Jump to content
BANGKOK
Smokegreynblues

Private Teacher Aid Fund For Foreigner Teacher??

Recommended Posts

Hello, In many Thai private schools there is an additional fund established under the 2550 Act of the same name, this enables Teachers working in private schools to get certain benefits. This is different from the social security contributions that a normal place of work provides. Since private schools are exempt from registering under the social security act, the private teacher fund fills in the gap. There is a 3 % salary deucted to pay towards the fund whereas the school puts another 3%  hence a total of 6% of salary every month goes to the fund, This though seems small but enables savings of 800,000 baht in 10 years time. Which is significant for a long term teacher.

 

My question is, can Foreign Teachers with a permanent 5 year teaching license able to register for this fund or is my school is giving me the runaround saying I as a foreigner teacher cannot register?

 

I have a <deleted>ty insurance private that covers nothing, nor can i apply for social security health card and get free treatments, can I at-least pay into this fund or is it out of the question too? The law says nothing that foreigners cant pay into the scheme.

here is the website in Thai if anyone is interested to know about it. http://www.aidfunds.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been here 17 years and worked every school type imaginable and never heard of this. If it is available it surely won't be for foreigners. Good luck on your quest and keep me updated...🍻

Edited by LazySlipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 11:56 AM, LazySlipper said:

Been here 17 years and worked every school type imaginable and never heard of this. If it is available it surely won't be for foreigners. Good luck on your quest and keep me updated...🍻

I inquired with the office and sent emails, even read the law, it does not make a distinction between a foreign and Thai teacher(Point me if i am wrong, I cant read Thai, so i read the translated version). However after a friendly phone call and asking other people to contact them, the answer I got was foreign teacher's are not allowed to participate in the said fund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 11:56 AM, LazySlipper said:

Been here 17 years and worked every school type imaginable and never heard of this. If it is available it surely won't be for foreigners. Good luck on your quest and keep me updated...🍻

It started in the year 2550. i.e. roughly 12 years, So it is fairly new.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troll post removed.   Please keep it civil. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...