Thailand Requires Chinese Tourists to Show Medical Certificates

webfact

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Seems like they should have to show the certificate prior to being allowed to check in for the flight?

Asking for it in the VoA channel or at an arriving immigration desk at BKK or DMK seems like a a bit late. If they don't have it then what? Denied entry and returned?

Expect less travellers (from China), but longer queues!

4 hours ago, peterkroll said:

The Chinese government is lying big scale.

Trust those medical certificates, trust the Chinese, you will see how you end.

Now it's just another 10 -14 days left and you will see and understand, hopefully.

Checked WHO latest this morning. China etc admitting to almost 20,000. ( 19700 ) and counting.

Pakistan has started in/out flights to China again.

Edited by overherebc

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Checked WHO latest this morning. China etc admitting to almost 20,000. ( 19700 ) and counting.

Pakistan has started in/out flights to China again.

Oh great. Neighbour to India. If I was the virus, I'd be having a party. Another billion or to to dive into.

• Like 1

if and a big IF these (clowns) people cared about Thai citizens & residents safety they would have cancelled ALL flights from China, closed the country to all and any arrivals from China, as so many of their neighbors did but here the greed is taking over and today just for curiosity checked Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui airports arrivals, guess what, these 3 still receing flights from China, thus Prayut and the gang are absolutely not concerned about people's safety/well being but only worried about the $$$$$$ ...... same as China, they also claimed all flights OUT of China cancelled 555

Just realized that ALL airports in Thailand are still allowing flights from China to land, it's unbelievable this government doing that and Thai people not doing anything about it

Edited by Mavideol
correcting airports info
  • Like 2

Its an impossible ask. There are not enough kits to check for the virus. Plus its sometimes taking 3/4 tests to confirm people have coronavirus! A temperature check is virtually pointless bring that the virus has an incubation period of up to 14 days. Is a holiday out of China for Chinese really worth the risk that they will spread the disease and possible kill people? ????????????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justin case said:

reality check :   0 new cases for a week in thailand ?

come on ...

and still letting chinese in ... how stupid can you be, ah yes, self elected scum

But 405 cases of sick people in Thailand who are "under investigation" as possible coronavirus cases and awaiting lab test results, as of yesterday's latest govt. update, which was up almost 100 cases from just one day earlier.

Lately, the sick people seem to go into the Thai government's testing protocol for the coronavirus, but lately, hardly any completed test results coming out afterward....  The test results "pending" number just keeps growing and growing.

How do you explain that?

--Thailand has the slowest testing protocol  in the world?

--Their testing capacity has been totally overwhelmed by the current crush of suspected cases?

--They're slow-walking the test results in order to avoid numbers that are drastically higher than those already reported?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, so yesterday some guy put a sign up saying no CHinese and farang and was condemned for it, All that will happen now is he'll legally ask that they provide a health certificate from a Thai doctor done in the last few hours for admittance - which will be unlikely

I just bought my medical certificate for the driving license. This was a 2 minutes job on the side of the road. 

Don't forget you are in Thailand, everything is avaiable of purhase

it is only a question of the price

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

China is as huge as the whole of Europe and twice the population. 

If the epicenter is in London, it is not racist to ban all tourists from Europe?

A country is a political boundary and not ethnic boundary. 

FYI, China blocked only one province which is equivalent to one country in Europe in terms of land mass and population.

As far as i know the Virus escaped through Quarantine zone, if you look the map of China you will see that its spreaded in all provinces, so yes it seems to me logically to ban all Chinese, but if we stick to the topic MR. Prayut cannot accept loss, so he is trying to find another way to manipulate people of Thailand for they are being safe -medical certificates- well even if these few months would be hard for Thai economy until this settle down i really see big scale problem if Virus start spreading in Thailand than Thailand will not lose only Chinese tourists but ALL of them because nobody will want to go on holiday into contaminated country with deadly virus. 

Edited by NB1986
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicken George said:

Its an impossible ask. There are not enough kits to check for the virus. Plus its sometimes taking 3/4 tests to confirm people have coronavirus! A temperature check is virtually pointless bring that the virus has an incubation period of up to 14 days. Is a holiday out of China for Chinese really worth the risk that they will spread the disease and possible kill people? ????????????

Absolutely right. Carriers can spread the virus before showing symptoms, and while showing symptoms, so letting in hordes of Chinese tourists is like playing Russian roulette...

Expect thousands of infected and dozens of dead in Thailand over the course of the year.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, NB1986 said:

As far as i know the Virus escaped through Quarantine zone, if you look the map of China you will see that its spreaded in all provinces, so yes it seems to me logically to ban all Chinese, but if we stick to the topic MR. Prayut cannot accept loss, so he is trying to find another way to manipulate people of Thailand for they are being safe -medical certificates- well even if these few months would be hard for Thai economy until this settle down i really see big scale problem if Virus start spreading in Thailand than Thailand will not lose only Chinese tourists but ALL of them because nobody will want to go on holiday into contaminated country with deadly virus. 

I don't think escaped is the correct expression. Prior to the realisation of what virus it was many many chinese started travelling city to countryside and countryside to city because of the holiday season. The virus was well travelled before the first big lock down in Wuhan

Edited by overherebc

Perhaps the ones that DO come won't be made to feel very welcome anyway, and will return to China with  less than favourable reports of Thailand as a holiday destination?

So let a few in - treat them like lepers, and they will spread the word on their return home, and hopefully the Chinese will take their custom elsewhere.

Then, once again, hopefully (because that old chestnut, FACE comes into play) the Thai Government may realise that long and short stay "farangs" do have something to offer after all! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thequietman said:

One can only assume that the doctor's note will be in Chinese. So, will the immigration officer be able to understand the document and see that it is, in fact, a proper doctor's note from a Real doctor? 

Still think it is a good idea?  ????

Translation software ring a bell?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

OMG, medical certificates for the Chinese? What should the rest of us expect? Mandatory rectal thermometers?

With 24 hour round the clock monitoring. Watching people walk around with a strange limp will be interesting.

3 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Translation software ring a bell?

I would really like to see what Google translate does Mandarin->Thai. Probably something loosely translated as "big apple hungry yellow mango yesyes nocando".

Edited by DrTuner