BANGKOK
john west

How to get a tourist visa for the UK for a Thai National

Hi tried a search and want to find out how one can get a tourist visa for the UK for a Thai National and is it done on line or an agency. Thank you

Done online, save your money, no need for an agent, application is straightforward. 

• Like 2

The main thing to satisfy the office is that the visitor will return to Thailand after visa expires. That can be hard to prove if don't have genuine reasons to return.

Problem is apparently too many Thais have overstayed in the past, so thank them for making it hard.

Personally I never bothered as a BG with no property etc had basically no chance of success. I'm not saying that your friend is a BG, but mine was.

• Like 1

A job can be sufficient as a reason to return. Exactly what my wife used back in 2015 and a letter from her employer was supplied. If the ECO has any doubts they will call to confirm with either the employer, the applicant or both.

I'm in the same boat. Other than her house (in her own name), she has nothing, how do we prove that she will return.

I'm thinking it might be harder as we're married, would they think that she's likely to try and stay? She only wants to visit for a month. Our plan is to live in Thailand in the not-so-distant future.

Do they have to take a language test? speak English

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

No.  That's only required for Settlement visas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Language Test is for a Spouse Visa, not required for a Tourist Visa

• Like 1

I've known a couple of women get refused and not BG's one had been to England before and the next time she applied she got refused, whether she was upto no good I dont know maybe she was on the game while she was there 555

Its not that hard as long as you sponsor her. My wife has had 3, 1 year visa's and is now coming to the end of a 5 year visa. Next year we intend to apply for a 10 year. My wife stays in the UK with me for 4.5 months every year mid May until October. It does help however if you travel with her and live with her in Thailand. We use that as the main reason to return along with owning a property a car and a motorbike.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1