Best deal on air purifiers?

davidupatterson

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Depends on your idea of "expensive". I find the Xiamoi 2s on Lazada at 4k is a good buy and a great machine IMHO.

Agree, had two for over a year now, can't fault, just remember to buy replacement filters before the pollution starts to get bad and the price increases!

• Like 2

I bought a second xiaomi mi air purifier 2s last week. You can get a slightly better deal on the "Pre-order" on lazada if you are willing to wait a week, I got mine for 3290 baht (+109 for shipping), ordered it Jan 20 received it Jan 29.

46 minutes ago, yokat said:

I bought a second xiaomi mi air purifier 2s last week. You can get a slightly better deal on the "Pre-order" on lazada if you are willing to wait a week, I got mine for 3290 baht (+109 for shipping), ordered it Jan 20 received it Jan 29.

If your filter starts creeping up (say not sealed windows with AQI 200 outside), push the top button (or in app change to Manual and first time choose biggest size of room, 35 or 39 m2, whatever it shows) until it shows a heart on the screen. At that point the motor will spin up like a jet engine and it should drop pm2.5 to 003-004 within 10-15 min, depending on how leaky your windows are. To return it to Auto mode, press same button on the top until it displays A, or in app, tap on Auto.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wimpy said:

Is there a major difference between the Chinese and global versions?

Chinese version requires you to set app location to Mainland China and is all in Chinese. Global version is in English or whatever language you set in app, and can set location to Thailand. If you don't connect it to Wifi and control with app, there's no difference hardware wise. There were reports (and I don't have China version to test this) that China version kicks the fans in later than global version, which would indicate differences in tuning, however that's talk on forums that might not even be true. Hardware wise they are identical. Take same filters (light blue (standard), purple (antibacterial), green (anti formaldehyde) and gray (advanced HEPA) - there is no geographic lock despite NFC chip in each filter. The above is true for 2S and 3H. Probably Pro. Not sure about other models like Max or AirDog.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

If your filter starts creeping up (say not sealed windows with AQI 200 outside)

With the current terrible AQI a single air purifier will maintain one of my rooms at 15-20 in auto mode. I put them in a corner of the room, turn them on in auto mode, turn off the screen and forget about them. I bought a second one because the air doesn't circulate much between my rooms so the unfiltered room was at about 30 when the filter one was at 10.

I use the boosted mode (heart) when coming back after a long holiday or when cooking goes wrong and the sensor goes crazy.

Can someone please explain the advantages, if any, for the app for the 2S? I guess if I wanted my bedroom filtered, as I drive home from town, the app would allow for that. Otherwise, what am I missing by manually turning on and changing between settings vs using the app? Yeah, I'm a neanderthal. Even prefer a phone that, gasp, just allows for phone conversations.

1 hour ago, Duvidl said:

The smartphone app with the Mi 2S allows you to manually adjust the speed of the fan from your phone which I don't think you can do on the unit itself.

True, in manual section where you select room size also...

This link (selling 3H model) has nice comparisons between the models in description.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/pre-order-28-xiaomi-mi-air-purifier-3h-global-pm25-i575696530-s1062492835.html?spm=a2o4m.order_details.just4u.5.5bd96108SR0cq0&clickTrackInfo=2bc603d2-e617-44e3-8f3e-1f5ed7edc102__575696530__5578__i2i__155292__4.1089997__6.6226573__0.0__0.5810656__0.0__6.6226573__4__null__null__null__null__null__null__

Note, it's pre-order, and only has 3 months warranty. I'm not posting it because I'd suggest you to buy off this link, but to see the differences below, mostly between 2S and 3H.