Keep the calls coming! Tunisian teen arrested on overstay in Chonburi

webfact

Keep the calls coming! Tunisian teen arrested on overstay in Chonburi

5pm.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that a Tunisian teenager was arrested by Chonburi immigration on Friday.

Mahmood H., aged just 19, had overstayed his visa by 69 days. 

The media asked the public to call 1178 to report such infractions.

Naew Na continued to follow a standardized template for such reports. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-03
  • Thanks 1

I guess Mahmood is in a bad mood at present time. Only 69 days. That must 5uck big time! However, another one invited to get the feeling of what pleasure a stay in the famous IDC has to offer. Please do not forget to login in and tell us you great experience.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I do think "overstay" is used as a convenient way of getting someone out of the country who is suspected of some other, more serious, offence. There may not be sufficient proof of the other offence being committed so kicking someone out for overstay achieves the objective.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dg1980 said:

Question: how many TV members would call in if they knew someone on overstay?

If it’s not a black and white issue, what would your criteria for calling in be?

Would never do it, not the way I was brought up.

Especially, and definitely for something as trivial as overstay.

16 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

69 day overstay is an overstay

I recall a Brit who was recently nabbed for a 5 day overstay. Many do that and pay the fine at the airport. How would an informer know you were on overstay if they had no access to your visa?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dg1980 said:

If it’s not a black and white issue, what would your criteria for calling in be?

I wouldn't report an overstayer as such. If they do something beyond merely overstaying that I'd feel the need to report (such as, poisoning dogs or molesting children), I would consider reporting them for overstay, as - sadly - that seems to promise the quickest results with the otherwise mostly useless plod.

12 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Not my business.

I've known plenty of overstayers over the years, some decent, some not so much, however, it's not my job to report anyone.

I'll leave the grassing, through some perceived self important sense of 'civic duty',  to the 'superior' members here who have never, ever, ever done anything wrong ever, to ensure these 'criminals' get what they deserve.

Were the person guilty of a more serious crime, then maybe I'd report them for that, but other people's visa woes aren't my business. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dg1980 said:

Is there a bounty similar to what I think Bangkok was doing for people that reported motor bikers riding on sidewalks? 

All these deported expats and others unable to maintain the immigration conditions are going and gone. Central and Big C may not care but the laundry shops, fruit sellers, guesthouses, etc. certainly do.

The best thing to happen would be that Thai is brought to their knees (colonized while we're at it) and have to rewrite immigration laws and attitudes. Philippines -- no visa run for 3 years!

18 hours ago, dg1980 said:

A dog owner.  A loud motor bike owner.  A drunk driver.

15 hours ago, champers said:

I recall a Brit who was recently nabbed for a 5 day overstay. Many do that and pay the fine at the airport. How would an informer know you were on overstay if they had no access to your visa?

A hotel worker or similar who saw your passport?

Edited by jacko45k

18 hours ago, Caldera said:

I wouldn't report an overstayer as such. If they do something beyond merely overstaying that I'd feel the need to report (such as, poisoning dogs or molesting children), I would consider reporting them for overstay, as - sadly - that seems to promise the quickest results with the otherwise mostly useless plod.

if they were poisoning all these stray dog biting people causing accidents craping in the streets sorry no problem  

21 minutes ago, balo said:

The only reason for a young Tunisian to visit Thailand must be work, somehow I cant see him coming from Tunisia to have a vacation in Thailand. 

There is a wealthy elite and a relatively braod middle class (for arab countries) in Tunesia. To insinuate he's here for work is not far from the habit of IO morons that expect the same of us westerners.

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

There is a wealthy elite and a relatively braod middle class (for arab countries) in Tunesia.

I'm sure there is, but this teen seem to be on an "extended" vacation.