60 day visa to thailand refused entry without return ticket

i was refused to enter thailand without a return ticket even though i had a 60 day visa in australian passport its the first time i have ever been forced to buy a ticket out of the country before i could enter they said you have had too many tourist visas and we think you are not a tourist i own my own condo and have a girlfriend and they say you must get a marriage visa or a retirement visa and you will not be allowed in on a tourist visa again 

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

so i purchased a return ticket to kl in 58 days they said that they would hold me in a room till i got one but i have needed  to be flexible on my return dates if there is a problem with my tenants  or some unforeseen circumstance the officer was full on at don mung and would not back down everything i read tells me i do not require a return ticket

Edited by padoo
  • Confused 2

Don't think this is about onward flight.

Most likely related to how long you have been in Thailand. 

I have never obtained a setv in Oz however at many consulates a flight into Thailand and onward flight is required for setv.

Do not understand why imm would want to see previous pp. They would have your previous entries on computer. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What will you talk with them about? You are quite clearly not a tourist.

Why did you get a new passport BTW? Had it simply expired on a due date or did it contain evidence of many entries with TR and other visa types including visa-exempt entries and extensions over an extended period of time?

in 15 years i had 2 extensons and a retirement visa 

• Like 2