Chiang Mai: Family in lucky escape after stopping on the rails at level crossing

webfact

Chiang Mai: Family in lucky escape after stopping on the rails at level crossing

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that three members of a family were fortunate to only suffer minor injuries after the car they were in exceeded the barrier and stopped on the rails at a level crossing in Chiang Mai.

The incident happened at the Yang Nerng crossing in Saraphi district. 

A local family were doing the morning school run. In the Vios was father and driver Ronnachai Temdee, 41 and passengers Khanita, his wife, and their nine year old daughter Siriyakan. 

They were hit by a Bangkok to Chiang Mai train. 

The car was badly damaged on the front and rear after it was hit on the front and propelled into concrete work on the trackside. 

news_QuDosoDYPM160321_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The occupants were taken to hospital but only suffered minor injuries. 

The train was delayed by 30 minutes. 

Daily News said that CCTV showed that the car had stopped over the tracks and that a prosecution was in the offing. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-05
  • Haha 1

No fixing stupidity

BUT saying that ,the level crossing by my home has been more or less broken for about the last week.... barriers are permanently down warning signals running but no trains

solution you have to risk crossing, as barriers are down it slows traffic a disaster waiting to happen

railway knows about it we get the odd engineer fiddling with electronics.. fix last about an hour

not too worry we will have a flyover completed by october!

Edited by poohy

It is kind of funny now reading this at 2200, with the rain falling gently and, breathing the 100% totally pure clean air at our little farm in northern NSW in Oz. Almost surreal. My Thai wife, washing the dishes ('cos she won't let me, as she says I don't do it properly) had just said "I hope you don't die for a long time - I am never going to be able to learn to drive (our daughter to school) - you already know how Thais drive". Seriously ! Then I showed her this prang on my laptop. She nodded and said "tumma-dar" there - (normal/usual). I drove through this crossing at least a hundred times on my way to Big C or Makro in the six years my wife and I lived in Saraphi after building our house, between 2008 and 2013. I lived in Changers for over twenty-five years, until I got laryngeal cancer from the foul air. Now in remission after radiation and with the Saraphi house sold,  we aren't ever going back, (at least according to the boss).  I never had a problem driving or motorcycling in LOS, but I saw the aftermath of at least a dozen really bad accidents at this same location, with so many cars written off, but never by trains, just by idiot locals, who couldn't drive to save themselves. Goodnight !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Beggars belief....probably stopped to use the phone :whistling:

Skipped under one barrier at the last second as they didn't want to stop and then couldn't get under the one on the opposite side.... big mistake.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

and driver Ronnachai Temdee, 41

So the assumed professional 'driver' had only one job to do - drive them around safely. Instead he somehow ends up with the whole family stuck on the middle of a rail road track. Classic.

Edited by thenewgoo
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

It is kind of funny now reading this at 2200, with the rain falling gently and, breathing the 100% totally pure clean air at our little farm in northern NSW in Oz. Almost surreal. My Thai wife, washing the dishes ('cos she won't let me, as she says I don't do it properly) had just said "I hope you don't die for a long time - I am never going to be able to learn to drive (our daughter to school) - you already know how Thais drive". Seriously ! Then I showed her this prang on my laptop. She nodded and said "tumma-dar" there - (normal/usual). I drove through this crossing at least a hundred times on my way to Big C or Makro in the six years my wife and I lived in Saraphi after building our house, between 2008 and 2013. I lived in Changers for over twenty-five years, until I got laryngeal cancer from the foul air. Now in remission after radiation and with the Saraphi house sold,  we aren't ever going back, (at least according to the boss).  I never had a problem driving or motorcycling in LOS, but I saw the aftermath of at least a dozen really bad accidents at this same location, with so many cars written off, but never by trains, just by idiot locals, who couldn't drive to save themselves. Goodnight !

Why don’t you send her to an approved driving school if there is one in your area.

My Thai wife passed her so called driving test whist visiting here on holiday one year, after seeing the farce it was when we returned to Australia she learned to drive correctly and after the three year mandatory period got her unrestricted licence.

She is as good as any driver I have seen but rather critical of her fellow Thai drivers.