BANGKOK
padoo

60 day visa to thailand refused entry without return ticket

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Better be quick then. The following was only posted yesterday pointing out fresh caps on how many times you can pretend to be a tourist in Vietnam. It already has about 11 pages of righteous indignation, shock and talk of coffin nails.

As a Brit I can be a tourist in Vietnam for 2 weeks with no VISA at all, as many times as I like (as long as I'm out for a month between visits).

I go so often they've hijacked the last pages of my passport, so they can keep all the stamps together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I know you're a fountain of knowledge with any visa cases, but are you sure?

I know from a friend who recently came to Thailand with a SETV from Austria. There at checkin they would not let him board because he had no return/onward ticket.

Fortunatelly his brother - living in Thailand - already had bought two tickets to Laos which he had to email in the middle of the night to his brother waiting at the Vienna airport.

Without that he would have been denied.

Yes but that's not immigration. The airlines will not issue boarding pass to someone without a visa and onward flight.

I realize the OP has a setv. The airline would not ask for onward ticket as to obtain a setv you need show flight into Thai and also onward flight as part of application (not everywhere). Bit surprised your friend was asked for onward flight. 

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As a Brit I can be a tourist in Vietnam for 2 weeks with no VISA at all, as many times as I like (as long as I'm out for a month between visits).

I go so often they've hijacked the last pages of my passport, so they can keep all the stamps together.

I always wonder why UK was added to list of countries VE to Vietnam few years back. USA, AU, NZ, Canada to name a few are not. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, padoo said:

yes they said we will allow you this time and it was not a valid reason i think i should talk to the tourist police 

Next time don't use both bangkok airports. Use a land border or any airport but bangkok.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes but that's not immigration. The airlines will not issue boarding pass to someone without a visa and onward flight.

I realize the OP has a setv. The airline would not ask for onward ticket as to obtain a setv you need show flight into Thai and also onward flight as part of application (not everywhere). Bit surprised your friend was asked for onward flight. 

Do I understand you right:

If you apply for a TV you have to show them a return/onward ticket?

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Yes that's correct. I notice you posted re Thai consulate in Hamburg. For some consulates a bus/train ticket won't cut it.

I also note that the OP had a setv but no onward flight, so clearly it occurs.

Personally I have only applied for setv at Saigon consulate. Clerk wanted to see onward flight. I showed on phone which was useless as she needed hard copy for application. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

In Belgium (my home-country) when applying for a Single Entry Tourist Visa you need to provide copy of a return-flight.  Not needed when you apply for a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

i will. say in the new visa aplicaton they ask for return flight details i provide entry flight detailes and leave it. blank and the visa is granted every time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, padoo said:
1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

How much time did you spend in Thailand last year?

about 5 months

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

You live here, so should ideally have an extension of stay. Immigration is correct, you're not a tourist.

5 months does not make him a resident, it doesn't even qualify him as a tax resident

1 minute ago, padoo said:

i will. say in the new visa aplicaton they ask for return flight details i provide entry flight detailes and leave it. blank and the visa is granted every time 

but the final say is up to immigration and the officer was not backing down 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, padoo said:

In many consulates a print out of CONFIRMED flight is required, not random flight details or leave blank.