More than 100 patients under coronavirus watch in Krabi

rooster59

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The above is 100% complete and utter rubbish.

These numbers are talking about those admitted to hospital with pneumonia like symptoms.

The vast majority of people are slightly inconvenienced by this virus and then go about their business like anyone else but with immunity.

No they aren't.

Well explained here: https://issues.org/clarity-please-on-the-coronavirus-statistics/

The vast majority of people are slightly inconvenienced by this virus and then go about their business like anyone else but with immunity.

absolute bs.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

How old are we when we are old?

It kill the elderly. That why I recommend transam very careful.

if he die, it will be so terrible.

For tourism, if the media report.

The coronavirus causes severe acute respiratory infection and the problem is that there is no specific cure or vaccine. As to the victims, most of the deaths have been of elderly people or those with pre-existing respiratory problems, BBC reports.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thai style control... 

And in Australia ...

Confirmation of the second case came as The Westin Brisbane was identified as the hotel in which the Chinese national women's football team was being kept 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

That's probably true, as most Thai people die from from many low IQ related conditions.

Can you explain a bit. Have a link?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

it appears they all are Thais, but if they don't pay, foreigners will be blamed for taking advantage of the hospital service

Foreigners will be “blamed” for bring the virus here. 

Because it true!

The op say only 10% is Thai. 90% is foreigner.

Edited by Yinn
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Globally half a million people die of malaria every year. Then there are loads of other deceases you can get or getting killed by traffic. Even if you get it you have less than 3 % chance you die. People are getting panic attacks and make each other <deleted>ting themselves. There are controls enough for the amount of people infected here. 

Please go to Wuhan and explain this to their medical personel there.

I am sure they will be so happy to hear that they are completely overreacting and should just go home.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

So if those  being monitored have similar symptoms but are diagnosed with a variant of influenza which also can and does kill  why are people less concerned about that? A single sneeze can infect a small room full of people.

Wearing a mask is no real protection if you do not add goggles anyway.

Let's be clear: a mask is no real protection. viruses and even bacteria can easily penetrate a mask because so small impossible to filter them out. Sneeze or not sneeze. They are in the air someone exhaled and in the air you breath in. Just as simple.

Edited by P100
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

The above is 100% complete and utter rubbish.

These numbers are talking about those admitted to hospital with pneumonia like symptoms.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the “continued increase in cases and the evidence of human-to-human transmission outside of China are, of course, most deeply disturbing.” The illness produces a range of symptoms, with about 20% of the patients developing severe illnesses, including pneumonia and respiratory failure, he said.

48 minutes ago, Yinn said:

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the “continued increase in cases and the evidence of human-to-human transmission outside of China are, of course, most deeply disturbing.” The illness produces a range of symptoms, with about 20% of the patients developing severe illnesses, including pneumonia and respiratory failure, he said.

That guy 'Tedros' is talking out of his ass, he's wrong.

The WHO will never be aware of the people who catch the virus and recover from their mild symptoms and without treatment.

With all the annual deaths caused by communical diseases like malaria and dengue fever and HIV/Aids and tuberculosis and hepatitis and meningitis and the flu (about 5 million every year) it makes you wonder why something like Caronavirus (or SARS) can cause such outright panic and irrational actions.  Why dont people realise that more often than not the fear generated by the media vastly outweighs the actual risk to everyone.  Perhaps it is that people have watched too many movies and think the pandemic will come soon - maybe next - no this one is it ......

Imagine the unrealistic fear that would be generated if people thought something was going to destroy the planet - like say climate change or global warming or an asteroid hitting earth.  Dont laugh - the dinosaurs ignored the fact that global cooling was starting to wipe them out - and then that bl^^y asteroid hit.....

Me - I wear a seat belt and have a good safe car and drive carefully and not at night. But I dont get my knickers in a knot that 1.2 million people die in road accidents every year - imagine how scared to drive I would be if I let that get on my mind - thank goodness hollywood doesnt shows us movies where millions of people get killed in car accidents - or is that because the vested interests (car industry) look after them. Hmmmmm I wonder if there are any vested interests behind the global warming fears, deliberately stirring things up on purpose? Surely not. But the coronavirus is going to kill millions - obviously.

4 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

With all the annual deaths caused by communical diseases like malaria and dengue fever and HIV/Aids and tuberculosis and hepatitis and meningitis and the flu (about 5 million every year) it makes you wonder why something like Caronavirus (or SARS) can cause such outright panic and irrational actions.  Why dont people realise that more often than not the fear generated by the media vastly outweighs the actual risk to everyone.  Perhaps it is that people have watched too many movies and think the pandemic will come soon - maybe next - no this one is it ......

Imagine the unrealistic fear that would be generated if people thought something was going to destroy the planet - like say climate change or global warming or an asteroid hitting earth.  Dont laugh - the dinosaurs ignored the fact that global cooling was starting to wipe them out - and then that bl^^y asteroid hit.....

Me - I wear a seat belt and have a good safe car and drive carefully and not at night. But I dont get my knickers in a knot that 1.2 million people die in road accidents every year - imagine how scared to drive I would be if I let that get on my mind - thank goodness hollywood doesnt shows us movies where millions of people get killed in car accidents - or is that because the vested interests (car industry) look after them. Hmmmmm I wonder if there are any vested interests behind the global warming fears, deliberately stirring things up on purpose? Surely not. But the coronavirus is going to kill millions - obviously.

Look at the situation in Wuhan and I think you can find the reason for "panic" and most contries taking this very serious.

The risk all countries with infected now are facing, is about the death rate, but how this virus could take their health systems down. Dead people are easy to deal with. But sick people who requires weeks of treatment, is very hard to handle.

Right now China has just asked EU for support with medical supplies. This shows how serious the situation in China actually is. Their health system is under so much pressure that new hospitals are being built and the military has been called in. 

It is when hospitals stop working, others problems start showing up. That is the biggest problem with this virus.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Right now China has just asked EU for support with medical supplies. This shows how serious the situation in China actually is. Their health system is under so much pressure that new hospitals are being built and the military has been called in. 

It is when hospitals stop working, others problems start showing up. That is the biggest problem with this virus.

Exactly, just because WuFlu which may or may not by itself not be the biggest threat doesn't mean other diseases take a holiday.

People still need emergency treathments, cancer threatments, surgery etc - there's simply no human capital free to do any of these if a pandemic really hits. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Everyone who sneezes or coughs is currently being watched. The number 100 sounds high but in the end there will be nobody of them with the virus.

Sucks for me that I've had a sore throat for 1 year now lol. Chronic sore throat... ????????????. But it’s bacterial not viral lol. Issue is bacteria keeps returning after taking the antibiotics. It’s annoying me already. Blood exams say I’m super healthy. Nothing  outside norms. 

Edited by Drax

What’s worrying is that if this virus really gets established here, which when taking into account the Thai government’s complacency seems more and more likely, it has the potential to spread through the population very quickly. Thailand is a country with areas of very dense population that use air conditioned public transport, shopping malls etc  One in four cases are severe, needing hospitalization, there’s no way that Thai hospitals could deal with a major outbreak. It’s not for nothing that the Chinese authorities are reacting as they are. Even the Vietnamese have blocked flights from China, it’s only Thailand and Cambodia playing the denial game with our lives now. People say “only 3% die..... that’s around 1 in every 30... that’s high and if hospitals are overwhelmed to the point of being unable to help, it could be higher. Sure, there’s probably many infected people who don’t appear on the stats due to the mildness of their symptoms, but the worrying thing about the stats at the moment is the possibility that they’re being suppressed by the Chinese government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

What’s worrying is that if this virus really gets established here, which when taking into account the Thai government’s complacency seems more and more likely, it has the potential to spread through the population very quickly. Thailand is a country with areas of very dense population that use air conditioned public transport, shopping malls etc  One in four cases are severe, needing hospitalization, there’s no way that Thai hospitals could deal with a major outbreak. It’s not for nothing that the Chinese authorities are reacting as they are. Even the Vietnamese have blocked flights from China, it’s only Thailand and Cambodia playing the denial game with our lives now. People say “only 3% die..... that’s around 1 in every 30... that’s high and if hospitals are overwhelmed to the point of being unable to help, it could be higher. Sure, there’s probably many infected people who don’t appear on the stats due to the mildness of their symptoms, but the worrying thing about the stats at the moment is the possibility that they’re being suppressed by the Chinese government.

Very true. Anyone not looking at Wuhan as the possible outcome, have simply not understood the real dangers of this. Clearly the Thai-government are convinced they have everything under control. Same as they thought in Wuhan to begin with. 

In Thailand the numbers of people under observation is growing rapidly day by day. At some point (very soon), they will simply not have resources to handle that. Give it a week or two more and I am sure the people who keep saying this is "nothing", will start to understand this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Very true. Anyone not looking at Wuhan as the possible outcome, have simply not understood the real dangers of this. Clearly the Thai-government are convinced they have everything under control. Same as they thought in Wuhan to begin with. 

In Thailand the numbers of people under observation is growing rapidly day by day. At some point (very soon), they will simply not have resources to handle that. Give it a week or two more and I am sure the people who keep saying this is "nothing", will start to understand this.

It might not be far from now that countries start blocking travelers from Thailand.  It’s already number 2 on scale of infections which are probably, very likely, due to Prayut’s mishandling of the whole situation going to see an exponential increase in the coming weeks. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

It might not be far from now that countries start blocking travelers from Thailand.  It’s already number 2 on scale of infections which are probably, very likely, due to Prayut’s mishandling of the whole situation going to see an exponential increase in the coming weeks. 

It has just been surpassed by Japan 25 (5 asymptomatic). It can simply means that Japan are faster at testing suspected case. 

Edited by Tayaout

28 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

It has just been surpassed by Japan 25 (5 asymptomatic). It can simply means that Japan are faster at testing suspected case. 

No doubt. The "waiting list" for test-results is growing day by day here.

I am sure Thailand will soon take first position again and be the winner. Sadly.

4 hours ago, khunpa said:

Please go to Wuhan and explain this to their medical personel there.

I am sure they will be so happy to hear that they are completely overreacting and should just go home.

You have to be real careful about judging the situation from the videos coming out of Wuhan, especially the hospitals.  My Chinese GF has health problems and as a result, I've spent over 500 days in various Chinese hospitals.  Depending on which hospital and which ward, it's common to see people sleeping on the floor in the hallways, dozens of forlorn -even bleeding- people sitting in chairs waiting for a bed, patients stacked up on cots in the lobbies, and family members yelling at doctors.  Often, she had to wait weeks for a bed to free up to do any routine inpatient procedures.  And that's on a normal day.  

To a westerner accustomed to hospitals "back home", it looks like the world is coming to an end.  To anyone who's spent a lot of time in Chinese hospitals, it looks like a typical Friday night in the emergency wing.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1