Brexit at last: Britain leaves the EU as champagne corks fly

rooster59

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The general election?

Do you mean the last one in which 52.4% of the vote went to parties who, at the very least, promised a referendum on any final deal? That's a larger percentage than voted Leave in 2016!

The election in which the Tories only increased their share of the vote by a mere 1.2%, from 42.4% to 43.6%, but increased their share of seats by 10.5% from 45.7% (297)* to 56.2% (365)? 

Cummings knew he was being painted into a corner by the increased demands for a referendum on any deal; a referendum he knew he would probably lose. But he's a canny performer, and he knew that Labour under Corbyn had no chance of winning a general election, so he told his puppet Johnson to call one.

As he thought, our first past the post system meant that, despite more people voting against him than for him, he won and the desire of the majority for a referendum on the deal being taken into account by him and his puppet are now zero.

Maybe the majority of the 52.4% who want a referendum would have voted for Cummings' deal.  We will now never know as our voices have been silenced by the first past the post system; just as Cummings hoped they would be.

Still, we only have ourselves to blame. We had the chance to change to a fairer, more representative system in 2011, but voted against so doing.

*318 Tory MPs were elected in 2017, but in September 2019 Johnson expelled 21 of them from the party.

Oh my, it must be the weekend again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I wonder why you don't check facts. A 1998 EU report came out heavily against it's production, and it is illegal under EU regulations. 

Although it's banned in most EU member states, the French ignore the ban and have several lawsuits against them pending in the ECJ because of this.

But I assume any Brexiteer would want the French to tell the EU and ECJ where they can stick their rulings!

As far as I can see, Foie Gras is not illegal under EU regulations.  Where did you get that from? 

Several European countries have unilaterally banned the PRODUCTION of Foie Gras. But the French still export it. 

So, can you help me check my facts please? 

This report doesn't suggest any EU ban in 1998:

https://stop-foie-gras.com/en/action-petition-cage-foie-gras

20 minutes ago, smedly said:

go for it

if you hate the UK people so much Germany is waiting - well actually they are not

go off on your own Scotland - I really do look forward to seeing how that works out

we are better together but hey you know best

don't forget to pay your share of UK debt at 10billion a year for the next 20 years 

I don't think Scottish people are stupid except for a few - Maybe William Wallace will be along to lead you to utopia or Mel Gibson 

I reckon right now if there was a referendum in the rest of the UK to expel Scotland it would have a huge majority - we are sick listening to the constant hate and winging 

I could now use two rude words but I won't - if you love your EU so much then go there - consider yourself evicted

no more handouts 

guess the corona virus has attacked your brain, you sound pretty reduced mentally

• Like 2

It won't be easy in my opinion. 

There are many who vote for what they thought Brexit will represent in first instance (getting rid of some people, stopping some people to come in). 

They expect embodiment now. 

Not sure every of them can/will understand that nothing can/will be undertaken this year. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, howbri said:

Amen to that. The tyranny of the left is being demolished by patriotic and nation loving people starting with POTUS Trump and now Johnson. God bless the patriots and down with the communist globalists.

You're sure you don't want to include the Protocols of the Elders of Zion as well?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations UK. Masters of your own destiny once again.

To the Remainers: watch closely none of the drama people were scared into believing will happen. None.

If Scots want to go - as Britain, up to them.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Just repeating nonsense does not make it any more true.

Germany has a much larger population than the UK. Germany will ALWAYS be more powerful, economically speaking, than the UK. 

So has India....????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Congratulations UK. Masters of your own destiny once again.

To the Remainers: watch closely none of the drama people were scared into believing will happen. None.

If Scots want to go - as Britain, up to them.

Who is number one?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Well done pandering to out-dated anti German stereotypes. The truth is exactly the opposite. There is no country that is less power-hungry than Germany. Precisely because Germany was happy to morph into Europe did this happen, freedom to travel.

The real reason you British exited Europe was because you didn't like the number of Polish, Romanian and other East European immigrants.  Not because Germany is 'power hungry'. Quite the opposite, Germany diverted millions of its taxpayer money to save bankrupt Greece, build motorways in Poland, and the like.

It is of course YOU, the British, who are power hungry. You have old antiquated notions of being a world power, and want to negotiate your own trade deals, stop immigrants from Poland and Romania coming in.

You exited Europe because you don't want immigrants.  A small contingent of xenophobes swung the referundum in favour of little Englanders. 

If you manage to break up the EU, you will then see a resurgence of power hungry Germans who pursue their own national interest in an unbridled orgy of abandon and patriotic fervour, the way you British do. This small-minded nationalist and patriotic fervour is frowned upon in Germany now.

Not all ????????????????????????????'s are short-arrses and quite a few have lived in and ❤️ ????????.   ???????? has only left ???????? .

Have you considered how many of your alleged xenophobes (on these boards) are happily married outside their culture and/or religion...?

image.jpeg.fe05d4727a0e20e3321a8187b5763164.jpeg

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2