Amazing Thailand! Thais mock engineers after picture of buried hydrant goes viral

webfact

Maybe whoever was in charge of shutting off the water and properly configuring the hydrant, government agency probably, would not get it done in a timely fashion. If I was the contractor doing the footpath with a full crew and equipment on site I'd have done the same and let whoever is truly at fault sort it out later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Credit where it is due! apart from the small matter of a buried hydrant which probably has no water feed, the footpath is the "best" I have ever seen in Thailand!

Have long wondered if they were trying to promote a high risk adventure coarse that they were going to promote to the "new" tourists they are hoping to attract!

I survived the footpaths of Thailand T-shirts going on sale soon.

If the hydrant has no feed maybe someone else may along soon to dig it up leaving the sidewalk messy or a hole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why people laugh at us? Say the contractors, we were told to lay new concrete.

That is exactly what we did, nobody said avoid the hydrant.????

Except they made a special effort for the hydrant? Not to mention the idiot contractor who got the hydrant elevation wrong. 

Too many wrongs don't make anyone right.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HOAX said:

Looking at the picture, the fire hydrant isn't the only "engineering" flaw. In addition to the Pisa poles in the middle of the walking path, you already know the ground preparation is horrible and the cement blocks is of the lowest quality possible. Within a month or two people will already be tripping all over the wavy, uneven, cracked and loose blocks.

Should it be flagged ? ???? 

On 2/5/2020 at 6:20 AM, CGW said:

Credit where it is due! apart from the small matter of a buried hydrant which probably has no water feed, the footpath is the "best" I have ever seen in Thailand!

Look a little closer. Yes its faily level and nearly straight but they've either bedded those flags on concrete or pointed them with very wet cement the joints look awful and wil look worse when they go white - its all over the flags. If I had to bet I'd say they're laid on concrete. Still, that's probably the best way for them - judging by the state of some of the footpaths.