Arriving Suvarnabhumi with flu-like symptoms...

EbhB

So... Due to a flooded basement, I've got an allergic reaction that gives me some symptoms that are not a good thing these days... Might be a cold, but anyway I'll arrive Bangkok this Wednesday!

What I do know for sure is that its NOT corona-virus, been alone in the woods here for as long as the incubation periode is ????

Got a 1 year non-B & carrying the work-permit, flying business so I'll use the fast lane.

Guess it will not be a problem, but if so what could happen? How should I avoid some very unfortunate consequences if I get worse during the flight?

I'll arrive from Norway, no cases there yet, but then logical thinking is not always what bureaucrats are famous for...

I do know most airports have doctors on call, anyone know if they are checking actively these days?

Edited by EbhB
added info

Not really, a low one if at all... But that might change during the flight.

Guess I'll take Ibuprofen right before passing immigration ????

Will also use & bring some medication for allergies, and try to explain & stick to the story if any problem...

Yeah, should be totally OK... But always prefer to check any (new) details when passing immigration!

Finally being on non-B multi-entry feels GREAT ????

...and I even enjoy paying taxes in Thailand these days, its just a totally different reality altogether

I was pondering the same issue last week when arriving from Vietnam. Have a chronic sinusitis, that occasionally becomes acute for a few days with runny nose and low grade fever. Decided to travel through Cambodia entering at land border, where absolutely no screening was taking place. 

Worst case scenario you get quarantined for up two weeks. 

Edited by thecyclist

Worst case yes... Will bring a huge stack of paper & lots of pens then, since I'm writing on a manuscript anyway!

Any idea if things like these could be "negotiable" to any extent? As in choosing hospital, maybe getting family to guarantee taking me directly to somewhere etc, etc...

Also, will that be a complete rip-off? Guess it will be covered by travel insurance somehow, but can imagine all sorts of problems with paperwork!

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

if your nose is running try antihistamines.

I am thinking Norway is not a issue with Corona virus.

good luck.

Thanks for sharing ways to defeat the quarantine procedures currently in force at Thai airports.

Morons.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, mngmn said:

Thanks for sharing ways to defeat the quarantine procedures currently in force at Thai airports.

Morons.

Oh, a genius that knows all has arrived!

Also, you are sooo right, anyone should always trust any rules at all times!

I guess I've done it all wrong for 5 decades.... I'm sure I'll end up rich & powerful if you mentor me - please say you are willing?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, EbhB said:

Oh, a genius that knows all has arrived!

Also, you are sooo right, anyone should always trust any rules at all times!

I guess I've done it all wrong for 5 decades.... I'm sure I'll end up rich & powerful if you mentor me - please say you are willing?

My comment relates to the stupidity of sharing the details of drugs that can be used to defeat screening measures at airports on a public forum in the middle of what looks like becoming a pandemic.

Nothing to do with being a genius, trusting rules at all times, or god forbid mentoring you.

Mods?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, EbhB said:

My issue is your wording.

Going from calling people morons to yelling for mods, kinda pathetic to be honest...

Apologise for moron.  But maybe you need to reflect on why your attitude makes people react with anger.   You are planning to do what many would be quick to criticised this woman for doing.  Selfish stupidity.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51231593

• Like 1

...reading carefully is a skill that is useful.

This is 100% certainly NOT a corona-virus, its an allergic reaction I've had before - worst case a cold on top of that.

There has been NO cases here, and I've spent almost all the timespan that makes for an incubation period alone in the woods anyway!

No, I will not give in to bullying - not my fault if people cannot read a post properly, has no experience from the real world or has a need to police others.

Thanks for the apology for using morons, though!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, EbhB said:

...reading carefully is a skill that is useful.

This is 100% certainly NOT a corona-virus, its an allergic reaction I've had before - worst case a cold on top of that.

There has been NO cases here, and I've spent almost all the timespan that makes for an incubation period alone in the woods anyway!

No, I will not give in to bullying - not my fault if people cannot read a post properly, has no experience from the real world or has a need to police others.

Thanks for the apology for using morons, though!

I look forward to full details of how to avoid Thai airport screening being posted on TV.

8 minutes ago, mike787 said:

I just came through from europe and they are aggressively scanning everyone.  Be prepared for either quarnatie or denied access.  Worst case scenario.  

Thanks, will try to get it checked even though I know its some kind of allergy...

Might also be totally OK when travelling tomorrow, so planned on just leaving - but "aggressively scanning" makes it better to have some paper to show I'd guess!

12 minutes ago, EbhB said:

Hope so, on the line with a local, commercial clinic now! ????

Yes it's the way to go.

Get a certificate (In english) from a public hospital

or a doctor (Not a private clinic as Thai authorities could not be inclined to trust their statement) explaining what you have exactly and stating it's not the coronavirus, just in case. (Don't show it if nobody ask you something at the airport)

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

Just now, kingofthemountain said:

Yes it's the way to go.

Get a certificate (In english) from a public hospital

or doctor (Not a private clinic as Thai authorities could not be inclined to trust them statement)

explaining what you have exactly and stating it's not the coronavirus, just in case.

(Don't show it if nobody ask you something at the airport)

This is Norway hehe, NO possibility of getting them to state anything that there is not a confirmed test for...

Also will have to be public, state appointed physicians only admit you the same day if your're close to being stone dead - its a horrible system in my opinion!

But, will visit an MD I've used at the private clinic for a while tomorrow & see what I can get, got a long history of upper respiratory tract symptoms that I can also just get a printout of ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EbhB said:

This is Norway hehe, NO possibility of getting them to state anything that there is not a confirmed test for...

Also will have to be public, state appointed physicians only admit you the same day if your're close to being stone dead - its a horrible system in my opinion!

But, will visit an MD I've used at the private clinic for a while tomorrow & see what I can get, got a long history of upper respiratory tract symptoms that I can also just get a printout of ????

I understand

anyway the certificate need to be writen in english by the medical staff or translated

by a certified translator or it shouldn't be accepted by the Thai authorities.

Good luck and have a nice travel.

• Like 1

Got checked by a doctor before I left, he also gave me a general certificate on underlying illness & medication - very useful as I might sometimes get a fever and light symptoms that could be perceived as a flu from that...

Suvarnabhumi was almost all empty! Passed a scanner, but the people managing it seemed to be half asleep haha, welcome to Thailand! ???? Love that relaxed attitude, most of the time!

But... Wonder how it would all be if (and hopefully not when) it really takes hold, if the worst numbers being leaked from China it could still be VERY bad...

• Like 1