Boost from Nissan for you.  Should boost our manufacturing figures nicely, if it happens.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/feb/03/nissan-eu-uk-hard-brexit

 

Quite something to be coming from the left-wing, pro EU paper.

 

 

 

 Did you actually read the entire article? Considering that the aim of this particular plan (one of many) depends on the feasibility of Nissan raising its market share in the UK by 500%, it seems unlikely to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 12:29 AM, izod10 said:

No idea!   Was this something to do with General Dada  Amin?

  Anyway better than good news for you,yes it does get better exceedingly so..

   3.6 million  dross about to be kicked out of the UK,  but here is the best bit, public funding to launch appeals has dried up,no money,no appeals,no right to stay,no housing,no food banks,no hand outs    'bye 'bye folks,nice (not) to have known you

Who are these '3.6 million dross' relying on public funds, housing food banks, hand outs etc. being kicked out?

 

They are certainly not EU migrants, most of whom are working and paying tax or families of same and are being allowed to remain!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...