Radio host Rush Limbaugh announces lung cancer diagnosis on air

webfact

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Absolutely!

Rush Limbaugh denied health risks of smoking years before lung cancer diagnosis: ‘I would like a medal for smoking cigars’

Years before conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh announced on his show Monday that he’d been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer, he downplayed the health risks of smoking on his show...

During a discussion with a caller to “The Rush Limbaugh Show” back in April 2015, Limbaugh denied second-hand smoke was a danger and said it takes 50 years for smokers to get cancer.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-rush-limbaugh-smoking-effects-cancer-diagnosis-20200203-4ma66mowazektovzh7hg2aynhq-story.html

He must have spent too much time in "smoke-filled rooms". Anyway, he may well survive with advanced treatments available in the US.

6 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

The guy is a ass. Having said that I would not wish that on anyone. Unlike a certain guy that has been tossed off of YouTube five times and now off a website for constant harassment and attacks on others. Continues to attack a man dying of cancer and harassed a man dying of heart disease in Thailand. The great messiah is running out of options on the internet to attack others. Sickening that he and his cult attack those that are dying. But Mr. Right Wing deserves to be treated with the respect that his chances of living much longer are about nil.

Bender deserves cancer. No question about that.

3 minutes ago, pegman said:

Bender deserves cancer. No question about that.

The concept of Karma is in the realm of superstition but I've always felt it's bad Karma to wish or celebrate ill health or death on others. I accept that's not really rational, in similar ways that religious faith is not really rational, but I'm more comfortable feeling that way but I won't judge others that don't. 

• Like 2

Another thing to consider. Where there is life there is hope. Although incredibly unlikely as long as "Rush" is alive and experiencing his horrible disease, he just might become more of a decent human being and put his support behind basic civilization in health care (universal) like pretty much all civilized countries, but tragically in the U.S. under the influence of red baiting ideologues like "Rush" it's labeled as communist and ruinous to the nation. Yeah, I know, when pigs fly. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think "Rush" has been over the decades a despicable, divisive, and negative influence on American society. In other words, I see him as a villain. But I don't see any good reason to take any joy in human suffering, even of very bad people. 

Well I guess that is something. Unfortunately, as usual, instead of just saying that you disagree with someone else's ideology, you assign hatred to the person. This is the typical left approach. You assume that a person is evil just because you have a different opinion and ideology. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well it is unseemly, but I find it hilarious that the right wing agenda that actively works to oppress numerous minority groups, calls opposition to their hateful agenda intolerance. No it isn't. 

Where is this mystical active oppression you speak of precisely? Or is this just another ideology thing, again? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Where is this mystical active oppression you speak of precisely? Or is this just another ideology thing, again? 

Mystical? Hilarious. 

If you don't already know about the anti-minority group policies of the American right wing then I really can't help you. Google is your friend. Do not bother baiting me further. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Another thing to consider. Where there is life there is hope. Although incredibly unlikely as long as "Rush" is alive and experiencing his horrible disease, he just might become more of a decent human being and put his support behind basic civilization in health care (universal) like pretty much all civilized countries, but tragically in the U.S. under the influence of red baiting ideologues like "Rush" it's labeled as communist and ruinous to the nation. Yeah, I know, when pigs fly. 

I too wish Rush and his family all the best in the coming bad events - lung cancer is extremely aggressive and vereyt few ever get better at his stage.   And only a seriously mentally ill person would wish ill will on someone with such a diagnosis.  And I respect you for not being like some of your liberal 'allies'.  We are poles apart politically - but we are both humans.

Having said that - and in response to your hope that Rush may become a convert to your side - may I say that perhaps this situation is also a chance for liberals like yourself (and those middle grounders not yet committed) to reflect upon their political opinions in the light of greater events - being the imminent death of a person through a terrible disease.

By that I mean do you really feel that those around you are decent people?  And therefore, are their political views also perhaps not something that you really share with them?  I remember very well when Maggie Thatcher died and the many thousands of liberal/union protestors along the path of her procession through abuse and various objects at her funeral procession.  That is not the attitude and actions of reasonable human beings, and I have heard and seen similar reactions by the liberals at many times in the past.  And I draw your memory to the aftermath of Trump's election victory and the following violence and continued hatred and abuse.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never seen such bahaviour when a leading left wing liberal has died, nor did I see such behaviour after Obama was elected - twice.  Maybe time to rethink things?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, VillageIdiot said:

Rush Limbaugh's 15 minutes of fame inexplicably lasted more than 30 years.

For sure.

The "shock jock" phenomenon happened within our lifetimes and says a lot about our peculiar society.

It's related to the celebrity culture in general but has its own galaxy of stars.

Don Imus, Howard Stern, Sean Hannity, and others with a gift of gab and not much else.

5 hours ago, Chiphigh said:

Scrubbing? If you mean purging of voter rolls in line with the state regulations, then ok. If you are implying that they just remove people because of race or political parties, you are wrong. If you have any real evidence, please don't hesitate to provide it. 

Thank you 

No, he means that even the conservative Supreme Court has ruled against Republicans' racial gerrymandering.

• Like 2