Chiang Mai: Police act after sign at restaurant goes up stopping "Chinese and foreigners" due to virus

webfact

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

And we don't want xenophobes like yourself (and Trump etc) in Thailand, using anything like this as an excuse. Xenophobia, racism, and bigotry are far more harmful and dangerous than a virus which is now treatable with antiviral drugs and which most people will survive intact.  Go away and stay in your nice safe house full of white Aryans. 

That was swift.

Rooster

• Haha 1

Well, seems the they are trying to protect their regular customers and you can not blame them as most likely their majority income comes from Thai people. I would not allow or want to associate with anyone from Wuhan province at the moment.

Have you people any idea what BKK would charge you for 14 day stay and coronavirus treatment at their facilities???

Call me what you want... but look at... trend of these unusual viruses... SARS etc ... always from China...seems history repeats itself.. and why??.. as these people never learned the first time around.. and there will be more....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why that noodle soup shop owner thinks that the virus only select foreigners !

No, but as far as I remember the corosavirus came from China, did it not?

They are simply trying to be careful. I'm sure they would rather have tourists in their restaurant because that = Money  

Edited by Kaopad999

Read about how Wuhan residents are treated in China if they happen to be visiting a different region.  They are not served food or even allowed to stay in hotels.  The government got involved and directed the local authorities to make sure there are available facilities to have them stay.  That is they are all housed in a designated hotel or whatever, there is nothing mandating a change in the behavior of the individual business establishments.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

No, but as far as I remember the corosavirus came from China, did it not?

They are simply trying to be careful. I'm sure they would rather have tourists in their restaurant because that = Money  

So where should the Chaineze and other foreigners eat ?

During most of the Nineties western foreigners were not allowed to use the services of the high-end massage establishments in Bangkok popular with Thai businessmen. That was because of the then widely held belief that HIV was mainly spread by westerners.

There weren't many Chinese citizens around in those days but other Asian foreigners (Japanese, Taiwanese, Singaporeans etc.) were welcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twix38 said:

Absolutely fine. If I owned a restaurant I too would not want any section of the population who could kill me by passing on an easily transmissible virus. 

The racist, PC mob can get stuffed. Out of an abundance of caution I reserve my right and that of any staff to remove the risk at source not via an ineffective mask.

Couldn't agree more. You must be a descendant of Typhoid Mary. ????

Near the Chinese ambassy in Bangkok several restaurants have signs that the Chinese aren't welcome in the bar or restaurant.

My wife was laughing out loud last Saturday as she noticed a sign, on Ratchadayphisek Soi 3 near the embassy, written in Thai saying that the Chinese weren't allowed to enter. Several restaurants copied the sign as they all don't speak any chinese nor English. Chinese can't read Thai...

Also saw a sign myself yesterday.

We don't serve Corona.
We don't drink Corona.
We don't sell Corona.
We don't have Corona.
We don't want Corona.
Corona is not welcome here.
Take your Corona somewhere else.
We are Corona free and we want to keep it this way !!!

At Top's Toko they're having a new hit, what is currently sold out. The Corona Burger. A pimped and spiced up burger, made from pork and chicken with a 5" diameter. To be served on a bun with pickles, roasted onions, a spicy ketchup or hot sauce and some lettuce.

When entering Thailand at the airport discrimination already starts. Also when leaving Thailand from any airport. Signs with Thai ONLY, as a foreigner you can't use the line for Thai ONLY at immigration. Never seen a sign in Europe saying German, Dutch, Belgiums only on any airport.

Edited by Tops
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe well known Restaurant wont be open for much longer now word is out 

So what you took sign down but have made your feelings known now 

Good Luck in what ever venture you try next 

Love You and bye never to return to you establishment 

must share with friends so know to stay away