Video: Pattaya ghost town...Coronavirus decimates tourism as staff go home for high season

webfact

3 hours ago, JomtienRay said:

There are plenty of farang tourists in Jomtien.. 

...and the usual Thai weekend crowd! With the beach football championships ongoing it was as busy as it ever gets down there on Sunday afternoon.

Thailand put all it's eggs in one basket (Chinese tourists) but then failed to watch that basket closely.

Lots of Russians here in Jomtien, for what that's worth...

BTW how do you tell a "lonely speedboat" from run of the mill speedboat? Other examples of this silly sort of creative writing reject style in article

2 minutes ago, legend49 said:

A few days ago there was 6 photos of Phuket beach showing millions of tourists, lol

Took me ages to get down soi Buakhao early afternoon yesterday, it was packed! All the fuss about soi 7 and 8 is misplaced, it has been desolate long before any yellow peril. 

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Many farangs love to pronounce, THE END!!  I don't know why, since they live there; however, their misery must have company.  The baht is still relatively strong, no panic yet.  I just want to be with these farangs during their last few weeks....I'm sure they will regret all their negativism.  

For me, i'm not that old so I don't care if 1 billion or 0 people come here.  I'm not on a retirement visa.  We need new threads, "Pattaya end of days."  Probably posts dating back to 1700 BC.  Then we need the "Thailand Apocalypse coming".  1 zillion pages.  

This virus is certainly a BLACK SWAN, no question.  But this swan isn't changing our life habits.  not yet.   Gold at 10,000....20,000....let's first wait for 2,000.  

Have you noticed a difference in the western tourist numbers in recent times, particularly before the virus outbreak? 

Would you say western tourist numbers were up, down, or equal, to last season, and would yo then say they are up, down, or equal, to 3 years ago?   

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Guide Kritthisak Kanlomsumaso, 45, said it was terrible for him and other guides. Many had just gone home as there was nothing to do. 

Businesses like restaurants that cater to Chinese tour groups were paying staff half wages. 

Some had sent their staff home for a month as well. 

Hotels that cater to the Chinese were all but empty. 

I am sorry to say, but Som Nom Na Thai people.

One gets what ones sows, and all that. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, thequietman said:

So, you're speaking on their behalf then, yes?

Can I presume that you are Thai, or just another foreigner with nothing to add. ????

Perhaps the member meant, a Thai politician doesn't care about what another Thai person thinks or says.  ????

It is very convenient for you, for all that has happened in the past, decrease of tourists, poor economy, recession (all things you didn't want to hear anything about) blame the Corona Virus.
Realize that Pattaya has always been a destination for sex tourism, you have decided to raise it to 1. Class family resort, this is one of the main reasons for the loss of tourists!

• Like 2