Thailand Requires Chinese Tourists to Show Medical Certificates

webfact

5 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Then explain how the certificate will identify persons carrying the disease during the incubation period.

And explain why the Chinese of Hong Kong and Singapore are racist for wanting all persons, regardless of race, to be banned from entry?

Hong Kong and Singapore are known to be anti-mainlanders from what I read even though they are of the same race.

It's a case of being arrogant and they think they are better just because they are richer. Just pure ignorance and nonsensical arrogance.

They are very small countries the size of island, so they don't know that it is nonsensical to ban huge countries like USA, Canada, China just because one city got the virus. 

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Hackney35 said:

So many things wrong with this it actually made me laugh out loud when I read the headline.

Maybe someone should explain what a 14 day incubation period means to the geniuses who thought this one up.

HK have the right idea about the virus, no qualms about closing the door to their mainland brothers to protect themselves. 

Exactly correct.... the certificate is only valid the second it was written... if at all.

After the certificate was issued the person could have contact with a carrier.

Thai buffoons at work again !

Having ignorance in your own office is one thing, displaying it for all to see in the world is pure Thainess

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Hong Kong and Singapore are known to be anti-mainlanders from what I read even though they are of the same race.

It's a case of being arrogant and they think they are better just because they are richer. Just pure ignorance and nonsensical arrogance.

They are very small countries the size of island, so they don't know that it is nonsensical to ban huge countries like USA, Canada, China just because one city got the virus. 

Okay, so you've explained why banning main landers isn't racist.

Nowe explain why its sensible to allow entry to persons who have a piece of paper declaring them disease free, when it's impossible to know if they're carrying it during the incubation period?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Then explain how the certificate will identify persons carrying the disease during the incubation period.

And explain why the Chinese of Hong Kong and Singapore are racist for wanting all persons, regardless of race, to be banned from entry?

I have already explained Hong Kong and Singapore's situation. Most are quite anti-mainlanders as demonstrated by the recent Hong Kong protest.

There is no 100% protective situation, some Americans are HIV carriers so do you see countries banning all Americans just because a small percentage have them? There is an incubation period for AIDs carrier too.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Maybe take a break from your digging. The hole is big enough already.

You should take a break from digging nonsense here. 

So if there is a virus outbreak from New York, it is logical to ban all Americans as far away as LA from entering Thailand?

But it is not logical to ban Canadians from Toronto which is nearer to New York just because they are from different countries? 

It goes to show the mentality of certain people here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I think this is a more sensible approach rather than a blanket, racist ban like what some countries do.

Most countries don't block Chinese. They block anyone who has transited from China in the last 14 days. If it's one of their citizen then they put them in quarantine. 

Edited by Tayaout

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

So you think this s not a good idea  ??  what do you expect ?? all you do is moan and bitch about nothing so why bother living in Thailand if it's such a bad place, seems a terrible waste of your life having to put up with such a bad country.  Go back home if it's that bad. :laugh:

I think you'll find that a lot of people have come to that conclusion recently and gone home........ to a better country.......  Also it's a poxy idea, he should of banned the lot just like Singapore and HK........ but that takes balls.....      Here's why.......

A major Chinese official said China urgently needs medical masks to slow the spread of coronavirus. This comes as the death toll rises above that of the deadly SARS virus. ...........  Imagine this happening in Thailand.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Chinese tourism where close to 11M people in 2019, that's about 30,000 Chinese arriving in Thailand daily. Massive blow to the Thai economy. Tourism is vital to Thailand.

The Chinese don't spend money how can they be good for the economy ask restaurant and bar owners

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, john davis said:

The Chinese don't spend money how can they be good for the economy ask restaurant and bar owners

I read a news article that quite a number of Thai people are jobless now. Can't remember that link.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

bits of hard-to-authenticate paper

Did you mean impossible to authenticate ? Let me detail how this will most likely be checked (in this order):

- Is it in Chinese ? Yes, I can't read it, you're good to go

- Does it say you're clear AND has your name on it AND is signed/stamped ? Yes, you're good to go

- Was it made by a doctor ? 555 I don't care that much, welcome to Thailand

This requirement is ridiculous on two counts:

1. Certificates can be forged or the IO can choose to waive the requirement.

2. Even if strictly applied, patients can have the virus for a week and still not show signs of it in a blood test.

This strikes of desperation by the Thai authorities 

Will do anything to get the Chinese tourist in who is going to issue these certificates a bit late now the virus is getting worse every day in China total ban should be enforced until the problem has been resolved

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

TV whinges & moaners brigade are out this morning I see. At least this idea will go some way to help stop the virus from entering Thailand. 

But hey, there are some farang you just can't please .....  :clap2:

Try to do that in Singapour! You will see if the whinge & moaners brigade are some farangs you just can't please! 

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Will be as useful as the health certificates Thai bargirls need to get!

I know many bar girls and personally I have never seen one with a certificate.  In fact, I don't know any who actually go to a doctor unless they are sick.  Even if they did have a certificate, who would check.

5 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I know many bar girls and personally I have never seen one with a certificate.  In fact, I don't know any who actually go to a doctor unless they are sick.  Even if they did have a certificate, who would check.

Anyone who has a Thai drivers license has seen a meaningless medical certificate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harada said:

The statements are getting more bizarre every day, they need someone with at least a modicum of intelligence to take control of the situation or I fear it will quickly get out of control, and I'm sure that if that is the case those responsible will take their usual coarse of action, slither off to their overseas penthouses.

But isn't PM Prayut personally in charge?

Oh!!