Toyota Vigo Shock Absorber, how much do you pay, what do you install ?

rech

hi,

Wondering for someone who never changed its Toyota Vigo Shock Absorbers.

Do you know if prices and products at Bquik are acceptable ?

https://www.b-quik.com/en/product/shock-absorber/search?b=47&m=1281&y=1349&pp=5&sort=price

Front Shock Absorber - TOYOTA INNOVA, VIGO 2WD

Price 1,250.00 Baht

Anything better / cheaper ? Do you change them at Toyota or any service center like Bquik ?

Thank you.

I had my Mazda BT50 serviced at BQuik, there were slight seepage on both back shocks, they quoted me about 3500baht for the pair, told them not to bother. I will closely monitor and let it develop and also instructed my wife to drive slower over the speed bumps.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, transam said:

My Vigo rears cost 800bht each at B-Quik for stock replacement.....They do a heavy duty version which they took off as they overode the springs...Stock are perfect..

So do you think they charge 1000baht per shock for fitting?

58 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

If thats the fitted cost then thats reasonable IMHO.

Yes 2000 baht sounds reasonable, but when you think that 2000 baht is £50, it sounds a bit pricey, especially as it only involves 4 nuts and bolts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes 2000 baht sounds reasonable, but when you think that 2000 baht is £50, it sounds a bit pricey, especially as it only involves 4 nuts and bolts.

Ask Toyota their supply and fit cost....????

B-Quik will cost you 1780 bht with a one year written guaranty....44 quid..

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Ask Toyota their supply and fit cost....????

B-Quik will cost you 1780 bht with a one year written guaranty....44 quid..

It's a Mazda BT50 Trans, but I suspect they'll be very similar if not the same?

1 minute ago, transam said:

Oooops, sorry.......1,450bht each for Ford and Mazda.....???? 

So basically they are charging about 800 baht a pair for fitting, which is reasonable and not worth getting my hands dirty. Thanks????

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

You think they drive the vehicle into the bay, lift it on the hoist and remove the wheels for free ?

Edit:..... ahh yeah my post in reply to your question about price I read it as 1000b for the shock fitted............... not 1000 just for fitting.

Edited by Don Mega

Just now, Don Mega said:

You think they drive the vehicle into the bay, lift it on the hoist and remove the wheels for free ?

We had already paid them to do that as we were having it serviced, and being a time served mechanic with city and guilds I am very aware of the practices of garages, but thanks for your help anyway, much appreciated.????

1 minute ago, vogie said:

We had already paid them to do that as we were having it serviced, and being a time served mechanic with city and guilds I am very aware of the practices of garages, but thanks for your help anyway, much appreciated.????

your question about price (1000) was for shock including fitting or just fitting ?

10 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

your question about price (1000) was for shock including fitting or just fitting ?

We were quoted somewhere in the region of 3500 - 3800 for two rear shocks fitted, Trans has said that these shocks are 1450 baht each, which in total is 2900, so now I know the price of the shocks, it works out at a price of 600 - 900 for fitting, which seems fair enough to me. ????

1 minute ago, vogie said:

We were quoted somewhere in the region of 3500 - 3800 for two rear shocks fitted, Trans has said that these shocks are 1450 baht each, which in total is 2900, so now I know the price of the shocks, it works out at a price of 600 - 900 for fitting, which seems fair enough to me. ????

Thanks for the clarification... they are some exxy OEM shocks !!

Just now, NanLaew said:

The "Look at how well qualified but very old I am" post of the day award goes to...

And the troll of the day post goes to......... If you have nothing to add to a debate other than trolling, you might be better searching for a topic more suited to your style of posting.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vogie said:

And the troll of the day post goes to......... If you have nothing to add to a debate other than trolling, you might be better searching for a topic more suited to your style of posting.

Hey! As a fellow recipient of three bloody City and Guilds certificates, I am somewhat mystified by your prickliness. In the meantime, do you have any ideas about where in life your sense of humour deserted you?

Just now, NanLaew said:

Hey! As a fellow recipient of three bloody City and Guilds certificates, I am somewhat mystified by your prickliness. In the meantime, do you have any ideas about where in life your sense of humour deserted you?

A joke, when will the punchline arriving?

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Think you have derailed this topic enough already, ignore.

True, I drive a Ford anyway.

I tellya though, it's not often we get a time-served and highly-qualified motor mechanic asking for advice on changing shocks on't internet?

• Haha 1

I just changed mine front and rear and the suspension was a bit spongy and I think the shocks were old - maybe as old as the vehicle 2005 !   Researched and bought new ones on Lazada during New Year sales - they are superior to what anything you will get at BQuick or other instant fit place and those places will not fit your own purchases - thay only fit what they supply ( not the best )

My garage fitted the new ones and definite improvement in suspension and recoil over rough terrain .  Much better dampening effect .

You get what you pay for !    

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jen65 said:

I just changed mine front and rear and the suspension was a bit spongy and I think the shocks were old - maybe as old as the vehicle 2005 !   Researched and bought new ones on Lazada during New Year sales - they are superior to what anything you will get at BQuick or other instant fit place and those places will not fit your own purchases - thay only fit what they supply ( not the best )

My garage fitted the new ones and definite improvement in suspension and recoil over rough terrain .  Much better dampening effect .

So what is the name of your secret shocks that only you can find.

Funny to think that Bquik will install bad quality parts when they just prefer to install good ones and sell them more expensive.

Anyway it's good that people can still dream their life ❤️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jen65 said:

I purchased adjustable Cambo shocks for my ride off Lazada (3600 for the front, 2800 for the rear), massive improvement over the spongy OEM ones.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rech said:

So what is the name of your secret shocks that only you can find.

Funny to think that Bquik will install bad quality parts when they just prefer to install good ones and sell them more expensive.

Anyway it's good that people can still dream their life ❤️

Who said Bquick installs bad quality parts ?..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1