My hero. Politician Paveena Hongsakul. Angel of the Poor

Yinn

On 2/3/2020 at 7:46 PM, DannyCarlton said:

No farangs involved in this story.

Farangs are heavily involved in their own countries just like Thais have in their own country. Most farangs don't have guts to do it in Thailand. Eighty percent farangs come to Thailand to marry prostitutes and get wife visa to live here on their meager pensions.

Some farangs marry prostitutes and then engage in trafficking Thai girls also. Here is a story.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/06/us/thailand-us-sex-trafficking-charges/index.html

Edited by murikamba

On 2/3/2020 at 11:22 PM, chickenslegs said:

Paveena Hongsakul and her foundation do great works in Thailand, but I'm sure that you must be aware that the majority of sexual abuse, human trafficking and exploitation of women (Thai and foreign) in Thailand is organised by Thais.

I would hope that anyone who were to seriously  consider abuses against minorities anywhere would not understand that whatever those abuses are inflicted primarily by their own society.

But how  many consider or even object to the  basis of those abuses?

I congratulate Yinn on the presentation of this  item because it has made  me more aware of the  fact that despite the callous generalized opinions so often voiced here in TVF that in Thailand there remains  a core of people who battle against the instilled apathetic selfish disregard of those that (perhaps ?) encourage aspects of that  abuse.

• Like 1

Paveena / Pawinaa (ปวีณา) seems to be like a woman with her heart in the right place. Caring about the normal people and the poor. Their struggles and in particular the issues faced by (some) women.  Thailand needs considerate, caring people like her. Too bad not many of them can be found in parliament and other such positions.  This country could do so much better, the people deserve better. 

• Like 2

On 2/4/2020 at 2:56 AM, Antonymous said:

If anyone watched this (Paveena) video (and you all should) and wasn't moved to tears, then you have a heart of stone.

Indeed, I was moved to tears. Such hardships and such beautiful people who genuinely try to eradicate or at the very least combat the true evils of society while assisting those in need. And not being in it for personal fame or glory (Pawina walking turning away and asking that poor mother -who tried to grovel before her- not please  to throw herself to the floor said it all). 

I don't think Paveena is loved by all Thai ppl, at least those in Bkk where she stood for governor in 2004 and lost. She was seen as proxy for Thaksin and this was only 12 months after the war on drugs, so much for human rights.

It's been alleged her foundation only works on high profile cases, ones where she always gets lots of media exposure. She can be seen parading child victims who are wearing balaclavas. This is a blatant violation of their dignity and is purely a publicity generator for Ms Paveena.

Not a fan.

Anyway, what is this doing in Farang Pub and Entertainment forum? Is she planning on opening a bar like Empower did in CM?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

This, you must ask Yinn who opens posts everywhere on this forum;
she too, like Anutin, should think before doing;
him before opening it
and her
before using her computer keyboard.

But as most have understood for quite some time, she knows everything better than we , farang

I bow to your greater wisdom, this fact has only recently dawned on me, I was probably in denial as I wished it weren't true.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I bow to your greater wisdom, this fact has only recently dawned on me, I was probably in denial as I wished it weren't true.

I don't have much merit; many of us here have quickly noticed;
I can even say that our transam friend was certainly the first to open our eyes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Really? This nonsense invalidates your whole post.

A 60-year old single retiree comes to Thailand and after a few months of bar hopping magically find a GF and after couple of years marry her and move to Issan on a marriage visa. The same person who could not find a mate in their homeland to marry. Most people who find a mate to marry in their home land don't come to Thailand, they go to Spain, Portugal, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, etc.

Edited by murikamba
  • Confused 6

23 minutes ago, murikamba said:

A 60-year old single retiree comes to Thailand and after a few months of bar hopping magically find a GF and after couple of years marry her and move to Issan on a marriage visa. The same person who could not find a mate in their homeland to marry. Most people who find a mate to marry in their home land don't come to Thailand, they go to Spain, Portugal, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, etc.

What on earth has this got to do with the work of Paveena? Sounds like you've got a large chip on your shoulder. Not getting enough?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Have you got a list of those who campained to remain in the EU too? Any cross referenced? 555

Nooooo, I tore that one up as they are now history, this one is still ongoing.............????.......☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2020 at 11:22 PM, chickenslegs said:

Paveena Hongsakul and her foundation do great works in Thailand, but I'm sure that you must be aware that the majority of sexual abuse, human trafficking and exploitation of women (Thai and foreign) in Thailand is organised by Thais.

and or family members......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Many foreign tourists (expats not included) go to bar beers for one reason and one reason only, to get prostitutes.

Many Thai women go to beer bars for one reason and one reason only, to get farang. It's a personal choice. As long as it's consenting adults we should mind our own business. Has Paveena said differently? Not sure of the relevance of your comment.

14 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

she's potty of the year.... maybe have the right to do 555 ,,,,right from the start I gave up answering her non sense/one way track mind posts .... and yet, mon Dieu,  here I am reading one, silly me 555

I will just check to see if you are on the list........:whistling:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Looks like some of the blinkers have finally come off!

Pretty hard to keep them on (God knows I've tried 555) with the post POTY posts.

I would have posted the original version but no doubt it would have been deleted.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Pretty hard to keep them on (God knows I've tried 555) with the post POTY posts.

I would have posted the original version but no doubt it would have been deleted.

It was pretty obvious before tbh but fair play. 
Good tune. 

She seems a decent person who has done some good. Can’t say it bought tears to my eyes. 
Middle to Upper Class MP gives something back to society. 
Pretty run of the mill story and behaviour in most civilised Countries. Bringing in the Children’s Act etc so recently shows how behind they are in many ways. 

As has been said I’m sure there is an inside story to all this. 

Right, enough of this, I’m off for a pint in a beer bar.......also nothing to do with this thread. 

Edited by Kadilo