More than 100 patients under coronavirus watch in Krabi

rooster59

More than 100 patients under coronavirus watch in Krabi

By THE NATION

800_81cd6f30069e2ca.jpg

The Krabi Provincial Public Health Office is monitoring more than 100 patients suspected of carrying the Wuhan coronavirus, and five of them must get additional blood tests, Wittaya Watthanuengkowit, the office’s doctor, said on Friday (January 31).

“Currently, we are monitoring over 100 patients who came from China; 10 per cent of them were Thai people,” he said.

These people had fever or other symptoms and were treated in several hospitals in Krabi province.

Presently, they have been allowed to stay in hotels, under close monitoring of the hotels’ managers and medical teams from both government and private organisations.

However, five patients must go through more tests. The province has quarantined them in the hospitals, while their blood test results are awaited.

“This time we have ordered all hospitals to provide more than 100 rooms to exclusively monitor suspected cases of infections in the future,” the doctor said. “The 100-plus tourists from China will be monitored for another 14 days, he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381422

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-01
  • Sad 1

Every day now we hear of more cases of Corona Virus.

Today its Krabi that is monitoring 100 suspected cases.

There are cases of the Virus almost everywhere now, but the one place that has no reported cases is good old Pattaya, or have I missed a report or two.

With the number of Chinese Tourists the City hosts on a constant basis, i would have thought it would have been the number one place for infections.

Really, really lucky I guess.

• Like 2

So if those  being monitored have similar symptoms but are diagnosed with a variant of influenza which also can and does kill  why are people less concerned about that? A single sneeze can infect a small room full of people.

Wearing a mask is no real protection if you do not add goggles anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fastplus said:

expats and foreigners with long-term stays through overpriced insurance.. its joke, ofcourse,,, but!!!! what difference and discrimination !! Chinese tourists enter without problems (even with the wuhan virus),, these are welcome,,,, but, expats/foreigners from EU, USA, AUS and next, we are not welcome - TM30 + visa problems + scannig at airport +  400000/800000 baht if marry visa, retirement visa,  + double prices in the hospital, sights and next..

I don’t see any discrimination unless you are talking about discriminating against the Chinese. The Chinese need a visa to visit Thailand whereas most westerners can come in visa exempt for 30 days or more. 
Since you’re a newbie,  I guess you can be excused for not knowing the facts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“Currently, we are monitoring over 100 patients who came from China; 10 per cent of them were Thai people,” he said.

These people had fever or other symptoms and were treated in several hospitals in Krabi province.

Presently, they have been allowed to stay in hotels, under close monitoring of the hotels’ managers and medical teams from both government and private organisations.

Thai style control... 

• Like 1