Air Asia Baggage charge

I am booked out from Don Muang to Brisbane in April with Air Asia. I have paid the extra to allow me 20 kg of baggage but first have to fly from Surat to DM . I will fly Air Asia and this will have to be on another ticket but am wondering if AA will charge me extra again to carry baggage. Has anyone done a flight like this from Surat with Air Asia.

Edited by Huckenfell

On 2/4/2020 at 6:34 AM, Huckenfell said:

but am wondering if AA will charge me extra again to carry baggage

As the above have said, YES, point to point, and they will charge you even if you are over 1kg more so book each journey online.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As the above have said, YES, point to point, and they will charge you even if you are over 1kg more so book each journey online.

My ticket cost Bht 6300 it could have been less but i paid another Bht 1400 for meal,seat selection and 20kg of baggage

9 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

My ticket cost Bht 6300 it could have been less but i paid another Bht 1400 for meal,seat selection and 20kg of baggage

AirAsia charges for each leg.  If you buy multiple legs on a single ticket, they'll just combine the baggage charges for each leg. 

They reopened the Surat - KL route, it is usually cheaper to fly from KL,  I've paid before around 2000 baht  KL-Sydney when they had the big sales.

However their baggage charges are among the lowest and if you decide later you need more the extra charge when purchased online is not as steep as Jetstar.  I fly often with them as they have the easiest packing requirements for bicycles.

If you fly often with them you can get the Bangkok Bank Airasia credit card, which comes with a few perks like baggage vouchers when departing from a Thai airport, free soft drinks and free hot seat if available. I'm about to try these perks next week ????

I'm flying in less than 2 weeks to Sydney from Phuket with Scoot, paid 3800 baht a few months ago,  no check-in baggage, no meals, no seat.  I think with the current coronavirus panic I won't have problems choosing a seat on the spot ????