Help on codes in "book bank" - cheque deposit

Hi there,

I had a Thai company provide me a SCB cheque to deposit into my Bangkok Bank account. 

The cheque didn't go through and the lady in the Bangkok Bank branch couldn't speak proper English. On the "book bank" there are two entries

showing the money went in and immediately went out, it says:

CODE = NBL , Dep No. =03    <+ AMOUNT>

CODE = COR, Dep No = 03    < - AMOUNT>

Does anyone have an idea what these codes mean? I don't think the cheque bounced as they are a legit company on the surface. However I am worried about what the hell is wrong with the cheque. Did the person writing the cheque forge a signature, is it a fake cheque, are they going bankrupt? The cheque was written into my name (consistent with my Bank Account Name and Passport - no issues there with the name).

it would be good if someone knows what this means before I approach the company for an explanation.

• 1 year later...

I had a strange "Correction" thing happen today at Bangkok Bank. I wanted to transfer all of my money from my Bangkok Bank direct deposit account to my Bangkok Bank savings account. My accounts were opened at a Chiang Mai branch, but today I did the transfer at a Bangkok branch. I think maybe the strange (deposit-withdraw-deposit) transactions are because the branches are in different provinces.

01 Mar 2021 10:57  -  "Cash Deposit" 

--- instead of a transfer they withdrew my money then made a cash deposit.

01 Mar 2021 11:59  -  "Correction for No-Book Cash Deposit"  

--- then they withdrew all of my money.

01 Mar 2021 12:00  -  "Transfer to/from SAV"    
--- then they re-deposited all of my money.

Scary how they withdraw all of your money out of your bank account and transfer it back in.  I hope I don't need to be concerned about this, because this is all of the money I have.

Edited by 1cosmo
they a