Rules on power banks come into effect

snoop1130

Rules on power banks come into effect

By The Nation

800_d298910e19556c3.jpg

The cabinet has approved draft ministerial regulations subjecting all portable backup batteries (power bank) to the Thai Industrial Standards Institute (TISI) standard, said Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul on Tuesday (February 4).

All power banks, she said, must now meet the TISI standards, safe to be used by consumers and limited in the damages it may cause.

“The definition of portable backup batteries means a portable energy storage device that has a rechargeable battery. There is at least 1 channel of electric charge circuit with the output voltage not more than 6 volts, including a backup battery that supports fast charging to recharge electricity and electronic equipment,” she said.

She added that this draft ministerial regulation was issued in accordance with the Industrial Product Standards Act and TIS 2879-2560 standard for the safety of consumers.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381594

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-04

27 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

So can't import them without a TISI license and can't retail them without a TISi sticker?

Someone will be along selling these stickers ?

"portable energy storage device that has a rechargeable battery."........ 

So have 3 or more rechargeable Torches, drinking water rechargeable pump, 3 or more rechargeable Mossie zappers, My rechargeable hair clippers, Dogs rechargeable hair trimmer, my rechargeable beard trimmer, 2 x rechargeable toothbrush..  3 x UPS units guess that would be classed as rechargeable ?  and of course Laptop, 2 x Smartphones, 2x power banks, Tablet, 2 x rechargeable mouse.. that is just what I can think of

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ignis said:

So have 3 or more rechargeable Torches, drinking water rechargeable pump, 3 or more rechargeable Mossie zappers, My rechargeable hair clippers, Dogs rechargeable hair trimmer, my rechargeable beard trimmer, 2 x rechargeable toothbrush..  3 x UPS units guess that would be classed as rechargeable ?  and of course Laptop, 2 x Smartphones, 2x power banks, Tablet, 2 x rechargeable mouse.. that is just what I can think of

Car battery.

9 hours ago, ignis said:

The only product you quoted above that this applies to is your 2 x portable external power banks, not to batteries inside products or your UPS.

Edited by Estrada
  • Like 1

great, now more worthless chemicals from worthless stickers from worthless companies producing real pollution for a worthless product.

I will then have to look for the other sticker that says, "That other sticker is real and not fake, so buy buy cheap price good luck you buy now."

12 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

That would include my phone,Ipad and laptop then.Also anything rechargeable?Car battery?

Read the article a bit further.     Not more than 6 volts.    

What kind of car do you Have?????????

Edited to add: AND the article as well as it's caption specifies "POWER BANKS"

Edited by kensawadee
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Yep so those widgets used to power mobile phones. 

Anyone dismissive of TISI should attempt to import some toys for resale.

My comment on the 6 volts was to the poster who said car battery.

And I am not dismissive of TiSi.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, ignis said:

Does the missus have any "appliances" that are rechargeable?

16 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

So can't import them without a TISI license and can't retail them without a TISi sticker?

Just s little bit off the subject but might help travels with these power banks. I was stopped at check in BKK carrying 2 power banks ..both were well below the legal amp. For travel. But the label on one could not be read so could not prove it was the other was ok.  1 of them I could not travel with ..so if you can't read it don't take it.   

Edited by Harveyboy
Spelling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Estrada said:

The only product you quoted above that this applies to is your 2 x portable external power banks, not to batteries inside products or your UPS.

OK thanks I think

not to batteries inside products--------------- not at all sure what has or has not, these things are all so lightweight these days + sealed so you cannot look inside...... told the chip is halve the size of a SIM card is why so lightweight.. 

On 2/5/2020 at 3:10 AM, kensawadee said:

Read the article a bit further.     Not more than 6 volts.    

What kind of car do you Have?????????

Edited to add: AND the article as well as it's caption specifies "POWER BANKS"

forget the exact wording. no officer will care. he will have his very personal interpretation just as always