60 day visa to thailand refused entry without return ticket

12 hours ago, Parker2100 said:

Yes, they do.  But they want to see where else you have been and if you had immigration trouble in other countries.

They also want to see if you have been back to your own country or if you are living in Asia.  IDK why, but they often consider living in Asean as living Thailand.

I have been sent to the "Interrogation room" 2X.  And I have explicitly been told to leave Asia and go back to the USA.

I believe it is racial.  Like tellng a Mexican to go back to Mexico.  As if the rest of the world does not exist.

They think they are standing up for other Asean countries.

Or don't want their competitors to get the money they are turning away.

I had a new passport this time never had a problem with the old one showing where I had been and she did ask for the old passport I think you are right about seeing where I had been  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, padoo said:

I had a new passport this time never had a problem with the old one showing where I had been and she did ask for the old passport I think you are right about seeing where I had been  

But technically, you are required (by their rules, if not law) to have the old passport.  Kinda stupid because the most common reason to get a new passport is that you lost the old one.

If it expired, they can easily see that in their system so shouldn't need it.

If the pages were full, you should still have the old one.

Mine was full after 2 years so I got a replacement in Myanmar.  I had the old one at the ready if they asked for it but they didn't.

Maybe some IOs are still going on old policies before they had the database. 

I think there is pressure on them to send a qouta of visitors for further screening.  Especially Farang.  Just to show they are not soft.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Maestro said:

There is no immigration rule and definitely no clause in any law that requires a foreigner to be able to show his old passport on his first arrival  with a new passport in Thailand.

No law, sure.  But they don't advertise their rules (which you a supposed to psychically know) so you cannot know it is not a rule.  I was advised by the U.S. embassy to have both passports.  So apparently it is some kind of rule.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Thai embassy in Berlin requires proof of leaving for METV (it's not specified for which entry the proof is needed). Can be flight, bus, train ticket to neighboring country, hotel booking or visa for other country. But as airlines might not accept bus or train ticket to neighboring country, and booking a Thai train from Germany would be very inconvenient, I always had a flight out for my first entry.

I was once asked for a flight out on one of the subsequent entries (from Yangon to Don Mueang), and had to book a flight on my phone, else they would not have let me in. Fortunately, showing the flight on screen was enough (whereas embassies want printout).

20 hours ago, padoo said:

I will be bringing my old passport next time easy

They will probably hand it back.  As if you don't need it. But if you don't bring it, it's an issue.

Thai Immigration is odd like that.

They are looking for reasons to give you a hard time.  If you have it, they are not interested because they cannot use that agaist you.

I usually have all my paperwork and hand it to them if they ask or not. They usually hand almost all of it back to me.  But the only times I have trouble are when I hand in only the passport and arrival card.  I have the rest if they ask but they don't ask.  They just send you to the interrogation room where they dont ask either.  You just have to hand everything you have at them and almost force them to look at it.  Because at that point they already have a default action planned and you have to try to change their minds.

I posted this below in a topic a couple of weeks back and i remain bewildered by their policies.

He added that the industry as a whole must take good care of the other tourists who remain in Thailand, while also exploring new markets to compensate for the absence of Chinese tourists.

I had a dream....

So with immediate effect immigration officers have at all airports have been instructed to stop the interrogations of people who simply wish to be in Thailand and spend money and welcome everybody with open arms.

No more ......you come too Thailand too much, here too long spending money, you stay in our cells for a few days and we make you pay to leave!!

Farcical tm30 rules will be totally relaxed along with other pedantic obstructive visa requirements.

The empty hotels nationwide will slash prices,offering promotions such as pay for one night get one free night.

Thai Airways will promote huge discounts for both domestic and international travel.

Jet ski scam at Phuket and Pattaya put on hold for a few months.

Taxi and tour bus drivers required not to be drunk in charge or rip off or assault customers.

Hospitals will offer free medical care for anyone with virus concerns.

Buy one get one free bar girl promotions.

etc etc etc.....  then i woke up....

The reality is they have come up with possible 4am bar openings, marching bands and possible visa exempt for the Indian and the Chinese market.

Meanwhile as per the topic the crazy immigration officers seem oblivious to the tourism decline and at will obstruct, decline and otherwise make life very unpleasant for people holding visas simply wishing to enter the country again and spend money.

• Like 2

I wont be coming to Thailand much any more I have put the condos in my girlfriends name and instructed her to sell them we still have a house in the country that I built but we plan to live in Australia permanently I have submitted  her spouse visa application maybe a once a year visit 29 days return  the 60 day visa gave me an option to extend or leave early and it was good but no more  the bart is too strong  the roads are a death trap over 1000 people died on the roads in January alone  and that's not counting the ones who die later from    injuries      its too hot and life seems to revolve around food I am over Thailand now

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, padoo said:

I have put the condos in my girlfriends name and instructed her to sell them 

Are you sure? You can trust her with millions of baht? I am nobody to comment on your relationship but be careful.

I have heard alot of Stories.

Edited by lovethai123
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have put condos in her name before and sold them

14 years together I purchase houses we have done renovations  on 4 houses in  Australia   and  sold them for thousands more over the years she can keep the money if she wants from the condos now she has 2 condo  shops worth $80000 but I take your point and with thais it usually comes back to money when we first met there were a gang of girls for me to choose from in the farming community we all went to town in the back of a ute all the girls started looking for  something for me to buy for them bags clothes ect but this one did not want anything and she came from the poorest family not only that her toilet had no door and her father put one on for me that was the deal maker 

• Like 1