60 day visa to thailand refused entry without return ticket

13 minutes ago, Parker2100 said:

They ask for the address and if it is a hotel, rental, or staying with a friend.

Not new.  Remember now?

No, it doesn't ask if it's a rental or if you own it. It asks for the address and if it's a hotel, apartment, other, etc. It must be something new if it's asking if it's a rental or you own the place you are staying at!

Edited by bbi1

1. You don't need a return ticket to your country of origin.  You just need a ticket out of Thailand to any country.

May I suggest Singapore?  Under 6000B roundtrip. 

The airport code is SIN, which makes it ironically "Sin City" (prostitution is legal there, so I'm told, never been there myself ????).

2. There is a service available for 19€ called One Way Fly, created just for people like you and me who need flexibility on return date.  Basically they rent you a ticket out of the country for a day or two.  I have used this service before, but they never asked.

Cheers ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

You prob had the same impossible witch I tried to check in with.

ABSOLUTELY NOT giving me a Boarding Pass Perth to Bangkok.

Could not understand I live in Thailand and am returning home.

I had a valed Retirement VISA good for 8 more months plus I showed her 3-4 other expired Retirement Visas to show I have lived in Thailand FOR YEARS.

She forced me to buy a onward ticket Bangkok to Pham Phen and told me I can credit it when I land in Bangkok.........high was total BS......it took Thai Airways over 30 days to issue hat credit.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:30 AM, ubonjoe said:

A return or onward ticket is not required for entry to the country if you have valid visa of any kind.

In Switzerland and in the Netherlands you should be able - when you enter the country - to present the same documents as needed to get your visa at the consulate.

• Confused 1

On 2/2/2020 at 9:22 AM, padoo said:

i dont believe that

You dont believe that ? Then you are lying to yourself . You have a condo spend here 5 months a year and you say you have to be caring about your tenants so you renting out your condo i geuss . Do you pay tax ?? Seems to me your making money here so looks like work to me .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/2/2020 at 9:55 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

I know you're a fountain of knowledge with any visa cases, but are you sure?

I know from a friend who recently came to Thailand with a SETV from Austria. There at checkin they would not let him board because he had no return/onward ticket.

Fortunatelly his brother - living in Thailand - already had bought two tickets to Laos which he had to email in the middle of the night to his brother waiting at the Vienna airport.

Without that he would have been denied.

Who ever checked your friend in at AUS did not now the rules you need a outgoing ticket if you come in on a 30day on arrival but if you have a 60 or 90 single or double entry you do not need an outgoing ticket, remember these visas can also be extended by 30 days if needed. Where the IO was looking the amount of time he spent last year , 5 months looks to be the issue, maybe the IO was just being a A hole. 

When I went to get my Tourist Visa the consulet in USA said they had a new directive that said I must have a ticket out of LOS within the 60 days or she couldn’t issue my visa.. I tried to explain I was going to extend my TV 60 days based on Marriage... No joy, had to buy a $47 one way ticket to Cambodia... Next year I will do my extension based on Marriage or Retirement and just get a tee try permit and be done with this <deleted> all together... I still work 8 months in the USA annually so the TV and extension was working for me not anymore.... TIT... 

On 2/2/2020 at 9:09 AM, ChipButty said:

Time to sell your condo and get a new G/F in Vietnam 

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine also Aussie when he landed in Phuket he's not coming back

Nope, that's not an option anymore. Even Vietnam now doesn't want people anymore who like to live there.

You've got to be filthy rich, retired with a good income, or married and loaded. 

2 hours ago, Parker2100 said:

They ask where you are staying on that little form you fill out before you get to the desk.

Did you forget?

Forgive me I assumed you’d be clever enough to know that putting where you’re staying on the little form doesn’t declare your ownership or rental status. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

In that case (and I know this will be a huge surprise to everyone on TV) Consulates are publishing different rules. The Sydney Consulate has the same rule for both SETV and METV - "A copy of airline ticket indicating the date of arrival to and departure from Thailand" http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/en/other/96008-TOURIST-VISA.html

I thought it was common knowledge that Thai consulates nearly always post different interpretations and quite often incorrect information.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Why the semantics game? If you live in Thailand. You are not a tourist. If you visit Thailand you are a tourist. I am not jealous of anyone who manages to live here on tourist visa's. I just get tired of listening to them cry when Thai authorities pronounce game over.

I visit Thailand about 6 months every year. What am I to you? A tourist ? Not a tourist ? I get what is called an METV. If you don’t know it’s a six month multiple entry TOURIST visa. It can easily be used to VISIT Thailand for up to nine months.  Please don’t say I am living here. Unless you want to pay my property taxes in the USA. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pilot3Boz said:

When I went to get my Tourist Visa the consulet in USA said they had a new directive that said I must have a ticket out of LOS within the 60 days or she couldn’t issue my visa.. I tried to explain I was going to extend my TV 60 days based on Marriage... No joy, had to buy a $47 one way ticket to Cambodia... Next year I will do my extension based on Marriage or Retirement and just get a tee try permit and be done with this <deleted> all together... I still work 8 months in the USA annually so the TV and extension was working for me not anymore.... TIT... 

It works if you just pay the $47 and get a throw away  ticket you could probably find one for $30-35 even. Why all the drama and effort of getting extension etc?? Seems more like you are being stubborn about something quite trivial. 

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Jacko,
When he applied for an METV in his home-country, an onward flight is not required (which is logical as that Visa is meant to explore the region).

But when you leave your country the airline often requires it. So what will you do at the airport?? Fight or flight?? 

3 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

But when you leave your country the airline often requires it. So what will you do at the airport?? Fight or flight?? 

In period mid 2017 - mid 2019 I applied 3 times for an METV in my home-country (Belgium).  Never needed an onward flight (not on application / not on boarding / not on entering Thailand).

When I would have been asked, I would have googled 'onward flight' and bought a rental-ticket on-line (valid for 24-36 hours) which costs approx 10 US $.

3 hours ago, padoo said:

i need to know where i stand for future visits on a tourist visa if

i am required to show a return ticket so be it

if i can extend my visa an extra month or not 

if i can buy a return ticket for a month after my visa expires 

if i can no longer use a tourist visa 

happy to do what they want not trying to change the rules 

ok went to the immigration office they agreed with me said the officer was wrong coming to stay with your girlfriend is part of your holiday and walking in the sun was nice for my suntan and i liked all the different flora and fawner and cuisine and culture nightlife ect

and that i found it pleasurable to go to Thailand for my holidays  

14 years i have been here never asked for a return ticket but the new visa application does provide an area to provide return flights 

and i will be asking my consulate do i need to provide this information or not as i need to return home when required  

if you own a condo you must report to your local immigration office within 24 hours m to f produce house book with your name inside 

they   enter it into the computer give you a printout to show on your next visit stating that you did report your place of residence 

if you book and  stay in a hotel you must show the booking when you apply for the visa 

the hotel must report within 24 hrs that you are there on the day m  f  

and you must show the immigration officer your booking document from the hotel when entering the country 

basically consulate does not provide immigration with a copy of your house book or hotel booking  

the new passport probably did not help thats why they asked for the old one 

1 hour ago, thedi said:

In Switzerland and in the Netherlands you should be able - when you enter the country - to present the same documents as needed to get your visa at the consulate.

correct bring copy's of the documents provided in you visa application  showing money address you stay at home address ect

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You dont believe that ? Then you are lying to yourself . You have a condo spend here 5 months a year and you say you have to be caring about your tenants so you renting out your condo i geuss . Do you pay tax ?? Seems to me your making money here so looks like work to me .

tenants in Australia keep up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Who ever checked your friend in at AUS did not now the rules you need a outgoing ticket if you come in on a 30day on arrival but if you have a 60 or 90 single or double entry you do not need an outgoing ticket, remember these visas can also be extended by 30 days if needed. Where the IO was looking the amount of time he spent last year , 5 months looks to be the issue, maybe the IO was just being a A hole. 

correct 

34 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I visit Thailand about 6 months every year. What am I to you? A tourist ? Not a tourist ? I get what is called an METV. If you don’t know it’s a six month multiple entry TOURIST visa. It can easily be used to VISIT Thailand for up to nine months.  Please don’t say I am living here. Unless you want to pay my property taxes in the USA. 

correct

• Like 1

How to get a marriage visa when she's just a girlfriend and not a wive? You didn't ask....

I am surprised because usually one can stay up to 180 days i.e. 6 months in  a year on tourist visa and you stayed for only 5 months.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

How to get a marriage visa when she's just a girlfriend and not a wive? You didn't ask....

we are applying for a partner visa to Australia cost is $9000 but with that she can work and go to a dr or hospital free but the application is very detailed and if you fill it incorrectly you loose the money you have 9 months to marry or claim defaco 

1 minute ago, Pedrogaz said:

Why don't people just get the correct visas? If you are coming in as a tourist but really live here, you deserve everything you get.

i live in Australia i will never live in Thailand happy to come for a visit  Australia  shirts on Thailand  

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 10:00 AM, ThaiBunny said:
On 2/2/2020 at 9:55 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

I know from a friend who recently came to Thailand with a SETV from Austria. There at checkin they would not let him board because he had no return/onward ticket.

Airlines have their own rules

They sure do, why do you think they have those rules?

• Confused 1