Buying air ticket with Credit card without carrying credit card?

I want to buy Nok Air + Aeroflot tickets with credit card. But this credit card is back in Europe (my old card expired, bank send me new one to my parents house and parents just send me its numbers, and Im ever since using it for online payments).

A few year ago I was stopped at check in at the airport and I had to show them credit card that I used for payment. I can't remember which air line it was. Maybe Emirates or Aeroflot, don't know.

What is your take with flying without carrying CC with you? Card is in my name and everything.

Just a thought'

Can you link your credit card to a Paypal account and then pay that way.   Linking should be possible as you have the CC details.  That way, I don't think that you would be asked to show the card at check-in.  I'm not sure though so maybe some other forum member could confirm, or otherwise.

I was asked to show the cc when boarding a TG flight from Munich two years before. But I booked the flight with a company cc which was not on my name.

If the cc is in your name you should have no problem. A copy of your new card could be helpful if they'd insist to see a proof.

On 2/3/2020 at 4:50 PM, jackdd said:

I have never been asked to show a credit card, but i guess all airlines write in their terms that you have to present the credit card upon checkin.

So it's your choice if you want to gamble or not.

The last time an airline checked for a credit card was because they had advised when I paid for the ticket that I "might" be required to present the same CC at check-in. However that was at least 5 years ago

On 2/3/2020 at 4:44 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

I want to buy Nok Air + Aeroflot tickets with credit card. But this credit card is back in Europe (my old card expired, bank send me new one to my parents house and parents just send me its numbers, and Im ever since using it for online payments).

I regularly buy Nok Air tickets both for myself and others using a non-Thai credit card - I've never been asked to show it at check-in and neither have the others for whom I paid and with whom I'm not traveling