Thailand Requires Chinese Tourists to Show Medical Certificates

webfact

46 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Is it possible that 'some' of the eateries they are herded to may be chinese owned and the bill is paid by the chinese tour operator, not by the customers, the chinese owner then filters profits back home.

I'm not saying that's how it is, I'm just asking the question.

of course they are chinese owned even the food distribution is now being bought by the chinese it will soon be a situation where the chinese use the thais to feed their people and the thais won't be able to afford to buy their own food just look at the food inflation as of late if you need proof...

Edited by tlandtday
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chinese family asking me about this the other day does every other nationality have to have this certificate I was honest with them and said no only Chinese they were not happy that the Thai government are making them get one, I guess that will be all over the internet in China soon

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, overherebc said:
16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Really?  How do they exist while they are here if they don't spend any money?  There's lots of Chinese in restaurants, do they get the food free?

Is it possible that 'some' of the eateries they are herded to may be chinese owned and the bill is paid by the chinese tour operator, not by the customers, the chinese owner then filters profits back home.

I'm not saying that's how it is, I'm just asking the question.

So the money would still be being spent and going into the economy, yes?  And, if the tour operator pays the bill where does he get the money from...the tourists!  If a group of people go to a restaurant, who pays the bill there is irrelevant as long as it gets paid.  Just a suggestion.

• Sad 1

How up to date do these certificates have to be?

Since the virus can take up to 14 days to incubate, without showing any symptoms, would a test be able to determine if one was already infected?

Thailand has to say something to defend their open door policy to the Chinese. What else are they going to say? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Since the virus can take up to 14 days to incubate, without showing any symptoms, would a test be able to determine if one was already infected?

Sure, a PCR test. Which would be available for about 0.00000000001% of the tourists (those that work in a biolab themselves). Other than that, well, I'm all for taking a full blood screen on each Chinese and not letting any one with anything deviating from the median by more than 0.05% in anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

Not the best idea.

The powers that be seem to be forgetting the 14 day incubation period, the face that the normal,everyday, hard working Thais want nothing to do with the Chinese and the rest of the world are avoiding them like the plague (which is what it is).

The Generals are trying to cling on to a strong baht for as long as possible.

The amazing Kingdom and Thailand people should be thought of first and foremost.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 3:51 AM, tlandtday said:

of course they are chinese owned even the food distribution is now being bought by the chinese it will soon be a situation where the chinese use the thais to feed their people and the thais won't be able to afford to buy their own food just look at the food inflation as of late if you need proof...

Sadly theres a lot more truth in this than people might realise. 

On 2/4/2020 at 7:29 AM, steven100 said:

I think this is a good initiative done by the government. At least it's one way of assisting in stopping the spread and it's better than nothing at all. 

Have you not heard of the 14 day incubation period. How will this certificate work.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:40 AM, steven100 said:

TV whinges & moaners brigade are out this morning I see. At least this idea will go some way to help stop the virus from entering Thailand. 

But hey, there are some farang you just can't please .....  :clap2:

OK Steven    tell us how will this certificate work,  will one have to see a doctor about 14 days before it is signed due to the incubation period, or what ?

6 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

People from China are flown into Australia and put straight into Quarantine.   People from China are flown into Thailand and go straight to cities and beaches. Why the difference Mr Prayuth. Are the Aussies crazy ?

What are the numbers going into Australia versus Thailand?

Chinese tourists 11 million to Thailand versus 1 million to Australia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Top_25_arrivals_by_nationality

Do you think Thailand have the resources putting 11 million in quarantine?

You might as well quarantine those people from Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia because these have high number of cases too.

Do you think it is practical?

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd check the website of the Thai Embassy in Beijing for any mention of medical certificates being required of Chinese citizens coming to Thailand via Visa on Arrival.

Maybe the Embassy is slow in updating their webpages like many Thai government entities. Or maybe there's a mention hidden away in some Chinese language only page that I can't find and Google won't translate. But for the pages I can find, I don't see any mention of such a requirement being imposed.

https://thaiembbeij.org/th/thai-service/visa/

1784286915_2020-02-1116_56_32.jpg.b8df4d431bfa7f66b1816d66ef536274.jpg

• 1 month later...