60 day visa to thailand refused entry without return ticket

On 2/2/2020 at 10:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

Just further proof that it was bogus denial of entry.

I do get a little tired of people saying people are not tourists as well. Nothing wrong IMO with people staying here on tourist visas as long as they are not working here or involved in some other nefarious activity. They bring money into the country and probably helpt to keep many Thais employed.

I think some people staying here on long stay visas and extensions are a little jealous of people being able to stay here without getting those visas and extensions.

You hit the nail on the head there Joe . I'd like to add that if consulates and embassies grant you a visa , take your money , but you can still be denied at Swampy or or DM , I don't see how they can be charged with issuing visas in the first place .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, gimo said:

You hit the nail on the head there Joe . I'd like to add that if consulates and embassies grant you a visa , take your money , but you can still be denied at Swampy or or DM , I don't see how they can be charged with issuing visas in the first place .

Consulates and Thai imm are separate entities. 

30 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Even so it might still be advisable for you to arm yourself with a completed TM11 next time you plan on entering Thailand with a tourist visa. Blank form downloadable from the following link (#2):-

https://move2thailand.com/thailand-immigration-forms-download/

From the text I have highlighted in yellow on the attached form TM.11 it appears the the appeal must be submitted in person to the Prime Minister and the Minister of Interior. How does this work?

Appeal-against-the-order-of-the-competent-officer-to-leave-the-Kingdom-TM11-move2thailand.com_.pdf

27 minutes ago, Maestro said:

From the text I have highlighted in yellow on the attached form TM.11 it appears the the appeal must be submitted in person to the Prime Minister and the Minister of Interior. How does this work?

Appeal-against-the-order-of-the-competent-officer-to-leave-the-Kingdom-TM11-move2thailand.com_.pdf 134.74 kB · 1 download

@ubonjoe - although the form is addressed to the Prime Minister and the Minister of Interior, I assume that, in practice, prospective appellants submit it to the immigration officer denying them entry (or their supervisor). Correct?

Edited by OJAS

16 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Thailand is becoming a very difficult place to reside in.

True. That's because there were a lot of people who abused it in the past by doing border/visa runs for nearly whole year using just tourist visas or visa exempt.

24 minutes ago, EricTh said:

True. That's because there were a lot of people who abused it in the past by doing border/visa runs for nearly whole year using just tourist visas or visa exempt.

VERY well stated...Plus passport fraud, etc has made Thailand lock itself down.  No more easy care free access.  Gone likely forever...90%+ of many expats from several countries have called it quits either returned with their thai wives to home country or found new places. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Thai Airways gives a 100% cash refund for a cancelled flight?

For a Full Flex or Value fare yes, with a fee charged. (So not really 100%)

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

In period mid 2017 - mid 2019 I applied 3 times for an METV in my home-country (Belgium).  Never needed an onward flight (not on application / not on boarding / not on entering Thailand).

When I would have been asked, I would have googled 'onward flight' and bought a rental-ticket on-line (valid for 24-36 hours) which costs approx 10 US $.

12 hours ago, rabang said:

One of the requirements at the Thai Embassy in Brussels states:

1 copy of the reservation of the flight tickets in and out of Thailand (at least forthe first entry for the METV)

I am surprised that the METV can be obtained without a flight ticket out of Thailand (for the first stay of 60 days) as some claim but I am not going to check every embassy and consulate requirements.

Yes it's correct that when applying for an METV the thai embassy in Brussels requires an onward flight ticket for the first entry.  However, I applied at the honorary thai consulate in Antwerp which does not require an onward flight ticket.  Their website says > Kopie vliegtuigticket (minimum heen ticket) - Copy flight ticket (minimum one-way ticket).

And as mentioned I applied - boarded - entered Thailand 3 times on an METV in the period 2017 - 2019 on a one-way ticket and was never queried for it.

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...it took Thai Airways over 30 days to issue hat credit".

Not "total BS", then, if you got your refund.

Count yourself lucky,

i never get any credit for my hat.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:55 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

I know you're a fountain of knowledge with any visa cases, but are you sure?

I know from a friend who recently came to Thailand with a SETV from Austria. There at checkin they would not let him board because he had no return/onward ticket.

Fortunatelly his brother - living in Thailand - already had bought two tickets to Laos which he had to email in the middle of the night to his brother waiting at the Vienna airport.

Without that he would have been denied

They have asked for return tickets at the Embassy in DC.  Airlines have gotten much more strict on it.  Lufthansa made me sign something saying I would be responsible if denied entry.  The lady at American ORD asked me about it, but allowed me to explain how retirement extensions work.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:03 AM, padoo said:

(First Entry) Date of Arrival in Thailand _____________Flight No. ________ Date of Departure from Thailand _________ Flight No. _______ (Second Entry (For double – entries visas only) Date of Arrival in Thailand _____________Flight No. ________ Date of Departure from Thailand _________ Flight No. _______ Duration of Proposed Stay _______ days Signature ____________________ Date ______________ Attention to Tourist and Transit Visas Applicants I hereby declare that the purpose of my visit to Thailand is for pleasure or transit only and that in no case shall I engage myself in any profession or occupation while in the country. Signature _____________________ Date _____________

it states pleasure on the application and no profession or occupation 

PLEASURE a feeling of happy satisfaction and enjoyment.

TOURIST 

a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.

VISA APPLICATION FORM Royal Thai Consulate-General, Sydney Level 8, 131 Macquarie St. Sydney NSW 2000

i have asked the embassy to look into the matter and confirm if a return ticket is required or not on a 60 day visa from Australia 

17 minutes ago, padoo said:

i have asked the embassy to look into the matter and confirm if a return ticket is required or not on a 60 day visa from Australia 

It seems you can't read very well.

Why do you need to ask any embassy about if a return ticket is required? Can't you find the Thai Embassy website in Canberra using Google, or the consulate in Sydney? This is what it says on the Royal Thai Consulate's website in Sydney regarding return tickets when applying for a SETV or METV:

"A copy of airline ticket indicating the date of arrival to and departure from Thailand."

It's quite clear imo. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

It seems you can't read very well.

Why do you need to ask any embassy about if a return ticket is required? Can't you find the Thai Embassy website in Canberra using Google, or the consulate in Sydney? This is what it says on the Royal Thai Consulate's website in Sydney regarding return tickets when applying for a SETV or METV:

"A copy of airline ticket indicating the date of arrival to and departure from Thailand."

It's quite clear imo. 

28 minutes ago, padoo said:

28 minutes ago, padoo said:

i have left the return section empty 3 times and have got the visa  i have never been asked for a return ticket from io till now 

so yes i can read but it was not a requirement to provide this information   and everyone says no return ticket required on 60 day visa 

why dont we wait for the embassy in Australia  to decide  as they provided the visas circumstances alter cases 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Parker2100 said:
23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

They don't check up on what you write in that section when entering the country.

Did you forget?

Man!  You don't keep up on the news, do you?

When where you here last?

I haven't forgotten anything.  They do not check up on that TM6 information at the Immigration counters at the airport!   Try to keep up.

Been here for 26 years this year, why do you ask?

10 hours ago, padoo said:

Why? Firstly you are unlikely to get a reply but more importantly, it doesn't matter what they say. As I keep repeating, what matters is what happens at the booth on entry.

As ubonjoe pointed out to you earlier, there is no rule that states you have to have a ticket out when you have a visa. The rules are available online I believe and as such will be printable. You could print them and wave them in front of the officer when you arrive at immigration but it won't get you in - they know full well there is no such rule. They will not take any notice of what any remote embassy/consulate has to say. I am also certain that even if such an embassy/consulate tells you no ticket out is required, they will not put that in writing.

You should also be aware that, as with most (all?) countries, a visa does not guarantee entry, the decision on whether to allow or deny entry rests with the officer in the booth, on the day.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2020 at 3:09 AM, ChipButty said:

Time to sell your condo and get a new G/F in Vietnam

Yes, It looks look a perfect alternative. Especially as they start to put regulations for visas there too. ???????? The free zones for non-tourists living full time on the wrong visas as well as working without WP in asian countries is over.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, Just Weird said:

I haven't forgotten anything.  They do not check up on that TM6 information at the Immigration counters at the airport!   Try to keep up.

Been here for 26 years this year, why do you ask?

Thats why you don't know.  Because you are here and only have to report your residence evey 3 months.

You shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about.

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:29 PM, padoo said:

i have left the return section empty 3 times and have got the visa  i have never been asked for a return ticket from io till now 

so yes i can read but it was not a requirement to provide this information   and everyone says no return ticket required on 60 day visa 

why dont we wait for the embassy in Australia  to decide  as they provided the visas circumstances alter cases 

reply from embassy

In order to avoid any problem that can occur at the immigration check-point, you may need to provide return flight tickets.

On 2/8/2020 at 1:30 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Doesn't really make sense. Don't they have all the entries in their computer data base?

Yes, they do.  But they want to see where else you have been and if you had immigration trouble in other countries.

They also want to see if you have been back to your own country or if you are living in Asia.  IDK why, but they often consider living in Asean as living Thailand.

I have been sent to the "Interrogation room" 2X.  And I have explicitly been told to leave Asia and go back to the USA.

I believe it is racial.  Like tellng a Mexican to go back to Mexico.  As if the rest of the world does not exist.

They think they are standing up for other Asean countries.

Or don't want their competitors to get the money they are turning away.