Rayong: Friend douses his pal in gasoline and sets fire to him at coin-op pump

webfact

Rayong: Friend douses his pal in gasoline and sets fire to him at coin-op pump

7pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

77kaoded reported on a story that has shocked Thailand. 

Two boys - one aged 8 and the other 9 who attend the same school and are neighbors in Pluak Daeng, Rayong - were playing marbles near a coin operated gasoline pump. 

The younger boy put money in the pump and spread gasoline over the ground and over the lower half of his older friend. 

Then he set fire to him. 

The older boy's mother came home from work on Saturday January 25th to find her son in agony from burns from his waist down over both legs and through his groin. 

7pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

He was taken to Pluak Daeng Hospital and later to Rayong Hospital where he is now recovering. 

The boys are in the second and third grades of primary school. 

It emerged that people who saw the incident helped to put out the flames and remove the boys burning clothing. 

The latest is that the family of the victim have decided not to seek compensation from the other family. 

The younger boy is being assessed by social services. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-04
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The latest is that the family of the victim have decided not to seek compensation from the other family. 

What! That should not be necessary. The parents that are such bad teachers of what is right and wrong as well as teaching discipline should be forced to pay and thrown in jail. The boy should be sent to an institute to be thought the things he missed in life.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The younger boy put money in the pump and spread gasoline over the ground and over the lower half of his older friend. 

dunno who is the daftest. the kid pouring out the petrol or the dafter kid maybe standing there watching him do it and letting him set fire to him. Darwinisms finest

6 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Didn't occur to them to send him to hospital?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

It emerged that people who saw the incident helped to put out the flames and remove the boys burning clothing

I think you've jumped the gun a bit... 

the witnesses reacted to the situation by putting out the flames and removing burning clothing... which is correct as it minimises the burns, then get emergency services on the way.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Two boys - one aged 8 and the other 9 who attend the same school and are neighbors in Pluak Daeng, Rayong - were playing marbles near a coin operated gasoline pump. 

Looks like he lost his marbles.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

Cant understand why no one called ambulance and have him to hospital.

You can put out the fire, but never remove clothes.

It can rip the skin from the body.

All you can/must do then is put the one in water, to cool down the fire spots long time, the burn goes on in the body and has bigger impact on body and recovery. Even dirty water is better then no water at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, South said:

Kids will be kids ..... who out of everybody reading this has have done anything stupid?

Agreed, horrible accident and nobody has suggested one of the kids had any malevolent intent. I had a helluva time stopping my (around) 9 year old playing with lighters. Around that age, they're fascinated by flame and finding out what burns and what doesn't. Got to the point that every time I found a lighter from the two itinerant smokers on the property laying around, I would bin them and tell them as much when they were having an, "I left it here somewhere" moment. The hassle of buying a new one versus keeping it in your pocket finally prevailed... just abound the same time my lad's nascent interest in pyromania waned.

WRT your question, possibly only those who maybe think they've never posted anything stupid?