Chinese tourists desert Thai resort as coronavirus spreads

rooster59

3 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

This will hopefully be contained soon as it could do a lot of damage to the economy in some countries.

Also, it is annoying to see the cost of a mask increase  by 500%

I bought one for 10 baht a few months ago. Yesterday I see the same mask on sale for 50 baht.

Throw out that mask and get a 3M N95 mask, you have better chances of stopping the virus with it as opposed to any of those cheap surgical masks.

Do the research, cost for the M3 N95 is just over 100 baht, two in the packet.

• Like 1

This virus will plague us financially too. Cost to Australia so far estimated at $1 billion. Yet stock markets still pounding ahead. It’s like a bucking bronco. Cheap cash making it unstoppable...Anyone discovering a vaccine will reap a fortune. And the bubble will get bigger!

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

To put this in perspective, in the two months coronavirus has been active, there has not been a single death in the USA. At the same time, 2300 people have died there from gun-related violence.

Or, closer to home, what's the Thai road toll for the last two months?

People always have more fear of a new and unfamiliar danger especially when it's a silent killer like an unknown disease.

It can strike any where at any time and anyone can be a victim.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

you know what is funny 

Chinese are not well travelled people - they are brought here on very well fine tuned packages - plane - bus - hotel - bus - eating - bus - hotel - rinse repeat, being ripped off at every opportunity possible - they think it is all normal because they don't know any better - they are herded everywhere - charged a fortune and after 10 days shipped off home thinking - well that is what a holiday is...……..they have no concept of travel 

we from the west are always well travelled - it is very hard for us to understand what exactly is going on with these Chinese (so called) tourists - they just don't know any better and are being taken advantage of - very sad really and is just massive exploitation of people that don't know any better or different

and no it isn't really funny at all

Couldn’t of put it better myself ... ????????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

People always have more fear of a new and unfamiliar danger especially when it's a silent killer like an unknown disease.

It can strike any where at any time and anyone can be a victim.

Perhaps I am being too logical.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Great idea. Leave a country where there are a few cases and go back to the place it originated from where there are thousands of "known" cases. I'd like to know the IQ of this group.

In china they are in full lockdown. Entire cities with empty streets.

5 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Great idea. Leave a country where there are a few cases and go back to the place it originated from where there are thousands of "known" cases. I'd like to know the IQ of this group.

But compare the size of China and the size of Phuket. Safer in Chonqing with 20 million people spread over a huge area, or confined in small areas of a small island with potential carriers? Most wont be going back to Hubei province.

Edited by wensiensheng
Punctuation
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Throw out that mask and get a 3M N95 mask, you have better chances of stopping the virus with it as opposed to any of those cheap surgical masks.

Do the research, cost for the M3 N95 is just over 100 baht, two in the packet.

Totally agree. I have N95 masks from Amazon.

The mask I bought 3 months ago was not for the C.Virus. The 50 baht mask was an observation.

Cheers

19 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Totally agree. I have N95 masks from Amazon.

The mask I bought 3 months ago was not for the C.Virus. The 50 baht mask was an observation.

Cheers

I paid 20 baht each for these from Lazada pack of 25. Also another 3M brand N95 pack of 50 for even less. This was three weeks ago. Sold out now.

image.png.9e1073bcd3bac0b712a53939998876dd.png

• Like 1

If Thailand's tourism industry gets absolutely decimated by this, then the TAT will have to stop putting out BS figures and the government will have to pull its head out of the sand and actually do something (other than promoting Pokemon Go and durian KitKats).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

you know what is funny 

Chinese are not well travelled people - they are brought here on very well fine tuned packages - plane - bus - hotel - bus - eating - bus - hotel - rinse repeat, being ripped off at every opportunity possible - they think it is all normal because they don't know any better - they are herded everywhere - charged a fortune and after 10 days shipped off home thinking - well that is what a holiday is...……..they have no concept of travel 

we from the west are always well travelled - it is very hard for us to understand what exactly is going on with these Chinese (so called) tourists - they just don't know any better and are being taken advantage of - very sad really and is just massive exploitation of people that don't know any better or different

and no it isn't really funny at all

I am a bit puzzled here 55

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

I had no trouble ordering 3 layer masks and 3M suits for me (XL) but I had to  go to an unknown brand for S size for the wife.   Both Du Pont and 3M seem to be out of S and only limited M.   Try Aliexpess.....but don't buy of a seller that is saying up to 40 days or April delivery they don't have stock now  for sure.

I understand from a Chinese seller on eBay, that shipping from China has now been closed down, so far for the next 10 days, so don´t expect to get anything ordered from China any time soon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ehs818 said:

Now smile and get on with your daily routine WEARING A MASKS.

You might as well wear a crash helmet....the only use of a mask is to stop touching your face after you have been touching something that might have been infected, like a door handle. Masks don't stop people breathing the virus. Simple.

Besides, no one can see you smiling behind a face mask.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

the OP had titled it, that they left (deserted) the resort...

nothing about where they ended up after leaving... 

did they go home?

did they simply head along to their next Stop?

without any story content, that actually relates to the actual jest of the OP Title... 

Maybe they were: 

-evicted?

- given too many evil eye?   

shrugs all round...   ????‍♂️

26 minutes ago, SteveK said:

If Thailand's tourism industry gets absolutely decimated by this, then the TAT will have to stop putting out BS figures and the government will have to pull its head out of the sand and actually do something (other than promoting Pokemon Go and durian KitKats).

Do you really think this bit of reality will have any impact on the BS figures? Since when have they interfaced with "reality". I don't know how TAT will spin this as a positive... my imagination is not that great, but I bet they come up with something.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1