Brexit at last: Britain leaves the EU as champagne corks fly

rooster59

52 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

Will they be cheering when they're eating chlorinated chicken and hormone fed cattle? 

At least the EU had some pretty good health regulations. 

Lots of nasty things on the horizon. 

Has that bill been signed already?

Until itIS signed you can write to your MP and explain your reasons for rejecting it. However, until it is signed off it is simply not true so why do state it as a fact?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, smedly said:

Honestly mate you are talking complete tosh - what nationality are you - my guess would be either Irish or German

what the EU is - go listen to Verhofstadt's latest outburst in response to UK leaving - he basically wants to remove the ART50 process so that no country can leave - sound familiar, and he is a senior official in Brussels - you could of course say he doesn't represent the voice of the EU - try removing him

"No member country should have the option to leave" no "opt-ins - no opt-outs" 

you believe what you want that is your right - respect the UK and what they decided - it is done now, lets look forward to a good trading relationship 

who will be next to leave - my money is on Germany and France - check out "two speed EU" read all about it

I identify myself as European. 

Verhofstadt's speeches has been fun to watch. He manages to trigger English boomers even better than Greta does. Simply for saying the blunt truths, which the older generation never used to hear. I know it's far too late for the elderly to change their minds anymore. It's still fun to see veins popping like balloons. 

Verhofstadt is the more educated and brighter version of Nigel Farage, who also is kind of pain in the horse for people who wish to have unity among people. So this goes both ways.

UK is no longer leaving. UK has now left. Nothing can change that fact.

What happens next is going to be far more fun as long as you like a bit darker humour. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

You are of course right. It ended some 75 years ago - I believe that the President of The Republic of Ireland marked the event by calling on the German Embassy in Dublin and signing the book of condolence for the death of Adolph Hitler.

Is this what you recall happening with your extensive military background?

3 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Is this what you recall happening with your extensive military background?

Nothing to do with my background whatsoever - it is a well documented event.

It was "sawadee" who "mentioned the war".

Edited by JAG

1 minute ago, JAG said:

Nothing to do with my background whatsoever - it is a well documented event.

I'm asking, was it your military superiors, who told you to say the following. 

"You are of course right. It ended some 75 years ago - I believe that the President of The Republic of Ireland marked the event by calling on the German Embassy in Dublin and signing the book of condolence for the death of Adolph Hitler."

If it's well documented event, please provide proof with context. 

Just now, TheDark said:

I'm asking, was it your military superiors, who told you to say the following. 

"You are of course right. It ended some 75 years ago - I believe that the President of The Republic of Ireland marked the event by calling on the German Embassy in Dublin and signing the book of condolence for the death of Adolph Hitler."

If it's well documented event, please provide proof with context. 

!) Don't be silly. I am retired, I don't have any "military superiors".

2) Here is a link which refers to the matter: 

https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/de-valera-hitler-the-visit-of-condolence-may-1945/

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JAG said:

!) Don't be silly. I am retired, I don't have any "military superiors".

2) Here is a link which refers to the matter: 

https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/de-valera-hitler-the-visit-of-condolence-may-1945/

So you were an active member of the UK military force? Can you confirm that?

What you implied before was that Irish President had marked the event which happened 75 years ago by signing the book of condolences for the death of Adolph Hitler.

Firstly, that event happened 75 years ago. Not today. We have very few real veterans still alive from that period and they are dead against your kind of hatred. 

Secondly do not try to mix what happened 75 years ago with what is the reality of today. You probably were not even born 75 years ago and surely are not a WWII veteran. Neither are you most likely even a thinking person with real memories from that time. 

Stop abusing the brave men who lived before your time; for your benefit. That's rather disgusting behaviour. If you are a man of honesty, you know not to do so. 

Edited by TheDark
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Yes we do want it. Particularly HS3 too.
It's the twenty first century and the whole country should benefit from a full high speed rail network. (Even the Scottish part of it!). The current rail network is failing and we all deserve better than tarted-up Victorian remnants. Better sharpen the pencil on the costs though.

Even when the costs were only 30billion no one I spoke to wanted it, lots of protests and petitions though. If the UK could ever complete a job on budget I'd be open to it, but they'll need a bottomless pit of money to complete this to ultimately save some people 20minutes or so.

11 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Brexit is a defining moment for UK and it will also affect the Western world. There is a political war being waged between moral Nationalism (ordinary People) and progressive Globalism (Elites).  Brexit is a huge win for the ordinary People.  Trump being re-elected in 2020 will be another.  There are so many things wrong in the western world after 3 decades of progressive Globalism policies, that it will take at least a decade to redress them all.  Brexit is a big part of the changes that are coming.

I disagree with you in one point:  Never in anyone's life time we shall be able to fix it - or "redress" it, as you call it

Edited by crazygreg44

3 hours ago, smedly said:

What was Germany's objective from 1900-1945 - European military and political domination and failed twice 

What is happening in the EU right now - a simple trading block ?

Nope

Political Domination and now moving towards a military power - the idea of a simple trading block was lost a long time ago

Scotland and SNP has nothing to do with the EU - it is an inherent hate for anything English resurrected in Scotland by a "Republican movement" not dissimilar to N.Ireland's republicans, they don't care about the benefits of being in the UK as one nation - they don't tell the truth about what their so called independence would really mean - they would expect the UK to maintain support just as it is now lol

The reality is somewhat different, just like the Republic of Ireland they refuse to accept or admit to the benefits they receive - the ROI has a rude awakening coming and quite frankly so does Scotland if they follow the SNP into oblivion 

Scotland would take with it a share of total UK debt which they would be paying off for decades - inward investment from the UK would cease - they would not qualify to join the EU - I would await them begging to rejoin the United Kingdom were they belong 

Stupid people

This is just so true, brilliant post

• Like 2

5 hours ago, alien365 said:

The North doesn't want it (HS2), so fingers crossed Boris will do the right thing.

Any evidence to back that up? 

I ask, because that's not what's being said here in the UK.

Just one recent example

"We need HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail delivered together, in full," said the leader of Manchester City Council Sir Richard Leese, part of the Connecting Britain campaign.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

he French give us Foie Gras, which is extremely cruel to produce, and extremely unhealthy to eat. I wonder why the wonderful EU haven't banned Foie Gras..

I wonder why you don't check facts. A 1998 EU report came out heavily against it's production, and it is illegal under EU regulations. 

Although it's banned in most EU member states, the French ignore the ban and have several lawsuits against them pending in the ECJ because of this.

But I assume any Brexiteer would want the French to tell the EU and ECJ where they can stick their rulings!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheDark said:

I identify myself as European. 

Verhofstadt's speeches has been fun to watch. He manages to trigger English boomers even better than Greta does. Simply for saying the blunt truths, which the older generation never used to hear. I know it's far too late for the elderly to change their minds anymore. It's still fun to see veins popping like balloons. 

Verhofstadt is the more educated and brighter version of Nigel Farage, who also is kind of pain in the horse for people who wish to have unity among people. So this goes both ways.

UK is no longer leaving. UK has now left. Nothing can change that fact.

What happens next is going to be far more fun as long as you like a bit darker humour. 

Verhofstadt couldn't trigger a water pistol and his name will disappear into history as quick as a flea fart.

• Haha 1