BANGKOK
Pib

AIS TV to Drop Many Western Channels Like HBO Channels Effective March 2020

HooQ was pretty <deleted> anyway IMO, most of what they had that wasn't cartoons or just plain junk was really dated.  I stick with AIS (and their laughably described) Premium Plus merely for the Fox Movie channels in addition to the Thai channels and Fox Thai etc. and took out a subscription to HBO for their movie channels and HBO Go via the Android app which I just 'cast' to the TV.  Ended up being cheaper overall. Far easier to see the programme schedule with the HBO app too vs the garbage Playbox schedule.

Is it possible to replace the AIS Playbox with another third-party box and then add their App/Service?  I miss having access to third party apps ever since they neutered the Playbox.

On 4/10/2020 at 7:39 AM, SooKee said:

HooQ was pretty <deleted> anyway IMO, most of what they had that wasn't cartoons or just plain junk was really dated.  I stick with AIS (and their laughably described) Premium Plus merely for the Fox Movie channels in addition to the Thai channels and Fox Thai etc. and took out a subscription to HBO for their movie channels and HBO Go via the Android app which I just 'cast' to the TV.  Ended up being cheaper overall. Far easier to see the programme schedule with the HBO app too vs the garbage Playbox schedule.

What I do not understand is why AIS has not added HBO go app to their box where people could purchase it , they could easily run it through their system by adding 20 baht charge on top and not be in any breach 

just an app downloaded through their box and charged to your account 

Do you use a VPN to watch channels on the Internet? For example, I need a VPN for mac and I'll think to use this rusvpn How really to choose a quality and convenient server?