FX @ BKK - a few tips.

Another word of advice - if you really are exchanging a large sum of money, I would strongly recommend you go to Vasu exchange near Nana BTS. They are quick, professional and have good rates, but the best thing is that if you are changing a large sum they will take you into a private room so nobody can see your wad of cash and where you put it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

However, there are a few automatic FX machines (e.g. next to the Krungsri counter), which took them without complaint. Rate same as above, so a good solution if your bills are not crispy fresh.

That's the interesting part.

I never checked and would have expected that they give worse rates at the machines.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's the interesting part.

I never checked and would have expected that they give worse rates at the machines.

It seems that all the FX counters on the lower floor use the same rates in order to eliminate any competition between them. And the machines belong to Krungsri (IIRC), which has a manned counter just next to them, so it wouldn't make sense to use different rates - people would just go to the counter.

Edited by shadowofacloud

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, shadowofacloud said:

It seems that all the FX counters on the lower floor use the same rates in order to eliminate any competition between them.

It's a while ago and at the time differences were minor like 5 Satang for big notes.

Not worth joining the longest queue.