Private Teaching

hello to all here i am new on this forum and it is my first post here.hope many of you will reply to this topic and share your point of view.

as here most of us farangs dreams is to get a job and work in LOS someday,so as it is obvious it is really not easy to get a job or work permit in thailand but in many cases i read that if you do something that is benefit to thai community so then you can have a chance.

so now i ask you is it possible that i can teach swimming and aerobic in some hotels as a foreign teacher and also can i give private english and french course to thais??

i think these are also some kinds of benefit to thai community.please reply me so that i can know if i am wrong or right.thanks anyway.

The answer is: yes, you can do these things, if you can find an employer who will hire you to do them, and provide you with a work permit.

You cannot legally pursue this sort of work as a "freelance" worker, outside the labor rules for foreign workers.

Your situation sounds pretty unlikely to have a good outcome - but, I can imagine one scenario:

High-end hotel serving European clientele hires you as an aerobics (fitness)instructor, and then also slots you into a program to develop and improive the language skills of front-line service personnel - in both English and French - and also serve as final editor of hotel announcements and literature in both languages.

Separately, I know foreigners who have landed jobs at a five star hotel as fitness instructor (and spa manager), and also one who was hired to manage the English-language skills development program (and proof-edit English documentation) at a different five-star hotel in Bangkok.

Never say never - but you probbaly have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Good luck - bon chance!

Indo-Siam

thanks dear friend indo-siam for your kind and long details reply.thanks as you mentioned never said never as we must always be optimist.so now as you are right i must have someone to back-up me.yes now its time to move to LOS to look 4 some kind of such opportunity.thanks a lot friend and hope others also can add their point of view here.

• 2 months later...